A Democrat with a CCW, Oh MY!

This is a discussion on A Democrat with a CCW, Oh MY! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While at the gun board yesterday getting my CCW, I heard the name of my state representative calledas one of the applicants. He is a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Democrat with a CCW, Oh MY!

While at the gun board yesterday getting my CCW, I heard the name of my state representative calledas one of the applicants. He is a really nice guy and does agreat job as a State Rep. He is also a Democrat. I know him thru a high school booster club that I was president of. He also lives in my subdivision, next street over from me.

The State Police Officer on the gun board made mention of him being present and commended him on becoming one of the "Good Guys" (my words, not his, I think he said something to the effect, participating in the process, or something)

After the process was completed I stopped to talk to him for a few minutes. We generally got caught up on recent events, didn't even bring up the subject of guns.

Just wanted to point out that not all Democrats want to take our guns away.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Just wanted to point out that not all Democrats want to take our guns away.
    Some of us already know that. I would assume that there are quite a few registered Democrats on this forum as well.

Political party affiliation is not indicative of what the individual thinks, regardless of what some proclaim.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

There are lots of Democrats with CCW's that do want to take our guns away. Diane Feinstein is a good example of that.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

1943 - 2009
    Diane Feinstein is a good example of that.
    Senator Feinstein held a CA CWP when she was mayor of San Francisco. She has long since surrendered her permit.

Let us all remember the forum rules about political discussions. Keep it on topic.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

My democratic senator packs without a license. (Jim Webb) Or at least did until he got busted.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

John Salazar, (D Colo) got "A" marks from the NRA and was also very pro Veteran. Then Dear Leader appointed him to Sec. of Interior. We lost on both counts there. Maybe he will allow the CC in the Natl. Parks to remain.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Senior Moderator
    My Congressman Rep Bobby Bright told everyone to get a CCW when he was mayor of Montgomery. He is very pro-gun and has a state pistol permit.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Ted Strickland - D, Governor of Ohio. He's a REAL friend to Ohio gun owners, unlike that corrupt snake Taft. Strickland signed the bills enacting "Castle Doctrine" and removing the assinine "plain view in autombiles" provision from the CCW law.

I'm a Democrat-leaning independent and I know that quite a few Democrats are pro-gun and own guns. I'm very pro-gun, but don't own any yet, because I live in on-campus housing and it's against university regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    There are lots of Democrats with CCW's that do want to take our guns away. Diane Feinstein is a good example of that.
    Don't know if this was facetious, but she vehemently opposed the bill to relax restrictions in national parks using Brady-esque rhetoric.

.: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: News Room :.

I am a Democratic-leaning Independent, and I own 3 guns. And I don't want them taken away, either. Not even the "evil black guns" (mine is a beautiful solid black) or the non-existent "assault weapons".

Stereotypes exist because they're easy to use, but there are always lots of exceptions. We do the exceptions a disservice when we stereotype.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I've read the Chuck Schumer has a permit to carry. Won't convince me (or anyone else) that because of this, he's one of the good guys.

OTOH, I know a Democratic State Senator (used to be State Rep when I knew him) that had a permit back in the early 1980's. And AFAIK, he IS one of the good guys, he always was for us being armed. Of course he had HIS permit long before the average citizen was allowed one.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Good to hear your local State Rep. is Pro 2A

But, I think that party affiliation has little or nothing to do with it; it’s has more to do with where you’re from.

My first cousin, is a Democrat US Senator, and I know for a fact he is Pro 2A.

And I know our local Senator Bill Nelson is also Pro 2A, and he’s a Democrat.

But, there are some who are pro 2A, who also feel there should be some restrictions, and that’s where our differences lye.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    I've read the Chuck Schumer has a permit to carry. Won't convince me (or anyone else) that because of this, he's one of the good guys.

OTOH, I know a Democratic State Senator (used to be State Rep when I knew him) that had a permit back in the early 1980's. And AFAIK, he IS one of the good guys, he always was for us being armed. Of course he had HIS permit long before the average citizen was allowed one.
    Schumer is one of my Senators and he does have an NYC carry permit. NYC carry permits are among the toughest to get in the country-you either have to be a celebrity or have insane political connections.

He is definitely not pro-2nd amendment.

My other Senator, Kirsten Gillibrand (replaced Hillary Clinton), has an A rating from the NRA, and is also a Democrat like Schumer. But, like me, she's from Upstate NY, and Upstate Democrats tend to be more gun-friendly on average than Democrats from NYC/Long Island or surrounding areas.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Voting records are the only real way to know who the politcal pro 2A guys are :)
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links