Defensive Carry banner

A Democrat with a CCW, Oh MY!

4K views 32 replies 30 participants last post by  topknot 
#1 ·
While at the gun board yesterday getting my CCW, I heard the name of my state representative calledas one of the applicants. He is a really nice guy and does agreat job as a State Rep. He is also a Democrat. I know him thru a high school booster club that I was president of. He also lives in my subdivision, next street over from me.

The State Police Officer on the gun board made mention of him being present and commended him on becoming one of the "Good Guys" (my words, not his, I think he said something to the effect, participating in the process, or something)

After the process was completed I stopped to talk to him for a few minutes. We generally got caught up on recent events, didn't even bring up the subject of guns.

Just wanted to point out that not all Democrats want to take our guns away.

#2 ·
Some of us already know that. I would assume that there are quite a few registered Democrats on this forum as well.

Political party affiliation is not indicative of what the individual thinks, regardless of what some proclaim.

#4 ·
Diane Feinstein is a good example of that.
Senator Feinstein held a CA CWP when she was mayor of San Francisco. She has long since surrendered her permit.

Let us all remember the forum rules about political discussions. Keep it on topic.

#6 ·
John Salazar, (D Colo) got "A" marks from the NRA and was also very pro Veteran. Then Dear Leader appointed him to Sec. of Interior. We lost on both counts there. Maybe he will allow the CC in the Natl. Parks to remain.

#8 ·
Ted Strickland - D, Governor of Ohio. He's a REAL friend to Ohio gun owners, unlike that corrupt snake Taft. Strickland signed the bills enacting "Castle Doctrine" and removing the assinine "plain view in autombiles" provision from the CCW law.

#11 ·
I am a Democratic-leaning Independent, and I own 3 guns. And I don't want them taken away, either. Not even the "evil black guns" (mine is a beautiful solid black) or the non-existent "assault weapons".

Stereotypes exist because they're easy to use, but there are always lots of exceptions. We do the exceptions a disservice when we stereotype.

#12 ·
I've read the Chuck Schumer has a permit to carry. Won't convince me (or anyone else) that because of this, he's one of the good guys.

OTOH, I know a Democratic State Senator (used to be State Rep when I knew him) that had a permit back in the early 1980's. And AFAIK, he IS one of the good guys, he always was for us being armed. Of course he had HIS permit long before the average citizen was allowed one.

#14 ·
Schumer is one of my Senators and he does have an NYC carry permit. NYC carry permits are among the toughest to get in the country-you either have to be a celebrity or have insane political connections.

He is definitely not pro-2nd amendment.

My other Senator, Kirsten Gillibrand (replaced Hillary Clinton), has an A rating from the NRA, and is also a Democrat like Schumer. But, like me, she's from Upstate NY, and Upstate Democrats tend to be more gun-friendly on average than Democrats from NYC/Long Island or surrounding areas.

#13 ·
Good to hear your local State Rep. is Pro 2A

But, I think that party affiliation has little or nothing to do with it; it’s has more to do with where you’re from.

My first cousin, is a Democrat US Senator, and I know for a fact he is Pro 2A.

And I know our local Senator Bill Nelson is also Pro 2A, and he’s a Democrat.

But, there are some who are pro 2A, who also feel there should be some restrictions, and that’s where our differences lye.

#17 ·
I'm a democrat. Just got two receivers in to build scary black guns with. I know many like me. Remember that Bush said he'd sign a new AWB if it came to his desk. Neither major party is genuinely on our side.

That said -- let's try and keep this on the guns and not on the politics...

#21 ·
OK....
But do you think you would need more than the fingers on one hand to count all of those democratic politicians you speak of? :wink:

:yup:

#25 ·
I would imagine there are plenty (and actually know several) democrats who are very pro 2A. There are 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights... I couldn't imagine people picking a party affiliation based on just one single right... what about the other 9? Saying only republicans support the second amendment would be as silly as saying only democrats support the eighth amendment. Know and fight for ALL of your rights and you shouldn't need a mascot to tell you which one(s) is important to you! They should ALL be important to you no matter which direction you lean.

#26 ·
You do realize that many in politics feel they are superior to everyone else. They think what’s good for them is not good for US. Just because they have a Gun ,a Gas guzzler use more energy, don’t conserve, don’t pay their taxes, hire illegal aliens, get sweetheart deals on their home mortgage’s, have sex with interns, have sex in the oval office, heat the oval office so high you could grow orchids, get graft from unions and lobbyists ect. ect. That they want us to share the same freedoms as our forefathers dreamed?
Bunch of crooks that think they are our Boss’s and not our Employees. (representatives)

#27 ·
To me that is like saying that not all Muslims are terrorists...which is true. However, 95% of terrorists are Muslim.

So, if not all democrats want to take our guns away, how many anti's are democrats...I'd venture to guess around 95%!

(Please NO ONE construe this to say I think democrats are terrorists...that is NOT the point I am trying to make.)

#30 ·
His press secretary Brady is possibly the most anti gun person in the US.
I'm not defending James Brady's views, but getting shot in the head tends to color one's opinion against guns.

#32 ·
Is it just me or is crime lower in states and cities that are more gun friendly and or have CC. Cities like New York, Washington DC and LA that hate all kinds of private ownership seem to have high crime levels. Maybe this is the message that needs to get out sense the news media does not seem to want this known.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.