I am actually appalled

This is a discussion on I am actually appalled within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I'll be stumped Chris. You're right. It works for me just fine for my city, state but I just tried some common cities that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am actually appalled

Well, I'll be stumped Chris. You're right. It works for me just fine for my city, state but I just tried some common cities that I've lived and it doesn't work.

Sorry about that, thought it was a great resource and didn't realize that it was flawed.

Wayne

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Well - it sure looks mega useful but strange then it should have seemingly big gaps.

I may try a few other samples later to see.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Many factors are putting a suck on LEs recrutement. Such as the many factors that are draining our economy, higher military retention, and some negative police perception. Things will only get worse on the LE side. Hopefully we can hold our own on our side. I hope there will not be a liberal democrat backlash next election.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Maybe I'm in the minority in that my neighborhood is actually getting *better*. It's an older part of town largely filled with big, beautiful Craftsman (aka Mission) style houses. Starting in the Great Depression through the 50's most of these were divided up into appartments. Now people are buying them back and turning them back into single family dwellings and restoring them. I got a good deal on ours. Since it was a 5-unit you had to get a commercial loan to buy it. I talked the seller into removing one door so we could call it a 4 unit. Now it's one main house and we still rent out the basement because we just don't need THAT much room.

There were a few incidents when we first got here--knifing tires, graffiti, and the crazy druggy lady who burst in demanding to know where her husband was and she knew my wife was fooling around with him. We were just moving in THAT DAY, the house was wide open due to people coming and going and I had a half-dozen friends out back enjoying beers and hamburgers. If she had not been half-dressed and very skinny (so she was obviously unarmed), and had my guns not have still been packed, it could have been messy. We've had no more incidents and the neighborhood has been quiet and enjoyable for a few years now.

The problem druggie house across the street finally got sold to a landlord who gives a rip and who's renter screening is more than holding a mirror under their nose to see if it fogs. A meth house 2 blocks away was busted and has since been beautifully restored. So I've got high hopes...

Assistant Administrator
    Darth - what a pleasure to read what you had to say - there may be hope yet!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links