Pennsylvania non-residence licence

This is a discussion on Pennsylvania non-residence licence within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mailed my Penn. app. to Centre County Feb 4, so I hope to see it soon............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pennsylvania non-residence licence

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I mailed my Penn. app. to Centre County Feb 4, so I hope to see it soon.........
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the links ya'll. I dont understand why it has to be so difficult. But it is what it is I guess. Seems like Delaware is a pain in the A$$ to get a permit. I cant get a Texas non resident license because I took my training course more then 2 years ago. The Florida non resident license looks like the best bet. But after I get the Florida non resident license, can I get the PA license in the mail as if I had a Delaware license? I think that once one has obtained a CCW in their state, the states that have reciprocity with that state should honor new CCW licenses like changing drivers licenses. I dont see the need to make it so hard for people to protect themselves. Or make it a national CCW as long as one abides by that states CCW laws. just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Kyle007; February 8th, 2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added text

Hey, one more thing, I think I saw a link that was offering a Florida non resident class somewhere on the forum in Delaware. They handles all the finger printing and photos and such. Was a dreaming or is there such a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle007 View Post
    Thanks for the links ya'll. I dont understand why it has to be so difficult. But it is what it is I guess. Seems like Delaware is a pain in the A$$ to get a permit. I cant get a Texas non resident license because I took my training course more then 2 years ago. The Florida non resident license looks like the best bet. But after I get the Florida non resident license, can I get the PA license in the mail as if I had a Delaware license? I think that once one has obtained a CCW in their state, the states that have reciprocity with that state should honor new CCW licenses like changing drivers licenses. I dont see the need to make it so hard for people to protect themselves. Or make it a national CCW as long as one abides by that states CCW laws. just my 2 cents

once the second amendment is incorporated it should be forced upon the states.
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle007 View Post
    I have a Texas CCW I now live in Wilmington De. What is a non residence CCW? I thought that since I moved to a new state I had to get That states license. I dont want to surrender my Texas license if I dont have to but want to be legal when I carry in Delaware. I will also be traveling through Pa, New Jersey and Maryland on a regular basis. thanks for your help in advance!
    You are aware that you need to update your address on your Tx license when you change your address,If your in the military you may be ok but I don't think your tx resident permit is good if you move out of state
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    Centre County Sheriff's Office
    213 East High Street
    Bellefonte, PA 16823

A photo copy of your Driver's License
    A photo copy of your CCL
    $26 and a SASE.

I got mine in 10 days. Not 10 working days, but 10 days. Sheriff Denny Nau and his outstanding staff rocks!!
    Same for me.

I mailed it out on Monday and got it back today. 6 Days. That was easy.

I just just got mine today,I mailed it in around the 1st of Feb give or take a day or two,the return was very quick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links