Not WWW, but first CCW outing

This is a discussion on Not WWW, but first CCW outing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a Tagua IWB holster for my XD45 today and having had my CCW for a few weeks I figured it was time to ...

I purchased a Tagua IWB holster for my XD45 today and having had my CCW for a few weeks I figured it was time to take that next step. This little holster is extremely comfortable and holds my weapon nice and tight against my body to the extent that a tee shirt was sufficient for concealment. I have to admit I was a little nervous and this is one of the reasons I haven't made the maiden voyage before. Had a couple of things to get at the Home Depot so the wife and I went in with no issues, of course I did have her kind of eyeball the situation to insure that all was well and it was. Next stop was The Dollar Tree, I meandered around there for about 20 minutes with no issues as well. It turns out that I was the only one who noticed! I don't know what it is about the nachos but I didn't get any either. But I do have a lot more confidence to carry more often.

Congrats on breaking in the XD45! Since you mentioned Home Depot, I broke in my Beretta 92 in a shoulder holster rig at Home Depot and Office Max. Of course the Beretta felt 3 times larger than my usual PT145 carry, and I felt that everyone could see the bulky holster under my left armpit despite a large leather jacket. Turns out the Home Depot folks were waiting for me to leave so they could close for the night - I was their last customer.

We seem to be the only ones who think it's showing. I have been carrying since last October, the first time out I thought I had a neon sign on my hip. I did the Wally World tour and no one noticed anything. I now go in and the sporting goods manager knows me by name. Since there is a shortage of ammo,I call to see if they have any 9mm in stock. If he says yes, I tell him to pull all of it and I will be right up. He has never once asked if I was "toten a rosco", and I will never tell.

Good job Froggy, you got that out of the way. Keep in mind you are not doing anything wrong, it's just you exercising your 2nd amendment right. Keep it up!

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Always good to see someone exercising their rights!

Trust me, soon enough it will feel weird if you leave the house unarmed. I am still always aware that I am armed, but after awhile you'll realize that people see what they want to see and what they are looking for.

Good on you for carrying.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Lead Moderator
    Once you have carried a few times it starts to come as normal and you get alot more comfortable with no one noticing your concealed gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Yep, give it a couple of weeks and it will be second nature to you. Sometimes when we go out, I notice I have my gun on and I really almost can't even remember putting it on. Like putting your pants on, you just do it on auto pilot.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Don't worry, you'll get used to it in no time. Congratulations on your first trip out, but don't forget the WW walk...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Links