I didn't get made, didn't get pulled over, didn't have a ND..........

This is a discussion on I didn't get made, didn't get pulled over, didn't have a ND.......... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Stranger Well I have had 1 ND so far... turning out to be a good kid....OH you were speaking of guns. No ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I didn't get made, didn't get pulled over, didn't have a ND..........

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Well I have had 1 ND so far... turning out to be a good kid....OH you were speaking of guns. No issues on my end.

No issues to date, 9+ years
    Last edited by rhinokrk; February 9th, 2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: 9+ years
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

2. Remove Ads

I was feeling left out too, so when police announced their latest DUI checkpoint, I strapped on 2 of my favorite guns and headed on over to see what the Ohio mandatory informing was all about.

Been CCing since 1976. No ND, no problems with cops, never been made by anyone. This is not bragging, this just shows that anyone can do the same by being careful and constantly aware of what they're doing and avoiding doing things that make police notice you.

This is part of my personal lifestyle. It evolved along the path of life. When I first got my CC I was 18. Did my share of stupid stuff like we all do(Speeding DUI etc). However back then I did not carry very often as MA had very strict rules and licenses had all kinds of restrictions. I think that was good for me at my age. As I got older I carried more but being married with kids running around I matured and did the dumb stuff less. Now as a not so young guy living in FL I carry all the time when I'm not working. Can't carry at work. But now I never drink and drive, don't speed, and drive very carefully since I drive 18 wheelers for a living. Age tends to mellow you out a bit too!

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    No NDs for sure... I got made a couple times when I first started by people I knew, but they were more just helping me out than anything... no tickets since I had a kid and started driving like an adult. As the kid was also the impetus for getting the CHL in the first place, I have not been pulled over while carrying...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    I guess I figure it's carma. Start running your mouth about having never made a mistake, and see what happens to you tomorrow.... Suddenly you're the next guy to shoot a crapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    This is like bragging that you've never been down on a motorcycle.

To date, the wife has only said anything when I greeted the new neighbors with pistol in hand after thinking that someone was breaking in to their house. We are now good friends and talk guns. She's also good at telling me when I'm printing, usually by pointing and laughing.
    Mykel

more later...

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    We'll, I can't join, had one ND in my life. Nothing hurt but my pride but boy was that banged up!! And I'm retired military and been around guns my whole life. So for those of you who are "in", i'm glad you haven't had an ND and I hope you have enough humility to at least be reminded to always remain vigilant because safer, better, trained men then you have had that one moment when things fell into place the wrong way and we did something stuipid one time and "bang"!

I can say I've never been made and I have a perfect driving record but good for you guys that have it all!

I'm in this club...for now...

Just the same way as I used to be part of that illustrious club of motorcyclists that hadn't been down...
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Man... why did you have to include the wife.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

I have been down on a motorcycle and did my 2 weeks in the hospitol...yup, learned from that one and went out and bought a MUCH faster bike! Figured I would go for the morgue or jail on that one...wised up and sold it before I tested that one out (although I did get 13,000 safe miles on the 'Busa).

I think it is kinda like cc'ing. If you have never had a close call on a bike or cc'ing(like getting made)...you are most likely not telling the truth. Then again, if I carried my 642 in pocket carry my whole life the likelyhood would be less. I think I have probably been made more than I think in that they thought I was a cop or just kept their mouth shut.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Quote Originally Posted by Krockett View Post
    I have too say you guys are a little intolerant. If those threads bother you or you find them unnecessary don't read them!!!! Its as easy as that, no one forces you to read them all or any of them and if they help one person out or make one person smile then they are not a bad thing. Let people talk about whatever they want... how much does it really affect you? and on that note, continue complaining !!!!! or announcing that you are not human and never make mistakes, or whatever it is this thread is really about.
    +1 I agree - this thread is rather pompous and intolerant. Lately I've noticed a few members here seem like they've been trying to turn this forum slowly into Glock Talk
    Glock 19, 26 & 36 | Kahr K9 & PM9 | S&W M&P9c, 642 & 640 | Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artificialgrey View Post
    +1 I agree - this thread is rather pompous and intolerant. Lately I've noticed a few members here seem like they've been trying to turn this forum slowly into Glock Talk
    I find the threads that WHINE about being made, pulled over and the other "baring their soul" childish and immature.

As my Grandfather used to say, "Only a monkey bares his butt".

The point of this thread wasn't to gloat, it was to point out that the vast majority of us pay attention to what we do and don't have problems.
    Last edited by Chorizo; February 9th, 2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Removed rant, left in my point.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Same here. I have CC all together for almost 7 years now with no drama.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Well I have had 1 ND so far... turning out to be a good kid....OH you were speaking of guns. No issues on my end.
    OK this one took just a second to sink in before I started

Guys. Chill.

There's nothing wrong with telling eveyone you haven't had a problem.

There's also nothing wrong with sharing your mistakes for everyone to learn by.

But since no one will listen to me anyway, I'll just get some popcorn and watch until this thread gets locked down.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    But since no one will listen to me anyway, I'll just get some popcorn and watch until this thread gets locked down.
    mmm popcorn sounds like a fantastic idea

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links