I didn't get made, didn't get pulled over, didn't have a ND..........

This is a discussion on I didn't get made, didn't get pulled over, didn't have a ND.......... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Remember Murphy can show his ugly head at any time! If he hasn't been to your house, be thankful. And if he has, learn from ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I didn't get made, didn't get pulled over, didn't have a ND..........

Remember Murphy can show his ugly head at any time!
    If he hasn't been to your house, be thankful.
    And if he has, learn from it and move on.
    And when he does, I hope he dont stay long.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I believe this is the first thread on this site I've read that I found, well, either not nice or somehow not the type of post I've come to expect around here. But then that's liberty right?

My choice to walk away and ignore it.

jfl
    News are made when something go wrong (W. Cronkite ???)
    I am in the club and plan to stay !!!

However, I am not sure I understand the "being made" emotion; unless it is verbalized by another party, I believe it is mainly in the person "being made" head.

I really don't care as long as I stay legal...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Asked an officer for directions while carrying.

Lol...I'll play.

A little over a year carrying...never been made...haven't had a ND yet....no problems with LEOs. I think it just comes down to using common sense.

I also cut a deer in half on my Shadow 1100 in 2006...and did not go down afterward. Don't ask me how that happened.....
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Quote Originally Posted by packin45 View Post
    I also cut a deer in half on my Shadow 1100 in 2006...and did not go down afterward. Don't ask me how that happened.....
    oddly enough I know someone who did the exact same thing only he wasn't on a Shadow :p

Quote Originally Posted by JEAM View Post
    oddly enough I know someone who did the exact same thing only he wasn't on a Shadow :p
    I saw it on the internet, a biker chops a deer in half and doesn't fall. youtube I think.

P.S.
    When I first posted to this thread I didn’t even think it was about a club or braggin’ or anything like that. I am very sure at anytime I could be made or make a mistake. I am human. In fact I wrote my post like I was at an AA meeting, any moment one can fall of the wagon. I just saw a thread I felt I could post in. If I felt this was some sort of braggin’ thing or look at how wonderful I am thread I would not of posted. And I don’t think it was meant that way. If it was I will go out and get “made” so I will be vanquished.
    I truly enjoy reading about others, it is how I learn. And for the Murphy’s law deal, just after I posted here I was a witness to a fight with about 7 people with a knife being drawn.
    Five were attacking two. I was thinkin’ “Man stuff never goes down the way you think”.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsnpr View Post
    I saw it on the internet, a biker chops a deer in half and doesn't fall. youtube I think.
    funny thing is my friend was going 70 MPH down the highway sliced the deer in half stayed up and rode back to where the deer was......turns out the deer was still breathing

Is this being made?

OK. I'm not sure if this counts. The other day I was at my credit union making a fairly large withdrawal in cash to take to my bank so that the mortgage didn't bounce. The teller asked for my drivers license which has my laminated permit taped to the back. You can't see the permit details, just the state seal. (No one else has ever questioned me on this previously.) She looked very skeptical/suspicious, but didn't say/ask anything. After a couple minutes fiddling around not sure what to do, she excused herself and went in back with my license/permit. A few minutes later she emerged, just sweet as pie, and acted in a way that sort of implied she thought I was an agency employee. It's awkward to tell someone that an unspoken assumption is wrong, so I said nothing. And thanked her.

So what do you think?

Does that count as being made?

(note: Was not carrying, sense "NO-GUN-SIGN" on door)
    Last edited by Fenris; February 10th, 2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by JEAM View Post
    funny thing is my friend was going 70 MPH down the highway sliced the deer in half stayed up and rode back to where the deer was......turns out the deer was still breathing
    I was on the freeway, going 75 mph in heavy traffic, when it happened, and it was still plenty light out at the time. The deer ran between a Denny's restaurant and a hotel, jumped a chain link fence, and landed directly in front of my bike....I never even saw it. Had I gone down, three cars would have probably run me over before anyone would have known what happened. After I got the bike off onto the shoulder and stopped, I was again almost hit by someone swerving to avoid what was left of the deer.

Hands-down the most terrifying experience of my life, and not one I ever care to repeat.

Sorry for the OT ramble.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

sounds fun :D

would do it only if I was guaranteed I would stay up which is doubtful gotta hit that thing just right :D

JRI
    Me too, me too! Since 01-JAN-71

CCing for 14 years and been around guns much longer than that. I am not going to praise myself for not having a ND, AD whatever you want to call it because I am human and capable of doing stupid things. I thank God for the safety I have expierenced. I would be real careful about getting on a high horse because just when you think you are above such a thing it will happen to you!! Just read some of the AD/ND threads on this and other forums!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

does dropping a .45 in walmart count?
    "Brains before Bullets"

Only pulled over once in almost 10 years driving (during the first week I had my license didn't know my turn signals weren't working), never had a ND, never been made by anyone who didn't know I carry, and my wife is cool. Yay me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links