Why does adding "...while carrying" change anything? - Page 4

Why does adding "...while carrying" change anything?

This is a discussion on Why does adding "...while carrying" change anything? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 I'm not raggin' on anybody, or saying anyone is wrong...but I keep seeing things like "pulled over while carrying" or "did ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why does adding "...while carrying" change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I'm not raggin' on anybody, or saying anyone is wrong...but I keep seeing things like "pulled over while carrying" or "did something else while carrying"...

How is a traffic stop ANY different while carrying? You're doing something completely legal. It's not something that's borderline illegal. It's not anything that's going to change anything. You're just another citizen who got pulled over. Not like the guy pulling you over is a BG...I don't understand what's different about being pulled over with your weapon on you.

I don't really see how it "changes" anything else in life either. It's a tool. I carry a knife, a leatherman, a gun...all are tools to make a job easier or possible. The only situation it changes is the one where I have to use it.

Or the one genius who brainstormed the question " would you save the last round for yourself" or something to that effect.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I'm not raggin' on anybody, or saying anyone is wrong...but I keep seeing things like "pulled over while carrying" or "did something else while carrying"...

How is a traffic stop ANY different while carrying? You're doing something completely legal. It's not something that's borderline illegal. It's not anything that's going to change anything. You're just another citizen who got pulled over. Not like the guy pulling you over is a BG...I don't understand what's different about being pulled over with your weapon on you.

I don't really see how it "changes" anything else in life either. It's a tool. I carry a knife, a leatherman, a gun...all are tools to make a job easier or possible. The only situation it changes is the one where I have to use it.
    I was pulled over while breathing. Yep, I have noticed. But I am also quite surprised at the number of people who hand over their permit/license (in a state not required to inform) when approached by a LEO. This really shocks me. Oh by the way officer - I am not wearing underwear. TMI all the way around.

my 2 cents like it or not. 3 traffic stops in 14 years. i dont have to notify. i did because i thought it would be polite. got my butt chewed royally because of how i carry. 2 were tn. troopers one was a county mounty. the law states where i can carry the officer by law cannot tell me how to carry my weapon in tn. one taught classes. on said he had just gone through the class the nite before. now i submit it is not the officers fault it is the officers superiors. i seems to me they just dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by jughead2 View Post
    my 2 cents like it or not. 3 traffic stops in 14 years. i dont have to notify. i did because i thought it would be polite. got my butt chewed royally because of how i carry. 2 were tn. troopers one was a county mounty. the law states where i can carry the officer by law cannot tell me how to carry my weapon in tn. one taught classes. on said he had just gone through the class the nite before. now i submit it is not the officers fault it is the officers superiors. i seems to me they just dont care.
    How do you carry? Why would they care HOW you carry?
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links