WWW........ The other side

This is a discussion on WWW........ The other side within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the past year, I've read stories of the WWW (Wally World Walk) when getting a new CCW. Well, working for Wally World, I've been ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWW........ The other side

WWW........ The other side

For the past year, I've read stories of the WWW (Wally
    World Walk) when getting a new CCW. Well, working for Wally World, I've been watching. :)
    Twice in the past year, I've seen people that were just a little too careful how they moved. Might just have been grabbing their jacket before they bent over for something, or just holding their arms straight down by their sides as they went down the aisle.

But, If I hadn't been looking for it, I would have never seen it. ;)
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    haha...thanks for the tip!!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by MoMike View Post
    ...or just holding their arms straight down by their sides as they went down the aisle.

But, If I hadn't been looking for it, I would have never seen it. ;)
    Oh man! The "board walk." Ba-Dum-Tish. Guilty as charged. Luckily, I got over the "Everyone knows!" and "Everyone's watchin' me!" syndromes pretty quickly. As pcon said, "Thanks."

Tip for others new to carry: This may seem like a no-brainer, but have a friend or loved one keep an eye on you when you go out for the first few times. Try and force yourself to move normally and ask them to tell you if they spot anything weird about your movements. I had my SO and/or father do that and it really helped me to "act normal."

I think I would walk by and without looking at them say" They have some great nachos in the snack bar" and see if they laugh or say "What ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhauler View Post
    I think I would walk by and without looking at them say" They have some great nachos in the snack bar" and see if they laugh or say "What ?"
    Haha that would be great!

My WWW will hopefully be within 77 days...I will try to remember what you said! Got me thinking I might order my CC holster now, practice wearing around the house to get comfortable. Also...to practice my laser-guided draw! Hopefully my S&W arrives tomorrow...
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

Try appendix carry, there is no way you can be seen if you have a sub compact.

good one

thanks

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by civic2nr86 View Post
    Try appendix carry, there is no way you can be seen if you have a sub compact.
    I could make a joke here... but there are usually ladies present...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ropedartman View Post
    My WWW will hopefully be within 77 days...I will try to remember what you said! Got me thinking I might order my CC holster now, practice wearing around the house to get comfortable. Also...to practice my laser-guided draw! Hopefully my S&W arrives tomorrow...
    Exactly what I've been doing for the last week. Helps to break in the leather holster, get comfortable wearing it and adjusting the holster postion. I spend a few minutes here and there , bending and reaching in front of a mirror, wear the holster all day, empty if I go out somewhere, but still good public practice to get used to keeping it out of sight.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The FBI has a great training aid on "How to Spot a Concealed Weapon". I wish I could find it, but I've lost it. Most of the giveaways are subconscious mannerisms combined with mode of dress tip-offs. Learning to "forget" you have a CCW is a great advantage.

Of course, if people start following the recent trend and use their camera phones while on the WWW, it should be pretty easy to spot.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    What strikes me here is again the idea that people see what they are looking for. MoMike took what he saw on the WWW threads and it made his awareness go up. Because he was aware at work he saw some people who may well have been making their WWW.

Good on you for raising your awareness my friend!

For everyone else, the key here is that he never saw anyone actually carrying, just some signs that made his spidey-senses tingle. If someone looking for it never saw a print or could confirm, how about the general public? This should increase confidence in everyone who CCs.

It's all about awareness. If you are aware of your surroundings instead of lost in your own la-la land it provides you probably the greatest deterrent to becoming a statistic that exists. MoMike was watching for CCs; that same logic can be used to prevent SD situations too.

Thanks for the post MoMike!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Ropedartman View Post
    This is good advice for yourself. Get your holsters now and wear em everywhere you can. My CWP hasnt arrived yet (I suspect it will be here by the end of the month or early next month) but because I own my own business I allow myself to carry here so I do. No one has noticed and only one other person knows.

I have a few other places I am allowed to carry (business relationships) and it has helped in acting "normal" if thats possible for me. LOL

I also carry all the time at home.

Good call on your part. Carry safe and carry always. (within the law)
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

mkh
    That is what I do. I carry concealed around the house though sometimes I carry openly. I'm getting used to having it on my side while waiting for my permit to come in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links