Tennessee Concealed Carry Licensee List - Page 2

Tennessee Concealed Carry Licensee List

This is a discussion on Tennessee Concealed Carry Licensee List within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought that a couple of years ago we had halted this in the legislature, but there is no end as to how low the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tennessee Concealed Carry Licensee List

I thought that a couple of years ago we had halted this in the legislature, but there is no end as to how low the press will go to make the second amendment seem radical.

Yep, my wife and I are on there. In fact, if you want to find every person in the town you live in who has a permit, just type in the name of the town. It will pull up every permitee in the town.

This is a bunch of crap. And in case anyone wants to send a letter to Mr. Pepe, the editor of the Communist Appeal, I a have his address. Not his address at the news paper. I have his home address. It is a matter of public record and I looked it up. If anyone wants it, I will send it to you.

Maybe getting several hundred letters to his HOME address will make him think twice about this kind of thing.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

At first I thought I wasn't on it, then I found myself when I just typed in my name with no other information!

When did privacy become so hard to obtain? When did anonymity become such a bad word?
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

It looks to be a separate list from database. I know I am in database (Been checked once by LEO) but I am not on list. Got my HCP about 5 months ago.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by possessed View Post
    Is there a NC list?
    No, North Carolina permits are not public record.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I was living in Colorado some time around 2000-2003, Denver and a few smaller towns West of there...I remember a local newspaper (don't remember which one now..) getting a hold of the "list" and publishing it!!!

I didn't CC at the time,(just didn't know any better ) but, even I remember feeling a little outraged by it none the less..

If I recall, it stirred up quite the hornets nest!!

Many of the same arguments seen here already.

Also, one argument I remeber seeing, think about this...

Something very bad happens to a neighhbor on your street...it's gun related..., or a neighbor gets robbed, mugged, carjacked, home invaded, at gunpoint...who is the first one the rest of your neighbors are gonna look to....maybe the one who's on a public list to own and carry guns?! Especially, concidering that most sheep don't initially think of gun ownership as defensive but, as offensive...

There was a paper here in VA that created a search able database of all CHP holders in VA. There was such an out cry about privacy that the paper shut the database down. The Attorney General ruled that the State Police records were for official use only preventing access to the full list. The list at County Court Clerks Offices is still public record and one paper publishes the information for new permit holders in that area.

Last year the legislature had a bill to not let this info be public. Speaker of the House Jimmy N. had it struck down.

Next thing you know you will be able to search for people that carry and they will put it on a map. Just like if you search for people that have to register as sex offenders. Put your address in and up pops a map with everyone and their address.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow662 View Post
    Next thing you know you will be able to search for people that carry and they will put it on a map. Just like if you search for people that have to register as sex offenders. Put your address in and up pops a map with everyone and their address.

then you get a long gun instead of a pistol to carry, let the license expire get off the list :P im thinking an AOW shotty would be good
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

VIP Member

No Good Reason

One reason local, evening murder and mayhem hacks and other liars cite for publishing the list is to enable private citizens to monitor HCP status of new felons. But, of course, this argument fails against the provable and empirically sound counter-argument that HCP holders are among the most decent, law-abiding citizens. As of last spring, "Mr. Browning, the Department of Safety spokesman, ...said the department resumed NCIC checks on renewal permits after investigative stories by Nashville’s Newschannel 5 revealed some handgun permits were being renewed despite serious felony offenses by permit holders.

In one case, the station reported, a man was convicted of attempted murder after he tried to shoot his ex-girlfriend and her new companion.

Since resuming NCIC checks, the department has revoked 37 permits as of March 20, Mr. Browning said. He said the department continues to plow through some of the 30,000 permits renewed from mid-2006 to early 2008." - Chattanooga Times Free Press. Friday, April 4, 2008. "State GOP seeks data on gun permits". Andy Sher.

Consider that the US prison population including those on parole and probation is 3.2%, the rate of new felons with HCP seems much lower.

We have nothing to hide but deserve better than to have our firearms, safe in our hands, made known to those who are more likely criminal and who haven't taken the initiative to get a permit.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Looked up friends with CCW in Tennessee and didn't find them

I looked up a couple of my friends that have CCW permits here in Tennessee and the search result was "no records found". It would appear that this "list" is not valid or does not work.

Well, I looked again just using last name.....

I apologize, I went back and looked again just using last name and there they were.......I'm not there yet, still waiting for mine to come in the mail.

A list of North Carolina concealed handgun permit holders, listed by county, was, in fact, published about three months ago. I saw a story about it either in the Greensboro News & Record or the Raleigh News & Observer. I'm sorry but I can't recall which paper. I clicked the link and scrolled to Randolph County and, sure enough, my wife and I were listed.
    "Where are we headed...and why are we in this handbasket?"

In the interest of being fair, and using WhitePages.addresses.com, here's the managing staff of the Memphis Commercial Appeal:

Name Job Home Address City,State,Zip

Joseph Pepe president and publisher 3195 Wetherby Cv S Germantown, TN 38139

Steve Tomb VP of Operations 1846 Wildcreek Cv Collierville, TN 38017

Chris Peck editor 21 Belleair Dr Memphis, TN 38104 (a well known anti-guner and mainly responsible for this thing)

Otis Sanford editor/opinion & editorials 3396 Park Ave Memphis, TN 38111

Eric Janssen VP of Digital Media 8996 Stratfield Cv Germantown, TN 38139

Scott Sines managing editor 2136 Wentworth Ln Germantown, TN 38139

Daniel Moehle VP/Chief Financial Officer 3172 Devonshire Way Germantown, TN 38139

Karl Wurzbach VP of Sales and Marketing 3098 Bentwood Run Dr Collierville, TN 38017

Robert Jiranek VP of New Business Development 175 Waring Rd Memphis, TN 38117

Bob Pinarski Advertising director 3961 Herons Landing Ln Arlington, TN 38002

Denise Holman Manager of Classified Advertising 720 Litty Ct 103 Memphis, TN 38103

Paul Jewell Marketing director 1439 Vance Ave Memphis, TN 38104

It is all public records, so this is not violating any law, or any expectation of privacy. Turn about is fair play I think.

I feel that these folks getting several hundred letters from permit holders to their HOME addresses might just persuade them that this kind of thing is not a good idea. Let's see how they like it.
    Last edited by TN_Mike; February 10th, 2009 at 09:43 PM.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links