new guy

new guy

This is a discussion on new guy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; how long til u stop haveing the feeling that every body is staring at you. i have my sigma in a supertuck and i naturally ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy

new guy

how long til u stop haveing the feeling that every body is staring at you. i have my sigma in a supertuck and i naturally wear my clothes baggy anyhow but it feels like i got a neon sign pointing at it! am i just paranoid or is this common?
    either fight or flight and i aint got no damn wings!

Took me a couple months before I really started feeling comfortable in a crowd. the more you do it the more you'll realize unless you do something dumb and uncover your pistol nobody is looking at you.
    Thanks,
    Rock

VIP Member
    It goes away with time. Just kinda have to relax and act normally.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Felt that way at first, but the only person that has ever "made me" is my seven year old daughter and she was six at the time. You'll be ok, don't worry about it.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

It's common, but it goes away soon enough....
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

I have been CCing for about a month. I find it helps a lot to carry around your family and friends. I came home tonight to my girlfriend who "knows" I've been carrying and ate dinner watched some tv and then took my firearm out of its holster to put it away and she was surprised I had it on me. (She doesn't really know I have been CCing daily, but what she doesn't know could save her life someday). I also cc'd to a few Gun club meeting and noone "made me" and that makes me feel good because its a great place to be "made". Its a place people would call me out on printing but at the same time not care that I was printing. Just some ideas. I am new at this too.

I carry a .45 para 4.25" in a super tuck. I always have my shirt untucked and have not had to alter my clothing choice.

ya saturday was my sons blue and gold banquet and he got his wolf badge dang den leader knows i carry as does he, made all the parents come up with their sons! felt like i was carrying a freakin bazooka in front of all those people
    either fight or flight and i aint got no damn wings!

VIP Member
    As others have said, the longer you carry and the more you carry the less you will feel like everyone sees it. People generally attribute any bumps they might see on the belt line as a cell phone, or maybe a multi tool.

Ditto above, I was pretty freaked out for about a month... then I pretty much realized I was the paranoid one and no one was staring or pointing. If anyone will notice it would most likely be another CCer in which case, no harm done. Welcome to the site and enjoy your SuperTuck, I love mine!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

Welcome from New York

Eventually it will just go away and you will forget you are carrying.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    "Familiarity breads contempt".

If you carry everyday, it'll sneak up on you and one day you'll realize you haven't been thinking about it!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Depends how paranoid you are. Varies with each person. Helps if you keep your fly zipped.. don't ask
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

welcome to the forum magdaddy,took me about a month but in time,
    before you know it that feeling will disapper. one of the things to keep
    in mind is that a big majority of the people don't really have a clue what
    thier doing let alone what other people or doing. just think back on your
    last time to wallyworld,most people are in thier own little world themsleves.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magdaddy View Post
    how long til u stop haveing the feeling that every body is staring at you. i have my sigma in a supertuck and i naturally wear my clothes baggy anyhow but it feels like i got a neon sign pointing at it! am i just paranoid or is this common?
    So you're new too eh?
    I'm waiting on my Michigan CPL, but I'm practicing already. I wear my holster from the time I get up until I go to bed and practice keeping it hidden, along with breaking in the new leather.
    I work from home and carry my Kimber all day. Clients have come in and never noticed. My own family has to ask if I'm carrying.
    This trial run is sure to help for when I can concealed carry in public. I have changed a few habits, I reach and bend a little bit differently and actaully practice in from of a mirror. By the time I get my permit I feel I will be ready for publicly carrying.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Keep in mind, that smaller pocket pistols are easier to conceal, and the time it take to know no one will notice is minimal.

Larger mid size pistols, that you carry on your hip or IWB, take more time to get use to, but over time that feeling of everyone will notice will go away.

Keep in mind, that while the object is that no one should ever notice your carrying, even if they do, see a little something that lets them know your packing, your still legal. And if you act like itís no big deal, they will too.

Welcome to DC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links