Little Nuiances of Carrying...

This is a discussion on Little Nuiances of Carrying... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are some of yours? For example I normally pocket carry my P3AT when I'm at the gym, but I always forget to take it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Nuiances of Carrying...

What are some of yours?

For example I normally pocket carry my P3AT when I'm at the gym, but I always forget to take it out of my right front pocket while doing deadlifts on back day. Can't lock out with it there!

Little stuff like that.

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Hugs.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

ya. I do the turn to the side thing.

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I usually leave mine in the glove box. I don't feel like worrying about my piece while working out. Besides that, what do you do when you go to the shower? I guess you could lock it in a locker. Nah, I take my chances and leave it in the glove box.

Getting in a hurry and forgetting to grab the gun-doesn't happen often but I've done it at least once, which is enough.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Carrying a heavy piece and having to use the bathroom
    Gun has to come out of the holster or my britches fall down.
    Also, wearing while at work during the summer and trying to remain concealed with light clothing.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

My "gym gun" is locked in my gym bag in the locker when I work out, which I am on my way out the door to do right now.

I have carried it in a SmartCarry while working out but I hate having to clean the sweat off of it and out of it after every work out.

Sometimes, realistically, it just isn't feasible to carry. A hard truth but a truth non-the-less.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I try to avoid this and generally I'm able to, but every now and then I'm in a situation where I need to reholster my guns in my SmartCarry while driving.

It sucks, but so far I haven't blowed a hole in the floorboard.

Honestly my biggest annoyance is using the restroom and having to get all tucked in before going out again. I spend my entire day on the road, using the restroom (for the long sit-down) is bound to happen at least once a day. Since I have to wear my uniform every day I need my shirt bloused nicely over my Supertuck and to be presentable enough that folks don't notice. That, and whenever I'm trying to re-tuck there's always someone knocking on the door and waiting impatiently. Grrrrrrr!

Anyway, guess that's my worst annoyance so I'm not doing too badly...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

A relative of mine just had everything stolen out of a gym locker. Someone used bolt cutters on the lock. It's not a very secure place to keep a gun, money, ID, really anything valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    Getting in a hurry and forgetting to grab the gun-doesn't happen often but I've done it at least once, which is enough.
    I actually came up with a solution for that problem. When I come home I put my 442 on my nightstand, and I put the key (attached to the rest of my keys on my key chain) in the lock of my little lock box under my bed. I only take the keys out of the lock box if the 442 is on me, so I can't lock my front door or get to my car unless I have my keys and consequently my gun. That's become a daily practice, and it's saved me from forgetting my gun in a hurry.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    I try to avoid this and generally I'm able to, but every now and then I'm in a situation where I need to reholster my guns in my SmartCarry while driving.

It sucks, but so far I haven't blowed a hole in the floorboard.
    That's why I added a ClipDraw to my M&P 45fs that I carry in a SmartCarry holster. That way I can "holster" at 10:00 for easy cross draw and out of the reach of any passenger be they child, friend or otherwise.

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

i got up from a plastic chair in an outdoor patio area and the chair was hanging off the handle of my j frame thru my shirt. also have snagged it on people in crowded areas. the chair thing got some laughs, the snag across a ladys chest got me a '' i whip your butt look''.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    My "gym gun" is locked in my gym bag in the locker when I work out, which I am on my way out the door to do right now.

I have carried it in a SmartCarry while working out but I hate having to clean the sweat off of it and out of it after every work out.

Sometimes, realistically, it just isn't feasible to carry. A hard truth but a truth non-the-less.

Yeah, it would be impossible for me to carry in the gym unless I bought a pocket gun. Even then, I still wouldn't want to be carrying while I was running.
    Throw nature out with a pitchfork
    And yet she will return

Lifting, playing volleyball, and even worse, playing hockey with no lockable storage. As a goalie, I'm definitely not carrying while on the ice!! My solution has been lockable in-car storage.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links