Denver Colorado Folks - Page 2

Denver Colorado Folks

This is a discussion on Denver Colorado Folks within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Larry Ashcraft Trouble is, there are way too few Coloradans left in Denver. They are all transplants from California who brought their ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denver Colorado Folks

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Ashcraft
    Trouble is, there are way too few Coloradans left in Denver. They are all transplants from California who brought their left wing ideas with them.
    Exactly! I'm a native (actually 2nd generation native) of the fine state of Colorado & I don't go into Denver or Boulder unless I just have to. When I do, you can be sure I carry.
    The political bent of these two cities embarrasses me and most other folks with real roots in the state.
    Other co-host of the DogWatch Social Club Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by .45Fan
    Exactly! I'm a native (actually 2nd generation native) of the fine state of Colorado & I don't go into Denver or Boulder unless I just have to. When I do, you can be sure I carry.
    The political bent of these two cities embarrasses me and most other folks with real roots in the state.
    .45, they also embarrass those of us who've lived here, moved away to places worse (DC/NoVA) and then moved back and can see just how the Californians have ruined the place. It's the same reason I left Florida for Denver in the first place, and why we're coming back from DC.

Next stop, Wyoming, Montana or Idaho since we like the cold, outdoors and my guns!

That "gun statute" is out-dated!

Quote Originally Posted by glock21guy
    I have looked over the actual gun statute for Denver, and you really need to be a lawyer to understand it.http://www.denvergov.org/Gun_Informa...mplate2739.asp
    This quote from the above web page doesn't make sense:

"1. Sec. 38-116.5 Concealed Weapons-Permits

Chief of Police authorized to issue concealed weapons

Chief of Police may promulgate regulations on issuance of concealed weapons permits"

Because Colorado is a "shall issue" state. See the following from http://www.packing.org:

10/7/04 A Denver District Court judge has ruled that, state law notwithstanding, the City of Denver can exercise its home-rule status and retain:

Its ban on "assault weapons" and "Saturday night specials;"
    Its requirement for "safe storage" of all firearms;
    Its ban on open carry.

However, the judge ruled that Denver cannot enforce:
    Its ban on furnishing firearms to minors;
    Its ban on firearms in parks, so long as the carrier is licensed to carry;
    Its ban on accessible firearms in automobiles traveling in the city, so long as the carrier is licensed to carry.

Bills SB 24 and SB 25 were signed by the Governor and will take effect on or about May 18, 2003. These two bills make Colorado "Shall Issue" and gives the state "Preemption" on all firearm laws.

"taken to the nearest Denver police station for carrying concealed firearms within the kingdom"

My question is, if they (CSPD Officers) were carrying concealed, what were they (CSPD Officers) doing that caused the Denver Police to stop, question and apprehend the CSDP folks? I have carried concealed around many police and never been asked anything. Were they displaying the weapons, talking about carrying, drinking and disorderly, what made the Denver police stop them for in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by JAXFL
    "taken to the nearest Denver police station for carrying concealed firearms within the kingdom"

My question is, if they (CSPD Officers) were carrying concealed, what were they (CSPD Officers) doing that caused the Denver Police to stop, question and apprehend the CSDP folks? I have carried concealed around many police and never been asked anything. Were they displaying the weapons, talking about carrying, drinking and disorderly, what made the Denver police stop them for in the first place?
    My thoughts exactly. Usually when I carry concealed I make sure that it stays concealed, keeps the annonymity factor in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Ashcraft
    Trouble is, there are way too few Coloradans left in Denver. They are all transplants from California who brought their left wing ideas with them.
    When I sold my house in California (I am a native) to get the hell out of California, I sold it the a couple from Denver, California is 95% transplants. Now in Idaho 5 of my neighbors are natives of California and all own guns. Go figure, My whole family all live in other states now, the only true Californian is the one that doesn't live there, because the liberals screwed it up.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links