So you've done the wally world walk, but have you ever...

This is a discussion on So you've done the wally world walk, but have you ever... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone else ever walked into a K-Mart and asked for pistol ammo? I asked for .45acp. The guy behind the counter looked at me ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So you've done the wally world walk, but have you ever...

So you've done the wally world walk, but have you ever...

Has anyone else ever walked into a K-Mart and asked for pistol ammo?

I asked for .45acp. The guy behind the counter looked at me like I had just raped his wife! Then, with lots of angry attitude, told me that they don't sell any ammo that could be used in any handgun.

The tone of his voice made it clear that he and the store must believe that anyone with a handgun is a criminal looking for trouble. I wanted to physically hurt the dummy.

2. Remove Ads

All the K Marts around here have closed, I wonder why.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Administrator
    No, I havent done that. There is one of their dumps somewhat close to me still, I'll have to go try it just for kicks.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I can't remember the last time I was in a K-Mart......maybe when I was about 10 years old maybe. Not since Walmart opened in the town next to the one I grew up in.

I'll have to try that some time. I think there's a K-Mart some where around here. Probably a real dump though as SIXTO said.

I gave up on ever shopping there again when they hired that pig Rosie O'Donnel as a spokes pig.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Negative Attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Vipertwo View Post
    Has anyone else ever walked into a K-Mart and asked for pistol ammo?

I asked for .45acp. The guy behind the counter looked at me like I had just raped his wife! Then, with lots of angry attitude, told me that they don't sell any ammo that could be used in any handgun.

The tone of his voice made it clear that he and the store must believe that anyone with a handgun is a criminal looking for trouble. I wanted to physically hurt the dummy.
    It sounds as if this employee has a negative attitude towards firearms & ammunition in general. It could be that he had a bad experience in his past involving a firearm of some kind. But this begs the question, why was he working in that department? At times I wonder about some people's attitude toward firearms.

I used to work with someone who HATED firearms. She was "gun control" to the max! When I mentioned that I had a collection of handguns & rifles I got the same look from her. She never looked at me the same after that incident. She considered those "killing things" unnecessary in a society where we had law enforcement agencies to deal with the criminal element.

Thankfully she changed jobs and I never saw her again!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

VIP Member
    I haven't been in a K-Mart in years... if I had even thought of going in one, I think I just lost any interest in doing so!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The last time I was in Kmart it looked like a thrift store honestly.. it was almost sad, they didn't even have a sporting goods area.

You should try going into target.. heh a few weeks back when I was in there I walked back to what they call a sporting goods area and asked the guy working if they had any knives after I looked around a bit and couldn't find anything.. I'm not sure if he was stoned or truly horrified.. he looked at me like I was some sort of insane kid with 3 eyes getting ready to go on a stabbing and eating babies rampage...

K-mart stopped selling handgun ammo after Micheal Moore pullled his stunt for his "Bowling for Columbine" Movie.

Michael Moore makes me go...
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

I gave up on ever shopping there again when they hired that pig Rosie O'Donnel as a spokes pig.
    Yup!! That pig would make a freight train take a dirt road!!
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

There's one still near me but the Wal-Mart has nearly driven it in the ground. Its a really good place to find some stuff on clearance though if you have time to look. They get stuff in at christmas that every body is looking for but nobody goes there to shop so they always have it when you go in to buy it. But their sporting goods dept is almost nill. They quit selling guns altogether sometime back.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rmxer85 View Post
    K-mart stopped selling handgun ammo after Micheal Moore pullled his stunt for his "Bowling for Columbine" Movie.

Michael Moore makes me go...
    What stunt?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Target>K-mart>Wal-Mart

they all pretty much suck in my opinion though

Target has the better electronics
    K-Mart the better automotive
    Wal-Mart actually has some ammo (but can get the same stuff at Scheels or a sporting goods store )

I haven't been to Kmart since they became "Sears Essentials" in my area... which means a K-mart with a tool section.

I did however buy 2 backpacks there about 10 years ago and found a derringer pistol in one and some cocaine. Back then I was a little sheepish with the guns so I turned it in and the cocaine in to the lovely LEO who was sitting right outside. He tried to say it was mine and to make me confess. I told him to search for prints and it would prove it.
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

What is the Wally World walk?

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post

Why would ever insult a pig like this.........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links