Bank Employees Does your company have a carry or weapons policy? - Page 2

Bank Employees Does your company have a carry or weapons policy?

This is a discussion on Bank Employees Does your company have a carry or weapons policy? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a CCP from NC. Places forbidden to carry are federal and state buildings, financial institutions, banks, schools and establishments that serve alcohol. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bank Employees Does your company have a carry or weapons policy?

Lightbulb Banks and general carry

I have a CCP from NC.

Places forbidden to carry are federal and state buildings, financial institutions, banks, schools and establishments that serve alcohol.

I do a good bit of travel for work and check out the states I am going to be in and traveling through before I go. Most have the same restrictions.

The recent 10 Circuit Court ruling may have some effect on company parking lots but inside a prohibited building or building where to owner doesn’t want it is a felony.

I guess a couple of things are good in OK about bring weapons to work. If they are not allowed the employer can not keep from storing them in your locked vehicle in the parking lot. Also any employer can not ask if you own a gun. Not carry, but own!!!

I was at my bank today (monday paydays) I disarmed only the first payday after ccw permit. I have carried every time after that. IWB with a lose shirt is even deep enough for my bank. and there is no law agenst it. I was asked at one time to remove my sunglasses. that is because they were robed by a guy in clear glasses and a baseball cap 3 days prior. single guy, single teller with a note.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Who knows why, but I suspect that the managers do not want the bank employees getting into a shootout with robbers. It may be a good policy as employees and customers might be shot in the crossfire.

There may be instances to the contrary, but I have not heard of bank robbers going into a bank and shooting it up.

Regards,
    Jerry
    Actually it is a lousy policy. How can we sit and say it's wrong for Pizza Hut, Radio Shack, Universities and other businesses to forbid employees and customers to carry, then turn around and say it would be OK for a bank to not let employee's carry.

Should the bank employee who has to walk 2 blocks from where they park have to be put at risk of being unarmed? If they have gone through the process to obtain a carry permit their rights should not be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Actually it is a lousy policy. How can we sit and say it's wrong for Pizza Hut, Radio Shack, Universities and other businesses to forbid employees and customers to carry, then turn around and say it would be OK for a bank to not let employee's carry.

Should the bank employee who has to walk 2 blocks from where they park have to be put at risk of being unarmed? If they have gone through the process to obtain a carry permit their rights should not be denied.
    Amerika the great! With all the restrictions placed on us it's hard to believe that we even have individual rights sometimes.
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the warrior different from the wolf.
    -Dave Grossman

HKR
    My wife worked at a bank several years ago and they have a a simple no weapons policy for employees. Simple as in they put a single sentence in the handbook that ended with the phrase "....may be subject to termination."

They never asked anything about firearms and they don't have an issue with customers OCing.

As a side note I've noticed recently that it's simply amazing the amount of new CCW'ers that believe it's a federal law that they can't carry in banks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links