First time carrying

This is a discussion on First time carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So a few days ago me and my sister finally got our permits in the mail. Took 4 weeks after paperwork and fingerprints, i have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time carrying

First time carrying

So a few days ago me and my sister finally got our permits in the mail. Took 4 weeks after paperwork and fingerprints, i have been carrying everyday since. It was actually weird the first few times walking into a store or when i went to the movies with friends. Im constantly worrying about people seeing it or watching out for signs while walking into places. I feel like i stop outside the door and start looking around for one and my friends just look confused. Does it get better looking for these things? All together its been great and im so glad my sister has a gun because she goes to school in a very bad area. I never thought i could get comfortable carrying a loaded .45 on me, but wow it def becomes natural feeling. Now i just gotta find a better holster

*oh and where can you go to get these laminated?

2. Remove Ads

you can go to any wal mart and they'll laminate your permit.
    "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Congratulations

VIP Member
    Congratulations!

It won't take too long before you start relaxing and it won't feel so strange to you anymore!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    One of the benefits of conceal carry is the heightened sense of self awareness that comes along with it.
    I'm still waiting on my CPL, but I do wear my holster everyday, to break-in the leather and to get used to keeping it under cover. My S/A is even better than it was before. I notice other people a lot more too and sometimes wonder if other people are carrying based on clothing, movements, and body position.
    I've tested my holster with most of the clothing I wear on a daily basis and only one shirt has been a problem.
    I've always watched like you do, just part of my normal self awareness habits I had for years, entering or exiting a building or vehicle I always take a look, but I find I'm "seeing" even more.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    I got mine done at Staples.

You must be pretty cute, if folks are paying all that much attention to you all the time, such that they'd notice whether or not there's a bulge where there oughtn't be.

You got yours in the mail??? What county are you in? I've only heard of people having to show up at the clerk's office to pick them up in person. And even though I practice law in that court, and the folks all know me, they checked my driver's license against the permit to make sure it was really me before they'd hand me the permit.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

You'll get used to carrying, a time will come when if you're not armed, you'll feel weird and uncomfortable.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Congrats, and welcome to a newer sense of security!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

My circuit court laminated mine....for free!

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    You'll get used to it and your "scan" for posted signs will become faster and less noticeable. Once you know what the sign looks like you'll scan really quickly for it in the parking lot so that you know before leaving the car!

Congrats on the permit!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I got mine in the mail (hampton roads) though they've since stopped doing that.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Congrats and be safe!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Congrats on the permit...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Congrats!! Never leave home without it. The feeling of added security is unlike any other.

VIP Member
    You will get used to carrying, soon you'll feel undressed without it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links