Excellent way to end the week !

This is a discussion on Excellent way to end the week ! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this sounds old hat. Yesterday Florida CWL arrived at last after the FULL 90 day wait. Today some range time with the the ...

Thread: Excellent way to end the week !

Excellent way to end the week !

I know this sounds old hat. Yesterday Florida CWL arrived at last after the FULL 90 day wait.

Today some range time with the the Tangelio Compact .40 cal for the first time. At the range, I happened to meet a professional Tactical trainer / NRA instructor looking to boost training availability in this county. Nice guy who gave me a few freebie tips and a critique. I was admittedly a bit edgy on the first 20 rounds out of the piece having not fired a semi-auto since my USCG days way back when. He fired some rounds out of my gun at a silhohette target set at 25 ft....naturally, waaay better than I had. Told me "The gun is fine...works very well." My mission today was soley to experience noise, recoil. muzzel flash and brain embed saftey features BEFORE I CC'd out in the world. Marksmanship will follow with some help.

Right after exiting the range I shifted to CC mode in the parking lot and did a quickie grocery store trip just to see how that felt. (IWB Bianchi).. Felt fine. Avoided tugging at shirt tail and just did shopping as normal. Not Wally world, but did buy taco shells.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Congratulations on getting your permit. And it was nice to get that little bit of training. You may want more. Best of luck.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Congrats, it's good to get your gun fired by someone who knows what they are doing, that way you know that the problems belong to you and not the gun.

Way to go!
    "We have met the enemy, and it is us." Pogo Possum

Welcome to the world of FL CCW! You get better, no worries. Congrats from a long time "Boat Bum" just a wee bit north of ya.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Get more training, always carry and stay safe. Congrats, welcome to the packing club!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

That's great! Congrats! Keep learning, and be safe!
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Quote Originally Posted by flaboatbum View Post
    Right after exiting the range I shifted to CC mode in the parking lot and did a quickie grocery store trip just to see how that felt. (IWB Bianchi).. Felt fine. Avoided tugging at shirt tail and just did shopping as normal. Not Wally world, but did buy taco shells.
    Sorry, no go. Wally World or your CWFL is revoked. We have our standards.

+1 on the rest.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Congrats on the permit.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Congratulations!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Congrats! Be safe and watch your six!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Congrats on receiving your permit My two words of advice (for what they're worth) .... Practice & Training (you can never get enough of either one)
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

congrats.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Links