What about your Other half?

This is a discussion on What about your Other half? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife is a semi-gun buff, currently has 3 of her own and shoots any and all of mine. I have pics of her shootin' ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What about your Other half?

OD*
    My wife is a semi-gun buff, currently has 3 of her own and shoots any and all of mine. I have pics of her shootin' a friends .454 Casull, his .500 Linebaugh and my '86 Brownchester with stout loads.

Think I'll keep 'er
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

2. Remove Ads

Aus
    shares some interest and shoots when we go out.

Mine doesn't care either way. She doesn't mind guns at all though and will go shoot with me on occasion.
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

She Hates guns and will not even touch one.

Did I mention she is also my EX and two states away. LOL!!!!!!!

Mine is a 3. Has CPL. Has her own SA 1911, Remington 700 in .260, Ruger 10/22 and I got her a Smith 642 for Christmas for a carry gun. Has not carried much yet but is waiting on her carry rig to get here. She is really itching for her new leather.
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    My wife, shoots very well, not a "gun nut", but she has decided that she wants to get her license. She is going to get her own pistol when the tax money arrives in a couple weeks.
    Curry

Well, my GF doesn't like guns, period. Last night while watching the Superbowl, she complained about "something hard and cold" that was poking her in the ribs. She didn't think I needed to be armed while watching the game.

I moved the pistol to the appendix carry option.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

i am not dumb enough to be married or have a girlfreind i just have freinds with benefits.

My wife shares some interest, shoots a gun on her terms, but says if she carried, she'd just shoot some dumb sob for being dumb, so leaves it up to me, Thank God. Is a damn good shot with a rifle though.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

My girlfriend is Ukrainian, so she doesn't carry or own a gun. She knows that I do, and she's looking forward to learning when I bring her here.

My wife has a license and carries all the time. She likes guns and has picked out a few for herself, though she's not as much a nut as I am. She enjoys shooting a lot - all her handguns are revolvers, as she has problems with her hands and can't operate the slide on a lot of semi-autos. Her rifle is a Remington Model 7 in 308. It was my rifle until she shot it..............

My wife tolerates but has little interest in guns. She's alright with going to the range every so often though.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

My wife started out barely tolerant (why do you need to carry a gun with you?!), but has become more accepting as time goes by. She has slowly developed an interest although no trip to the range yet. I have helped things along by commmenting whenever we see a news story about someone getting hurt or killed- "you know hon, if only that person had had a way to defend themselves things might have been different." So the other day she said "maybe I should consider getting a gun."

I'm definitely not going to rush it, carrying is a huge responsibility that no one should get pressured into. If she wants to carry fine, if not I hope she's with me if there's trouble. I do remind her all the time to be aware of her surroundings and who's getting close, that's half the battle right there.
    When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.......LUKE 11:21 NIV

my wife has a license and carries all the time. sometimes she even carries my guns. i guess she's a full blown 4 on your scale. we got matching coach guns(12 ga. me 20 ga. her) for each other x-mas '05 and matching g26's a couple of month's ago. her other guns are the same caliber as mine except she has them in stainless. she calls it "the shiny factor."

I'll put up a 3 for my wife. She carries all the time, shoots with, and genberally is interested in guns and defense. Not as much as myself, but enough that it makes things interesting and fun.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links