Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first! - Page 3

Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first!

This is a discussion on Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Maybejim I'd say you run in a totally different crowd than I ever have. Not quite, Jim. 35 y/o white guy and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57

Thread: Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first!

  1. #31
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybejim View Post
    I'd say you run in a totally different crowd than I ever have.
    Not quite, Jim. 35 y/o white guy and military officer. My "crowd" is about as conservative as they come, as am I.

    Do you not pay attention to what's going on with the yoots in popular culture these days?


  2. #32
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    Treat people with respect and you get respect back,all race, all kinds.

    Act like a RICHARD and thats what you get.
    Completely agree. And, yes, we did get ripped off on the 500 today. And I do mean "WE," as in ALL Americans! I mean, how un-American are you if you don't like NASCAR??

  3. #33
    Ex Member Array itowbigtruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florissant (St Louis area) MO
    Posts
    100
    To summarize my earlier thoughts, If we determine who has a right to the 2nd amendment based on their interpretation of the 1st amendment, then we can call ourselves anti-American.

    So many that have commented that he must be a thug or a gang member are willing to say he is guilty of a crime without any proof based soley on someones description? Ever heard of presumed innocent until proven guilty?

    I will agree that a smart citizen will constantly assess his situation, which includes profiling, but keeping an extra eye on someone is not the same as refusing service simply because you don't like their clothing.

  4. #34
    Member Array Leopard125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    Completely agree. And, yes, we did get ripped off on the 500 today. And I do mean "WE," as in ALL Americans! I mean, how un-American are you if you don't like NASCAR??

    Sorry Holger,
    It's the only form of racing I can't stand, and I mean only.

  5. #35
    Member Array Leopard125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by itowbigtruck View Post
    To summarize

    I will agree that a smart citizen will constantly assess his situation, which includes profiling, but keeping an extra eye on someone is not the same as refusing service simply because you don't like their clothing.
    Store Owners option
    can only assume that the profile of that man is not the largest part of his customer base

  6. #36
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    Sorry Holger,
    It's the only form of racing I can't stand, and I mean only.
    That's okay...we often hate that which we don't understand.

  7. #37
    Member Array Maybejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    Not quite, Jim. 35 y/o white guy and military officer. My "crowd" is about as conservative as they come, as am I.

    Do you not pay attention to what's going on with the yoots in popular culture these days?
    I guess the yoots you know and the yoots I know are different. I know some gang wantabe's but I wouldn't trust them.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears!

  8. #38
    Member Array Leopard125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    That's okay...we often hate that which we don't understand.
    Agreed: GRITS what the hell?? is that

  9. #39
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybejim View Post
    I guess the yoots you know and the yoots I know are different. I know some gang wantabe's but I wouldn't trust them.
    Again, you don't have to 'know' any youths to know what's going with popular culture among youngsters. Ask any cop and they'll likely say the same thing. If you have kids, you'd better know what's going on whether your kid is involved or not. That includes the fashion o' the day.

    I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by attempting to paint me as "out there." Again, I run in pretty conservative circles.

  10. #40
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    Agreed: GRITS what the hell?? is that
    I hate grits, too. SEE?? Busting stereotypes already!

  11. #41
    Member Array Maybejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    Again, you don't have to 'know' any youths to know what's going with popular culture among youngsters. Ask any cop and they'll likely say the same thing. If you have kids, you'd better know what's going on whether your kid is involved or not. That includes the fashion o' the day.

    I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by attempting to paint me as "out there." Again, I run in pretty conservative circles.

    What I'm trying to say in an obscure way is that I don't believe the trustworthy decent kids today have the tats and dress of the gangmembers. I think there are a bunch of wantabe's who might. I think they are at severe risk, one because they seem to idolize gangbangers and two because their parents let them or don't know what's going on. Though in this case, it didn't seem to me that this guy was describing some teenager wantabe but that's probably my bias.

    If I run across someone acting/looking like a gangbanger, my radar is going up and I'm not going to be real comfortable while they are around, particularly if like in this case they appear to be carrying.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears!

  12. #42
    Ex Member Array itowbigtruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florissant (St Louis area) MO
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    Store Owners option
    can only assume that the profile of that man is not the largest part of his customer base
    Where I come from, we call that discrimination.

    We are all Prejudice, I am probably more prejudice than alot of people. However, I would never refuse someone elses rights based on my prejudice.

  13. #43
    Member Array Leopard125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by itowbigtruck View Post
    Where I come from, we call that discrimination.

    We are all Prejudice, I am probably more prejudice than alot of people. However, I would never refuse someone elses rights based on my prejudice.
    I think you are confused as to what his rights are.

    He may be a nice young man that can purchase a firearm in this country(and that is a great right)..

    You can be refused service any where any time,
    Beside the fact he broke the stores rule

  14. #44
    Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    I hate grits, too. SEE?? Busting stereotypes already!
    GRITS= Girls Raised In The South.
    Wassa matta with that???
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

  15. #45
    Member Array Leopard125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    204
    rugergirl,

    Are you the kind with smooth butter and cream on top?

    Cause I've seen that before and man those look good

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Made or Home Made?
    By AZ Husker in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM
  2. Almost made in a suit store.
    By TerryD in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
  3. I got made
    By skippythenurse in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: December 6th, 2007, 10:23 PM
  4. I think I got made at the hardware store, and they called the cops on me!
    By fishmaycraft in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: July 6th, 2007, 11:21 AM
  5. Made In USA only?
    By Pete in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: June 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Search tags for this page

charlotte gun stores

,

gun shop door sign about baggy pants

,

wow gun shop

Click on a term to search for related topics.