Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first!

This is a discussion on Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Leopard125 I think you are confused as to what his rights are. He may be a nice young man that can purchase ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first!

  1. #46
    Ex Member Array itowbigtruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florissant (St Louis area) MO
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    I think you are confused as to what his rights are.

    He may be a nice young man that can purchase a firearm in this country(and that is a great right)..

    You can be refused service any where any time,
    Beside the fact he broke the stores rule
    You are absolutely correct, he does not have a right to be served in that store. However, the reasons for refusal of service can constitute illegal discrimination.

    We do not know that he violated store rules. OP stated he saw the print, never saw the firearm. But assume he did see the firearm, we don't know it was loaded. As regulars here, we will assume it is loaded because we wouldn't carry otherwise. But, has been pointed out by many here, based soley on appearance, he may not have been smart enough to carry loaded.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    rugergirl,

    Are you the kind with smooth butter and cream on top?

    Cause I've seen that before and man those look good
    Not really I'm more the grainy gritty type, and not raised in the south, but those that I know that were raised there are some great women. My MIL comes to mind
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

  4. #48
    Member Array Leopard125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    204
    Still don't think this is discrimnatory.

    Shop owner might want to cater to a type of customer (ie. LE hunters, target shooters, defensive).

    I think discrim laws have a place, but not really in this case.

  5. #49
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybejim View Post
    What I'm trying to say in an obscure way is that I don't believe the trustworthy decent kids today have the tats and dress of the gangmembers. I think there are a bunch of wantabe's who might. I think they are at severe risk, one because they seem to idolize gangbangers and two because their parents let them or don't know what's going on. Though in this case, it didn't seem to me that this guy was describing some teenager wantabe but that's probably my bias.

    If I run across someone acting/looking like a gangbanger, my radar is going up and I'm not going to be real comfortable while they are around, particularly if like in this case they appear to be carrying.
    I don't disagree with alot of what you're saying. However, maybe you need to take a new objective look at 'the kids' today. LOTS of them have tattoos (I have a couple myself), and if you take a look at many of our young GIs (whom most all of us think highly of and support) they are covered in tats. They also wear baggy jeans, straight brimmed hats, and baggy t-shirts. They also come in all colors.

    I'm NOT saying you shouldn't be aware of your surroundings and I'm not saying you shouldn't be a little extra on edge around people you don't feel comfortable around. That's your decision, and I'll never say it's a bad one. I'm not immune to stereotypes and prejudice and, living in Richmond, VA, my 'guard' goes up while carrying in several parts of my city. Interpret that as you will.

    I'm simply trying to point out that we, as pro-2A citizens, cannot and should not try to say certain types of people can or cannot keep and bear arms.

  6. #50
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    Still don't think this is discrimnatory.

    Shop owner might want to cater to a type of customer (ie. LE hunters, target shooters, defensive).

    I think discrim laws have a place, but not really in this case.
    I don't think it was discriminatory, either, in a legal sense. Private business owners should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason. In fact, we should all pretty much be able to do whatever the hell we want on our own property as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Too bad there is a resurgent assault on freedom throughout the globe these days.

  7. #51
    Member Array Maybejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    81
    I'm simply trying to point out that we, as pro-2A citizens, cannot and should not try to say certain types of people can or cannot keep and bear arms.
    I guess I missed the post but I didn't see anyone say he couldn't keep and bear arms. In Kalifornia, a guy as described is almost certain to be a gangbanger because almost no one has a carry permit.

    As far as the tats go, it is a matter of what kind of tats they are. Matched with the dress and the apparent carrying, I would be highly distrustful. Of course he just may have been one of the local DEA agents.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears!

  8. #52
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    GRITS= Girls Raised In The South.
    Wassa matta with that???
    Nada! Having lived all over this great country of ours, I can, without a doubt, say southern girls are by far the best our Nation has to offer!

  9. #53
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybejim View Post
    I guess I missed the post but I didn't see anyone say he couldn't keep and bear arms. In Kalifornia, a guy as described is almost certain to be a gangbanger because almost no one has a carry permit.

    As far as the tats go, it is a matter of what kind of tats they are. Matched with the dress and the apparent carrying, I would be highly distrustful. Of course he just may have been one of the local DEA agents.
    Okay, Jim. I guess you did miss the original post. Gangbangers don't tend to go to gun shops to buy guns.

    Maybe we should both take your signature line to heart. I have a feeling we are very much alike, but clearly we are not hearing each other.

  10. #54
    Member Array Maybejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    81
    I must be having a comprehension problem. I reread the first post and didn't see anything about forbidding the guy from keeping and bearing arms except in a store that posted no loaded guns sign. I guess the case could be made that the guy was carrying an unloaded gun concealed but printing but as someone said, those of us here don't consider that as a reasonable conclusion.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears!

  11. #55
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,068
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    I am awating my CHP, and this was the first time I noticed someone trying to conceal. Granted, it was a cake-walk given the guy in question...
    That's a good one! Trying to conceal!!!

    That clown was no more trying to conceal than he was trying NOT to dress like a gangsta! He wanted everyone to know he had a piece. It gives him "street cred".

    Still, good job being one of the only ones in a gun shop to pick out the idiot. But, to be fair, in this case, it was a bit like picking out an elephant in a herd of sheep.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  12. #56
    Member Array Holger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybejim View Post
    .... those of us here don't consider that as a reasonable conclusion.
    Again with the "you're on the outs" language. It's a clever tactic, but silly. You didn't read all the posts on here saying "yay! keep the obvious gangbanger out of the store?"

    My first post on here was in agreement with someone highlighting the obvious hypocrisy of pro-2A citizens roundly stating someone shouldn't be carrying at all based on their appearance. Perhaps me and that poster misread, but I don't think that's the case.

  13. #57
    Member Array Maybejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    81
    Again with the "you're on the outs" language. It's a clever tactic, but silly.
    Oh dear! I am sorry I got crosswise with you but you now seem to want to look for a way to be insulted. I was using the language that someone else used, I think it was in this thread though I could be mistaken as I am reading multiple threads on 5 different gun forums at the present time. I do not try to slip insults into my posts. If I am going to insult (and I usually try not to), it will be very clearly an insult.

    I didn't see anything in the original post about keeping someone out of a gun store based on their appearance. I saw a gun shop owner that may have discouraged someone from entering , carrying. I didn't jump to the conclusion that he was trying to discriminate based on appearance.

    My comment was if I saw what appeared to be a gang banger who appeared to be carrying, my radar would be up and I would be watching.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Made or Home Made?
    By AZ Husker in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM
  2. Almost made in a suit store.
    By TerryD in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
  3. I got made
    By skippythenurse in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: December 6th, 2007, 10:23 PM
  4. I think I got made at the hardware store, and they called the cops on me!
    By fishmaycraft in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: July 6th, 2007, 11:21 AM
  5. Made In USA only?
    By Pete in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: June 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Search tags for this page

charlotte gun stores

,

gun shop door sign about baggy pants

,

wow gun shop

Click on a term to search for related topics.