Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first!

This is a discussion on Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the local gun shop in suburban NC to buy a BeltMan belt yesterday. (They were out of my size). The owner is ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first!

Wow - made a guy in a gun store. My first!

I went to the local gun shop in suburban NC to buy a BeltMan belt yesterday. (They were out of my size). The owner is a gruff ex-GI who has a "No Loaded Firearms" sign on the door. They have the same sign on the door at the gunshop/range I use across town.

There are about eight customers walking around looking at guns and gear in the small storefront shop in a strip mall. The owner is writing up a sale for a guy buying a handgun. I notice through the front glass windows a young guy and his squeeze rolling up in a big, black SUV with monster chrome rims and a thumping stereo.

As he alights from his whip, I notice he's wearing the whole urban get-up - HUGE baggy pants, fresh Tims on his feet, and some kind of sports jersey with a hoodie over it. His hat has the ubiquitous New York Yankees logo and a flat brim canted to the side. He has some visible neck tatts.

As he gets to the door and opens it, I immediately look to his right-side hip, and sure enough, he is obviously totin' a Roscoe - and a pretty big one at that. The gun is hanging off something near his pocket, but it's really loose, and you can see the obvious print of a full-size semi-auto as it presses against the jersey and hoodie. As he moves , the darn thing swings around as well. I know the guy has just jumped out of the truck and wasn't taking any time to disarm. I assume the gun must be loaded.

I glance back at the owner at the counter who sees my look. He gives the guy a once-over, then, while still writing up his customer, gives the guy a stern look, moves his head side-to-side while looking at his hip, and the dude goes back outside, gets in his truck, and drives away.

I am awating my CHP, and this was the first time I noticed someone trying to conceal. Granted, it was a cake-walk given the guy in question, but I learned something yesterday. In fact, I think only the owner, me, and the potential customer knew what went down.

What I think is amusing is that if I choose to dress that way, I could conceal an entire armoury under my clothes without anyone noticing. Perhaps this guy wasn't interested in concealing too much. I can't fathom the mindset.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Basically the only thing he lacked was the neon sing saying "I is packing dude!"

May the Lord keep stupid people that stupid so we can see them from afar and avoid them!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

What I think is amusing is that if I choose to dress that way, I could conceal an entire armoury under my clothes without anyone noticing. Perhaps this guy wasn't interested in concealing too much. I can't fathom the mindset.
    I watched Masad Ayoob on TV about a week ago show how easy it is to conceal weapons. He was wearing a windbreaker and cargo pants, and did not obviously appear to be carrying. He proceeded to pull 25 guns out of his clothing!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

VIP Member
    And he missed 2 more guns that he found after the segment was shot.

But back to the idiot in question: Besides allowing everybody to see that he was carrying, I am sure he does not realize that if he were to need the sidearm for defense, the lack of a proper carrying platform may cost him his life while he fumbles trying to locate it.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

It seems to me that the whole point of carrying is to be as anonymous as possible. Not to draw attention to yourself. This guy needs a lot of learnin and common sense. Ego reduction would also be a help for him.
    "We have met the enemy, and it is us." Pogo Possum

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldie View Post
    It seems to me that the whole point of carrying is to be as anonymous as possible. Not to draw attention to yourself. This guy needs a lot of learnin and common sense.
    You're either born with common sense or you're not. He's obviously not a member here.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    And he missed 2 more guns that he found after the segment was shot.

But back to the idiot in question: Besides allowing everybody to see that he was carrying, I am sure he does not realize that if he were to need the sidearm for defense, the lack of a proper carrying platform may cost him his life while he fumbles trying to locate it.
    Unless, of course, he decides to save his adversary a bullet and shoot himself while trying to draw...social darwinism at its best.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    It sounds like it would be pretty hard to miss that one.
    Good SA and his appearance should give a whole bunch of clues to start with.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

A great candidate for a gun donation to the local thug that jacks him for his gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Just curious but where in NC was this? I live in Mt Airy and types like that wouldn't be served here either!! I was at a new gun shop/range in WS awhile back and three obviously gangbangers ( at least they were dressed that way) came into the store and told the lady they needed some ammo. She told them she didn't feel comfortable selling them the ammo and she would not. They got very upset and started to raise their voice when she turned and showed them to 45 on her hip and two more large men, all OCing came out of the back and they decided to leave. They said " we'll just go to WalMart " . The lady explained how they had the right to not sell ammo to anyone they wish. She said the gangs are getting real bad in the city and if she sold them the ammo and found out the next day a innocent child was shot with the same caliber she would feel responsible. I don't see how she is responsible, but am glad they stood up to some of these punks!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I watched Masad Ayoob on TV about a week ago show how easy it is to conceal weapons. He was wearing a windbreaker and cargo pants, and did not obviously appear to be carrying. He proceeded to pull 25 guns out of his clothing!
    Anybody have a link to this video?

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    A great candidate for a gun donation to the local thug that jacks him for his gun
    He probably IS one of the local thugs.........
    Evil triumphs when good men do nothing! Edmond Burke
    Where the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Where the government fears the people, there is liberty! Benjamin Franklin

THIS IS THE PRIMARY REASON WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Just curious but where in NC was this?

This was in the triangle area - yup, we got thugs - and people who emulate them.

Quote Originally Posted by snip View Post
    Anybody have a link to this video?
    How about this one?
    YouTube - Concealed weapons
    870 !
    NRA Member !

That one was a hoot. So, these nanny-state school marms want to outlaw "baggy pants" and make boys (I assume) tuck in their shirts. That'll show 'em! Just try to conceal carry now, you little rascals.

sarcasm/off

I thought they already made it a crime to have a weapon in school. Why not just make all the kids come to school in a Speedo (tm), and duct tape them to their desks. At least that might be more effective.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links