Holsters for all of 'em?

This is a discussion on Holsters for all of 'em? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've noticed that the more I carry, the more likely I am to pick my guns based upon their ability to be carried comfortably. So ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holsters for all of 'em?

Holsters for all of 'em?

I've noticed that the more I carry, the more likely I am to pick my guns based upon their ability to be carried comfortably.

So far I have (4) handguns and own or have on order holsters for (3) of them:

HBE COM3 for: G36 and CBOB
    Brommeland MC5 for: XD9 Service

I was debating ordering a holster for my USPc .40, but then got to thinking whether or not its worth it/and or if everyone is in the same boat as me with purchasing a carry rig for each gun they own.

In case someone is thinking it: I'm not really worried about switching between the guns, as the G36, USPc .40 (LEM), and XD9 are all very similar in operation and all are without external safeties. The CBOB is different, but I am working on my safety sweep and its about as accurate as they come.

Do you have a holster for all the guns you can or do carry?
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Yes, but, sometimes multiple guns fit the same holster.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Right now I own one pistol, and I'm buying another version of the same pistol soon, so yes, but more like one gun for all my holsters...
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.Lee View Post
    Yes I have a holster for each gun I own. Now, given the type of gun it is dictates what type of holster I would choose to order for it. Regardless of whether I carry the gun or not, I'd prefer to have a holster for it and the option to carry it should SHTF.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Yes, but, sometimes multiple guns fit the same holster.
    True. I am thinking about getting a G26 (which should fit the G36 holster) next and obviously wouldn't waste the money on a dedicated/redundant holster for the G26.

Really I was trying to justify getting my USPc a holster as its likely my most accurate.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I have multiple holsters for multiple guns. Each holster is used for a specific purpose.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

VIP Member
    My primary carry guns I have multiple holsters for, depending if I intend to carry IWB or OWB. 2 of my carry guns are the same gun other than caliber so no problem there. I have a couple of guns that are rarely carried and only have 1 style of holster for. I'm getting close to the point I need another safe, just for holsters!

I have a comtac infadel I can carry both my glock21 and 30 in.

JRI
    I have a holster for every gun I carry. In some cases I have more than one holster for each gun.

me
    I have at least 1 for each I can carry. But there is one gun that I want new ones for and my EDC needs a new OWB.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Yep. I have a Blackhawk SERPA, just about the only holster I carry in, for every gun that I normally carry. The Glock 23, my primary carry gun (for now), the Taurus PT-92, my back up carry gun (for now but about to become a safe queen), and just got one for the new XD .40 service that I bought (about to become my primary carry gun, moving the G23 to the role of back up carry gun.)

The only gun I do occasionally carry that I don't have a SERPA for is the Taurus PT-111 but, that's because Blackhawk doesn't make one for it and, I almost always carry the PT-111 in the SmartCarry.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I don't have a holster for every pistol owned, but likely will at some point. Though for pistols I have no intention of carrying, I'll likely go cheap.

For the one's I do carry, I have good quality holsters and in a couple of case's more then one for the same gun.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

I've got leather holsters for the pistols (S&W 640-1, SIG P226, Para C6.45) that I do carry. A couple of nylon holsters for carrying in the glove box.

What's a CBOB?

I have multiple holsters for all except my CVA .50 caliber, pretty sure I will never be carrying it.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Thanks for all of the feedback, guys.

Sounds about like my situation and has me leaning towards another holster for my USPc.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post

What's a CBOB?
    Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander 1911.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links