Not an uncommon scenario - Page 3

Not an uncommon scenario

This is a discussion on Not an uncommon scenario within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SubNine My sister is married, and her husband is a gun owner . He does not carry as his only handgun is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not an uncommon scenario

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    My sister is married, and her husband is a gun owner. He does not carry as his only handgun is a Ruger P345, and that thing is bit heavy for carry. I advised my sister not to carry until she becomes familiar with her gun, and to seek professional training. She just needs to find the time to do it.
    I say talk to him and see if he and your sister can get to the range together. Also would be great if they both can get their CC permit.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Such incidents are becoming more common for robbers and crazies. They prey on decent people like us because they know your momma raised you right and you go to church. People like us naturally want to help others and we're kind."

I'm an Atheist. I do not believe in mythology,superstition,or any Gods. I still want to help others and am naturally kind. It doesn't take going to church for us to be moral, it only takes humanity. Only defectives do not naturally want to help others or be kind.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    He does not carry as his only handgun is a Ruger P345, and that thing is bit heavy for carry.
    Not a reason I'd put my life at risk. Buy a good holster and a great belt and this excuse is worthless... Sure it may not be the MOST comfortable gun to carry, but it can be carried.

And if not, he needs to sell it and buy something he'll carry (or just keep it and buy something he'll carry)... there are plenty of affordable options out there.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Not a reason I'd put my life at risk. Buy a good holster and a great belt and this excuse is worthless... Sure it may not be the MOST comfortable gun to carry, but it can be carried.

And if not, he needs to sell it and buy something he'll carry (or just keep it and buy something he'll carry)... there are plenty of affordable options out there.
    I view carrying a concealed firearm as a personal choice, and its not one I am going to press on my sister or her husband. I care about my sister and would love to see her carry, but would much prefer that she become familiar with her gun first. Not everyone thinks like we do, you can't make someone carry a gun. My sister agrees with me that she should seek training, but finding the time to do it has been proven to be difficult. All I can do is hope nothing bad happens between now and when she has her fourth child.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I'm not saying you can force him to do it. I'm saying that's a poor excuse for not doing it.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Senior Moderator
    I once had a guy open my passenger door and try to get in the car with me, he slammed the door when he saw a ruger security 6 pointed at him.

That was 16 years ago when I was 22, now I lock my car doors and pay more attention to what is going on around me.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

This happens to me all the time (being approached). I can usually spot it coming when they say "excuse me sir". When this happens, I will interrupt and say "Hi, I am glad you stopped, can you spare a few bucks so I can get something to eat?" Their look usually ranges from confused to hurt. Try it sometime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links