Now the real work begins.

Now the real work begins.

This is a discussion on Now the real work begins. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I checked today on the status of my renewal and the wifes initial application. My license doesn't expire for another 2 months, but better safe ...

Thread: Now the real work begins.

Smile Now the real work begins.

I checked today on the status of my renewal and the wifes initial application. My license doesn't expire for another 2 months, but better safe than sorry. Well low and behold, the Texas website said mine had been processed and completed, and apparently is in the mail.

Just for kicks, I figured I would check on the wife's. I thought that since hers was a first time application it would probably take a bit longer. Nope hers has been processed as well, and is in apparrently in the mail as well. They were both mailed in on Dec. 16th. I figure that is pretty good with the holidays and all.

So now the real work begins. I have been trying to get her to wear around the house, and sometimes when we come back to the office at night. In Texas she can legally carry concealed when leaving the house driving, and at the office so I figure this was a good start. If they make it to the house this week I guess a trip to Wally World is in order. I am going to have to search for Miggy's map for a woman's walk through Walmart and print it out for her.

I just hope that I can convince her to carry more than what she thinks she needs to. Wish me luck with getting her to carry every day.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Good luck! I'm just starting to work on my wife. Hopefully your's can be an inspiration.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

VIP Member
    Congrats to your wife, let us know how her WWW goes. And good luck getting her to carry cosistently.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    If they make it to the house this week I guess a trip to Wally World is in order. I am going to have to search for Miggy's map for a woman's walk through Walmart and print it out for her.
    I just received my CCH permit yesterday! Mine arrived before my husband's....he's been kind of grumbling about that! He found the Wally World Walk map and I was going to make one up for women, but if there's already one out there, I'd love to see it! Can you post a link if you come across it? Thanks a bunch!

Found it.

Ok, I found Miggy's post with the women's map for the Walmart Walk.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Congrats to your wife, let us know how her WWW goes. And good luck getting her to carry cosistently.
    +1... wish my wife would carry...
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

I told her I wanted to take the class and get the permit and she said "me too". I bought her a gun which she likes. I bought her a holster for it which she likes. She really doesnt seem to be nearly as interested in carrying as I am but I have a feeling she'll carry.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

congrats and good luck with wife.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

[QUOTE=farronwolf;1031074]Ok, I found Miggy's post with the women's map for the Walmart Walk.

Great! Thanks for finding the map! I'll have to make some modifications, but I think it's doable....no kids, so I'll have to make a few stops by the pet section.

I'm off to do my Wally Walk!

Hope you and the wife enjoy carrying together as much as me and my wife do. We are a team.

Train together, have a plan of action for everything you can come up with and then train some more so when the crap you had no chance of imagining happening happens, you will react in similar fashions. Be an armed team with a shared mission, to each survive and protect yourselves and your kids.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sponsored Links