CCP fees

This is a discussion on CCP fees within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have my CCP from Utah (resident), and I paid 50.00 for the class, and 65.25 for the fees (background check and process fingerprints). I ...

Thread: CCP fees

VIP Member

CCP fees

I have my CCP from Utah (resident), and I paid 50.00 for the class, and 65.25 for the fees (background check and process fingerprints). I am starting to get interested in getting a few non-res. permits, and am wondering how much other states fees are. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Sigmanluke
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Virginia fee for non resident is $100.00. Plus whatever your finger print fees and photo's cost you.

Virginia State Police
    Last edited by archer51; February 18th, 2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Before purchasing any out of state permits, check out the sub-forum Handgunlaw.us. I think Utah has reprocity [sp] with more states than any other permit other than maybe Florida.

VIP Member
    I'm mostly interested in getting non res. permits in states that don't have reciprocity with my Utah permit, such as Oregon, and some on the East coast. Utah's res. permit is good in 34 states, and Florida's res. permit is also good in 34 states, I want states I don't already have.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Oregon, and some on the East coast
    Good luck with Oregon. IIRC they only issue non-resident permits to residents of states that border Oregon. Unless it moved, Utah doesn't border it.

Also - most of the east coast states that don't honor your Utah permit are states that are a ***** to get permits from even as a resident.

In my limited research on the subject it seems as though 34 is about as many states as one can hope to be valid in without establishing residency in the "*****" states.

Also keep in mind that many states treat non-resident out of state permits different than they treat resident out of state permits.

Spend some time HERE with a pen and paper and figure out what will and won't work.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Your Utah permit is one of the most universal. Getting additional non-res permits will probably not make much of a difference.

that being said, WA State is $55.25 and it is quite easy. No training, just fill out paperwork in person and pay your $$$.

PA is about $26.00 and took 6 days. About the same price for NH but take about 8 weeks.
    Download the forms on handgunlaw.us

Here in NC, The basic Concealed Handgun Training Class can cost anywhere from $65.00 to $110. I took the class on Feb. 07, 2009 and paid $95.00. Finished in one day Range time included. I turned in my Concealed Carry Application to the Sherrif's Office on 02/13/09 and Pay another $90.00($10 fingerprint fee). This can get expensive, especially if you do not get approved because the Applic. fee is non-refundable.

Here in Nevada it costs $100.25 for a CFP. The permit is valid for 5 years. It cost $25.00 to add one additional handgun as well.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

In Ohio, a class is required. Mine was $75. I have heard horror stories(my words) of classes costing up to $200 depending where you live in the state.

CHL is $55, but for some odd reason, my county charges $50. This fee could increase if you have not lived in the state for more than 5 years. Certain unfriendly counties go for an FBI background check. More money and more time.

They have 45 days to grant your License, mine took 1 day.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Senior Moderator
    Our permit in Arkansas is 144.25. Good for 5 years and 32 states.
    Classes run anywhere from 50 to 285.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Paid a lump sum sorta thing at the local gun show here in Miami FL, The license is $75.00, The class at the show was 140, includes +/- 2 hour class, range fee(for qualification), background check, digital fingerprinting, Notary signature, photograph, all paper work which is free anyway. I know it can be done a bit cheaper but this is all in one place so I didn't have to drive all over town to get it done. I like that idea, so all told, will be 215 for a seven year license.

In Kentucky the rate generally for the CCDW class is $85 and then $45 with the permit application.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Texas

CHL Class range from 115.00 - 150.00. CHL License 140.00

There is a place just ouside Houston that charges $95.

Links