Wait time for WA CPL

This is a discussion on Wait time for WA CPL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know if I'm just being paranoid. I applied for my WA CPL on the 4th of Feb and still haven't got it. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wait time for WA CPL

Wait time for WA CPL

I don't know if I'm just being paranoid.

I applied for my WA CPL on the 4th of Feb and still haven't got it. I was wondering if there is someone I call to see if its been approved/unapproved.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Thanks
    "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. Remove Ads

don't know wa wait time

AZ took about 66 days on mine last year not sure what they are running now. Do you have a number to call and inquire?

Should be anytime now for you. Usually it takes about 2 weeks depending on how busy your local Police department is.....Good luck.

Best regards,
    Joseph

i dont remember how long mine took 3 years ago, but i know it was right around a month.....i know that i am waiting for my oregon one now, and they had said usual wait time 2 weeks, but theyve had so many aplications, its now 3-4 weeks......im at week three, and checking the mailbox like ralphie looking for his little orphan annie decoder pin

Mine took 3 weeks to arrive, and it was post dated to the 31st day after my application was submitted. King County Sheriffs Office didn't want me to have it a single day early.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Had mine in 10 days through Lake Stevens PD. That was just before the major surge in CPL applications.

They have to issue in 30 days if they can't find a reason not to give it to you. I am sure the volume of applications alone warrants a little patience.

If you lived in another state besides WA, then it can take a little longer, also, depending on how quickly those states reply to the query.

Hang in there, it'll come. Congratulations on your decision to get your CPL.

Y'all are lucky. Texas is running so far behind it can take 60 to 90 days, they claim. And its a shall-issue state. My class was on Jan. 10, my paperwork went in on Jan. 12, and on Feb. 5 I got a letter saying the application had been received and was in processing. They gave me a web site to check that says "Application Processing." I suppose I may see it "Approved" there before it hits my mailbox.

What part of Washington are you in? Have you tried to call the office where you aaplied to see if they can tell you how to find out?

In Snohomish county, we (wife and I) dealt with very friendly professional people. Ours came in just a few reasonable days due to normal processing and mail time.

I was actually very pleasantly surprised at how fair the process was.

If I recall they have 30 days. Where you applied makes a difference obviously those opposed for concealed carry or don't like you for whatever will drag their feet. I would not sweat it
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by coltrane59 View Post
    What part of Washington are you in? Have you tried to call the office where you aaplied to see if they can tell you how to find out?

In Snohomish county, we (wife and I) dealt with very friendly professional people. Ours came in just a few reasonable days due to normal processing and mail time.

I was actually very pleasantly surprised at how fair the process was.

I live in Spokane. I'm might call the place I applied at. They were very nice to me when I came in originally. I'm sure that they'll just tell me to relax but at this moment I just can't wait to get it and get it over with.

I'm also sure you all can relate.
    "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    for residents, 30 days is the legal limit. Spokane PD seems to get them out in 2-3 weeks on average. My new resident permit (60 day max) came in about 4 weeks.

never fear, it will soon be here...

This might be a stupid question. What is the difference between a concealed pistol license and a resident permit?

Dwight D. Eisenhower

I called on my WA CPL yesterday because it had been 28 days. I just called the city police station that took my app. The lady informed me that "they were required to wait 30 days" before issue. I thought it was 30 days max but according to her they would mail it out at 30 days or as close as they can. My 30 days ends on a Saturday so I assume I should get it the next Monday or Tuesday.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patches25 View Post
    This might be a stupid question. What is the difference between a concealed pistol license and a resident permit?
    There really is no "resident permit". We are calling things by confusing names. WA State issues "concealed pistol license" to both residents of WA State and non resents. The permits are identical, the only difference is there is a longer wait time for police to check on the out of State applicants.

Samson1

I called on my WA CPL yesterday because it had been 28 days. I just called the city police station that took my app. The lady informed me that "they were required to wait 30 days" before issue. I thought it was 30 days max but according to her they would mail it out at 30 days or as close as they can. My 30 days ends on a Saturday so I assume I should get it the next Monday or Tuesday.
    read these FAQ:

WA State Licensing: Frequently asked questions - Concealed Pistol License

The law says a maximum of 30 days. Some police departments seem to wait as long as possible. Wait the required 30 days, if you don't receive it, contact the State Attorney General.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post

read these FAQ:

WA State Licensing: Frequently asked questions - Concealed Pistol License

The law says a maximum of 30 days. Some police departments seem to wait as long as possible. Wait the required 30 days, if you don't receive it, contact the State Attorney General.
    They must issue it within 30 days. There's no requirement that you have it by the 30th day. If they put it in the mail on the 30th day they're good.

Not saying I like it, but that's how it goes some places.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.070

(1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person....
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links