Wife popped the question.

This is a discussion on Wife popped the question. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife, who is comfortable with and supportive of my concealed carry and who works in the local dentists office, had a patient in today ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wife popped the question.

Wife popped the question.

My wife, who is comfortable with and supportive of my concealed carry and who works in the local dentists office, had a patient in today who had an intruder in her house while she was there a few days ago, and due to her screams at the time the back door was shattered was left unharmed.

This incident has caused my wife to ask what she needs to do to get a permit. Although supportive of the 2nd amendment, she has shown little interest up to this time.

I am going to try not to press the issue, but I am excited that she is interested in being able to defend herself as I am not here much of the time.

Also, at our advanced ages of 55 and 60 (she is older although she will not admit it) I could "check out" at any time and leave her alone.

I am not going to press the issue, but need your support and advice.

Hope to take her to Calibers to shoot this weekend.
    I'm clinging to my guns and religion.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Congrats. It's always good to see people come to the realization they ultimately, they are responsible for their own personal protection.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I'm 62 and my partner is 70. I'm the one who carries. I have had my permit for about a month. My church here in Knoxville was the one that had two people killed and six wounded by a crazy person with a shotgun on July 27.

Suggest to your wife that she go to corneredcat.com and womenandguns.com for more information from the women's point of view.

I'm a lawyer, and I talked to several women judges/referees in the last month, and many of them just got or are just getting their concealed carry permits. Your wife will be in good company.
    marcclarke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by swordsister View Post
    I'm 62 and my partner is 70. I'm the one who carries. I have had my permit for about a month. My church here in Knoxville was the one that had two people killed and six wounded by a crazy person with a shotgun on July 27.

Suggest to your wife that she go to corneredcat.com and womenandguns.com for more information from the women's point of view.

I'm a lawyer, and I talked to several women judges/referees in the last month, and many of them just got or are just getting their concealed carry permits. Your wife will be in good company.
    Very impresive, keep up the the good work.

I think it is great she has come around. And sorry but I just had to....."Blue, your my boy!"
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Also, at our advanced ages of 55 and 60 (she is older although she will not admit it) I could "check out" at any time and leave her alone.
    I never really consider age that much of an issue. My neighbor is 74 years old and regularly carries her .38 Chiefs Special. The pistol packing granny.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Good news on your wife looking to get a permit! She is not the first person to inquire about arming herself due to a story that was personally shared. It is down right scary to have your home broken into. Going to the range is a good thing. At least your wife will know what to expect if she ever has to defend herself.
    I got my first gun at 60, a 642, and I've been adding to the collect ever since.
    I think that the older we get, the BGs think we are an easy target.

I go to corneredcat.com regularly, will try womenandguns.com as well.

thanks for all the support and comments.

Blue
    I'm clinging to my guns and religion.

Congrats... I always meant to stop in and shoot at Calibers. I frequented the climbing gym next door when i lived in Burlington.

Quote Originally Posted by swordsister View Post

Welcome to the forum!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

"My wife popped the question !"
    That was a great name for your post. I got a kick out of it.
    Definitely encourage her,BG's victimize older people a lot more than younger ones.
    When I took my permit class there was a lady in her 60's taking the class along with her sister and her mother. The mother had 7 girls, all permit holders,their children are also permit holders. The whole family is armed. Woe be unto any BG's trying to rob that family reunion....lol.

Congrats on your wife awaking to the fact that only she can protect herself.

My wife did the same thing recently and carries every day.

Be very supportive and let her choose her carry gun. Go to the range often... we did on Valentines Day
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I resemble those remarks!!

...she is interested in being able to defend herself as I am not here much of the time.
    Due to my job my wife spends a lot of time on her own, and I'm sooooo glad she got her CCW about 3 years ago. She doesn't carry 100% of the time, but any time she goes into the city it's with her. Baby steps.

Also, at our advanced ages of 55 and 60
    At our relatively young ages of 54 (mine) and 60 (hers), we both plan to carry for many, many, many years to come.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Age shouldn't matter at all. It seldom matters to the BG.
    I am 48, hubby just turned 42 and we have taken claaes and are waiting for our CPL.
    The best part is my Dad took the class and applied as well at 70
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

My main advice is don't be pushy. By this I mean let her choose what gun she likes even if it isn't one you like. Have her take an NRA First Steps course, they are very good for beginners. Be there, be supportive, but don't do like many guys and be a know-it-all.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links