Cc @ post office - Page 6

Cc @ post office

This is a discussion on Cc @ post office within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PNUT It's ironic that no guns are allowed,since so many postal employees have "Gone Postal", the Post Office is a dangerous place ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Cc @ post office

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    It's ironic that no guns are allowed,since so many postal employees have "Gone Postal", the Post Office is a dangerous place ! I guess they didn't read the signs.
    PNUT,
    How many cases of Postal Employees going crazy in Post Office space have there been, exactly? Just curious. And when did the last one occur? Again, just curious. Also curious how it compares to other business locations for employee violence. I figure you probably have the stats handy based on your "so many".
    Gonzo
    PS - I avoid the Post Office if at all possible. Mostly because of the long lines and slow counter service. I don't think it is the fault of the individual employees (they are always very friendly and courteous), but there never seem to be enough people working the counter. And I always end up in line behind the idiot mailing 14 insured packages to 12 different states and who has done none of the paperwork in advance!
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Booooooooooooooring...

Get in, buy your stamps, get out...use common sense here!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GreatGonzo,

I'm not going to bother to look it up. You can if you want.
    It's obviously happened enough to have spawned the term "Going Postal".
    I'm not trying to slam postal workers,it was supposed to be funny.....

VIP Member
    It's ironic that no guns are allowed,since so many postal employees have "Gone Postal", the Post Office is a dangerous place ! I guess they didn't read the signs.
    Little know to most folks, Telephone Company Employees do not go "Postal"... they go "Tip Open"! Only the telco folks will get that one!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    GreatGonzo,

I'm not going to bother to look it up. You can if you want.
    It's obviously happened enough to have spawned the term "Going Postal".
    I'm not trying to slam postal workers,it was supposed to be funny.....
    As far as I know, the few incidents that happened took place back in the 1980's and, even then, there were only a couple. I'm not particularly defensive of postal workers, just thought perhaps you were aware of further incidents since the 80's.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Little know to most folks, Telephone Company Employees do not go "Postal"... they go "Tip Open"! Only the telco folks will get that one!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    There were more than a couple, although apparently the post office did whatever was needed to stop it.

Going postal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Going postal is an American English slang term, used as a verb meaning to suddenly become extremely and uncontrollably angry, possibly to the point of violence. The term derives from a series of incidents from 1983 onward in which United States Postal Service (USPS) workers shot and killed managers, fellow workers, and members of the police or general public. Between 1986 and 1997, more than 40 people were killed in at least 20 incidents of workplace rage. Following this series of events, the idiom entered common parlance and has been applied to murders committed by employees in acts of workplace rage, irrespective of the employer; and generally to describe fits of rage, though not necessarily at the level of murder, in or outside the workplace.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Good God, why does this come up so often.

Would you be OK with carrying into the US Capitol? The White House? The HQ of the Post Office? The US Secret Service or FBI Building?

Even though the Post Office you go to is right there in your town and not in Washington DC, it is still a Federal Building! As such, you are not allowed to carry there.

I just do not see why this is such a hard concept for people to understand. It seems so common sense to me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Would you be OK with carrying into the US Capitol? The White House? The HQ of the Post Office? The US Secret Service or FBI Building?
    Yes to all. I can carry in the VA capitol, State Police HQ, so why not?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Good God, why does this come up so often.

Even though the Post Office you go to is right there in your town and not in Washington DC, it is still a Federal Building! As such, you are not allowed to carry there.

I just do not see why this is such a hard concept for people to understand. It seems so common sense to me.
    Why does it being a federal building make it different then a state office building? As paramedic70002 said I can carry in the VA capitol, State Police HQ, so why not?

Our government is by the people, of the people, for the people, not by the elite, of the elite, for the elite.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman836 View Post
    Why does it being a federal building make it different then a state office building? As paramedic70002 said I can carry in the VA capitol, State Police HQ, so why not?

Our government is by the people, of the people, for the people, not by the elite, of the elite, for the elite.
    because thats what federal laws says.....thats why its different

I don't like the law, don't agree with the law, but if people go carrying into prohibited places and get busted its a black mark on the 2A/CCW and ammo for the antis
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links