Cc @ post office

This is a discussion on Cc @ post office within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Friends, Can we CC at post office ? I looked into Texas CHL book and didnt mention about post office. No 30.06 sign(s) at ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cc @ post office

Question Cc @ post office

Hello Friends,

Can we CC at post office ? I looked into Texas CHL book and didnt mention about post office. No 30.06 sign(s) at the post office (enterance) Under Section 46.03 (3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court. Is Post office partly of government office?

2. Remove Ads

jfl

Where is the pop-corn ???

Sorry, couldn't resist; this is the most beaten up dead horse around.

For once I'll say: use the search !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

VIP Member
    really? NO FEDERAL BUILDINGS. I don't mean to flame but read your laws
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    There's been thousands (well, scores for sure) of threads on this subject. I would never carry in the post office, because I interpret the relevant USC (quoted in some of the previous threads) to prohibit it. Others have different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post

Where is the pop-corn ???

Sorry, couldn't resist; this is the most beaten up dead horse around.

For once I'll say: use the search !!!
    Hello Sir, I did try to search it by enter keyword "Post office" and it guide me to nowhere ?

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I just went to advanced search, entered "post office carry", got 200 hits.

Federal law says no carry at the post office.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

1943 - 2009

Concealed Carry in the Post Office

Some say yes, some say no.

As for me, I obey this sign:

You're free to make up your own mind.

As others have said, this is truly a topic.

Please use the function.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I just went to advanced search, entered "post office carry", got 200 hits.
    Thanks, I didnt add "Carry" at the end. Yes your right theres 200 hits. Thanks again.

No carry in Fed Bldgs.

That's why I go about 5 miles out of my way to go to a Post Office Contractor site. It is a store front, leased and operated by a Post Office contractor.
    Also because there are no lines at the contractor location, (35 - 50 minute wait at the main Post Office.)
    Try it, you'll like it.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

If Federal said no carry at post office, I can respect that. Its no problem at all. They should put up 30.06 sign anyway ? What I'm trying to say if they dont put 30.06 signs on the enterance door, it will make me think it's ok to carry ?

IE: Hospital has 30.06 sign (legal sign- meet requirement) some Hospital has 30.06 sign (not legal sign letter block too small) I have heard that people say yes you can carry, no you cant carry.

Basically it is not the "No carry in Federal buildings" CFR citation (law) that gets you on this one. It another CFR (law) that says no carry in Post Office. That's where the basic misunderstanding comes in. People will argue that PO's are not Federal Buildings anymore. But it doesn't matter if they are not. The PO is included in another federal regulation that specifically off limits guns in Post Offices. And that regulation requires them to post it too. The specific citation shows clearly in the previous posted picture of the sign in this thread. It is a entirely different CFR where it is contained from the Federal Buildings regulation.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireAir7215 View Post
    If Federal said no carry at post office, I can respect that. Its no problem at all. They should put up 30.06 sign anyway ? What I'm trying to say if they dont put 30.06 signs on the enterance door, it will make me think it's ok to carry ?

IE: Hospital has 30.06 sign (legal sign- meet requirement) some Hospital has 30.06 sign (not legal sign letter block too small) I have heard that people say yes you can carry, no you cant carry.
    Do the Fed's have to put up signs everywhere warning you can't brew and sell your own beer without a liquor license? There are scores of laws and no signs hanging everywhere to warn you. Ignorance of the law is no excuse in court. Federal law says no guns in federal buildings. Most people would read that to include park service buildings etc....
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    Do the Fed's have to put up signs everywhere warning you can't brew and sell your own beer without a liquor license? There are scores of laws and no signs hanging everywhere to warn you. Ignorance of the law is no excuse in court. Federal law says no guns in federal buildings. Most people would read that to include park service buildings etc....

No sir, I see your points

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    Basically it is not the "No carry in Federal buildings" CFR citation (law) that gets you on this one. It another CFR (law) that says no carry in Post Office. That's where the basic misunderstanding comes in. People will argue that PO's are not Federal Buildings anymore. But it doesn't matter if they are not. The PO is included in another federal regulation that specifically off limits guns in Post Offices. And that regulation requires them to post it too. The specific citation shows clearly in the previous posted picture of the sign in this thread. It is a entirely different CFR where it is contained from the Federal Buildings regulation.
    Is there a website for CFR Laws ? Many thanks

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links