I got it!!

This is a discussion on I got it!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, I finally got my CCWP on Friday! It took around 80 days from the time I took the class until I actually had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got it!!

I got it!!

Hey everyone,
    I finally got my CCWP on Friday! It took around 80 days from the time I took the class until I actually had it in my hands! I took my gun with me (left it in the glove box of course), picked up my license, went back to my car, jumped in, strapped it on, and went to the gun shop to get a Tactical soft case for my AR15 because the hard case it came with won't fit the gun with the Eotech holographic sight and 3x magnifier.Today I went out to breakfast, then Home Depot to return a few things, and then to Wally's. They no longer have the concession are so no nachos(think i'm coming down with something so probably not a good idea anyway!).
    So, I went back to the sporting goods section to see if they had any ammo, and of course not, they've been out for the last 4 weeks that I've been there. So, I just picked up a bore snake and some Hoppe's.
    I then went to check out what Blu-ray movies were in stock and I picked up Body Of Lies (Leonardo Dicaprio, Russel Crowe) and Pride And Glory (Edward Norton, Colin Farrell). Haven't seen either yet so please don't spoil it!
    I was calm and relaxed the whole time I was out and felt natural, wasn't adjusting my jacket or anything. Didn't feel like everyone was watching me. It was a good experience and am so glad that I'm able to carry all of the time now.
    Now my next dilemma is carrying at work. I'm a plumber in new construction and have been with the company for 9 years now, and am almost 100% positive that there is no weapons policy in the company handbook. I'm pretty tight with my supervisor and he is a gun owner/hunter and he is aware that I have my permit but neither of us took the conversation any further. I'm feeling like he and I are on the "unspoken terms of don't ask, don't tell", but not 100% sure.
    I plan to carry anyway while at work, but I have to move around a lot, reaching above my head to do work and such up on a ladder, my jacket is going to ride up, there's no avoiding that. I think I can deal with that in the winter, but in the summer, I guess I will have to go with something smaller for pocket carry in my cargo shorts. Right now I have the Smith & Wesson SW40VE ITW holster as well as a Beretta 92fs OTW holster and a shoulder rig.
    Anyway, sorry for the rant,just excited!

2. Remove Ads

Congrats and welcome to the fold!!!
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Congrats, and good to hear. I'm betting I feel just as good when I finally get mine
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Awesome! Be safe, and practice!
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Thanks, hang in there Rugergirl, it'll be there soon, the waiting does suck though! I just read forums, bought holsters and ammo,went to the range,ordered some reloading equipment etc., to pass the time.
    I actually called Kentucky State Police Monday of last week to make sure they had my correct mailing address, thought for sure it was lost in the mail! But it wasn't, the guy said that there were 7 backround checks and I just got through #6 and it wouldn't be too much longer,and I received my verification from them on Thursday, went to the Sherriff's office on Friday and picked it up.

Congratulations and Welcome from New York.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

congrats and welcome to cc.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Yeahhh!! It's a great feeling, isn't it? Be wise and safe, like I used to advise my soldiers when they got promoted, "hard to get, easy to lose." Congratulations!!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Congrats! Be Safe!
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Congrats
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

VIP Member
    congrats, and welcome
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Congrats on the permit!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Congrats on the permit.

This sounds like a job for SmartCarry!

Gun holsters concealed by SmartCarry concealed holsters

Trust me, when you have your gun in a SmartCarry, you can rest assured that nobody is going to detect you [provided you have a compact gun]. You can read the accolades on the website from people who have carried and wrestled, hiked, walked, etc. while using the holster. It is the answer for anybody worring about carrying at work.

=================
    Yes, members need to view this:
    http://www.infowars.com/you-tube-ale...s-martial-law/

Administrator
    We have a "natural born packer" here. Congrats!
    Welcome into the fold.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the smartcarry sounds like it's a good idea,I'll check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links