Packin' mentioned in a sermon

This is a discussion on Packin' mentioned in a sermon within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just had to post this. Our pastor was preaching today about the commandment "Thou shalt not commit murder!" During the sermon he stated, "Maybe some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packin' mentioned in a sermon

Packin' mentioned in a sermon

Just had to post this. Our pastor was preaching today about the commandment "Thou shalt not commit murder!" During the sermon he stated, "Maybe some of you are packin'...I don't know."

I had to smile. He's knows...as a matter of fact, at his request a few of us concealed carry every Sunday.
    Semper Fi - USMC 1987-1991
    God Squad 1985-Present

SA XD 40s&w Subcompact
    Ruger GP161 357 Magnum

2. Remove Ads

Doing your best to prevent anyone else from committing murder, I'm sure. :)

LOL

I wonder if a request to carry would save you from prosecution for church carry in Georgia? I doubt it. :(

Things that make you go, hmm...

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Glad he is on the high road .
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    By God's grace, Virginia's law says no church carry 'unless you have a good and sufficient reason' - which they did.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvdog View Post
    Just had to post this. Our pastor was preaching today about the commandment "Thou shalt not commit murder!" During the sermon he stated, "Maybe some of you are packin'...I don't know."

I had to smile. He's knows...as a matter of fact, at his request a few of us concealed carry every Sunday.
    And then he went on to say?

Technically, I am a reverend in my faith, though I do not go there much these days. Sadly, the Georgia code does not seem to offer any options around the free crime zones.

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    And then he went on to say?
    Oh...he said "...and even if you were, I am confident that you would not just pull out your gun and randomly start shooting people." Then he went out to describe how we can kill people with our words. It was actually a really good message.
    God Squad 1985-Present

SA XD 40s&w Subcompact
    Ruger GP161 357 Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    By God's grace, Virginia's law says no church carry 'unless you have a good and sufficient reason' - which they did.
    I carry in church everytime, especially after that incident in CO a while ago where a guy entered a church and shot random people and then went to another church to shoot more random people except there was a retired cop at this second church and she shot the guy before he could shoot anyone. This is why I carry all the time.

In PA we can carry in public places even if there are signs saying no firearms. You're only breaking the law if you're discovered and you refuse to leave after the owner asks you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkii View Post
    I carry in church everytime, especially after that incident in CO a while ago where a guy entered a church and shot random people and then went to another church to shoot more random people except there was a retired cop at this second church and she shot the guy before he could shoot anyone. This is why I carry all the time.

In PA we can carry in public places even if there are signs saying no firearms. You're only breaking the law if you're discovered and you refuse to leave after the owner asks you to leave.
    There was a similar incident probably an hour away from us a couple years ago which prompted a conversation between my pastor and I about this very topic.
    God Squad 1985-Present

SA XD 40s&w Subcompact
    Ruger GP161 357 Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkii View Post

Well for accuracy's sake....

She had been fired from her LEO job for lying about something rather mundane. I cannot recall exactly the details. But she was legally carrying and was a volunteer member of the Churches security team.

The bad guy shot two (or was it three) outside the door before she shot him after he got inside and he then turned his gun on himself at that point.

But otherwise your point is well made. Had she not been there with a gun it was going to get really ugly. She saved many lives.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    The powers that be in Georgia have placed churches among the places off limits.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I am a concealed carry instructor. At least 5 men in our church carry each Sunday. There will always be good against evil.

And David told his men to pick up their swords, and he picked his up also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links