Half of my CPL quest is complete!

This is a discussion on Half of my CPL quest is complete! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my CPL class today. 150 bucks well spent. Took the class all day today. Only missed 3 questions on both tests. Only allowed 14 ...

Thread: Half of my CPL quest is complete!

Half of my CPL quest is complete!

Took my CPL class today. 150 bucks well spent. Took the class all day today. Only missed 3 questions on both tests. Only allowed 14 on the first and I think 7 wrong on the second.

Even tho the class went WAY longer then what was told before signing up because of the people that needed WAY too much help. I'm not sure how their pass fail system works. But 1 person really stood out. I'm not sure how many questions he got wrong if any but we shot around 120 rounds. He maybe hit the printer sized paper target 10 times in total.

I don't think he should pass the test or get his CPL. Even if he needed to use his weapon should he get a CPL he would have do more of explaining how he shot 200 rounds off and never hit the guy then why he used deadly force in the first place.

The instructor clearly states in the hand out before you sign up that the class is not a beginners class and should not be taken unless you know how to use and shoot accurately with a pistol.

However I must say the class was fun. The officer that taught the law part answered all questions and made the law part go by fast by not being boring. The range instructor was great as well. I'm looking into taking his Advanced Pistol course in future.
    Well that was just an update on my goal of getting my permit. Now for the paper work and the wait

2. Remove Ads

Your instructor should pass the guy just because these tests are just Gov. intervention in exercising your right to keep and bear arms.

The fellow has a right to protect himself even if he is a bad shot.

Congrats on taking the class.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Normally I wouldn't say anything about the right to bear arms however some of the laws are good laws. I don't want the guy that just robbed a store at gun point be allowed to have a firearm however I believe it was protected under the 2nd amendment rights for him to do so until the government changed the law to excluded violent offenders. You won't fly in a plane if you knew that you had a new pilot that passed his flight school even tho he crashed 10 times during training would you? If you can only shoot a target 10 out of 120 rounds at 15 feet its the same as crashing that plane 10 times. If you let either get their license the possibility for innocent people to get hurt or killed is greater then the guy that didn't miss the target or crash at all. Thats all I'm going to say on the right to bear arms subject because I will still believe that some laws are good and other will believe that its just the governments way of imposing restrictions on who can or can't own, or get their CPL even tho its protected under the 2nd amendment.
    If I were the instructor I would give him credit for the class and suggest he take basic pistol course or get some more range time then come back to get his CPL.

VIP Member
    Hopefully that guy will go shoot a lot while he waits for his permit to come.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Hopefully that guy will go shoot a lot while he waits for his permit to come.
    Exactly people that just sign up for the the class to get their CPL that don't have skills are only doing the class to get their CPL. I highly doubt that afterwords they are going to even go to the range to hone their skills or take another class to better their skills more. All they want is that paper and thats enough for them with no intention of getting better. The next time he will probably shoot his pistol is when he has to take the hour long refresher course at the range to renew in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow662 View Post
    Normally I wouldn't say anything about the right to bear arms however some of the laws are good laws. I don't want the guy that just robbed a store at gun point be allowed to have a firearm however I believe it was protected under the 2nd amendment rights for him to do so until the government changed the law to excluded violent offenders. You won't fly in a plane if you knew that you had a new pilot that passed his flight school even tho he crashed 10 times during training would you? If you can only shoot a target 10 out of 120 rounds at 15 feet its the same as crashing that plane 10 times. If you let either get their license the possibility for innocent people to get hurt or killed is greater then the guy that didn't miss the target or crash at all. Thats all I'm going to say on the right to bear arms subject because I will still believe that some laws are good and other will believe that its just the governments way of imposing restrictions on who can or can't own, or get their CPL even tho its protected under the 2nd amendment.
    If I were the instructor I would give him credit for the class and suggest he take basic pistol course or get some more range time then come back to get his CPL.

You then have to consider though that that is one tough pilot, surviving 10 seperate plane crashes. He probably is one cool cookie under pressure now!

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I experienced the same type of thing when I took my class. Surprised at how many people could not shoot a group. What happens under pressure. In Colorado you do not have to pass a test, just take a class within the last ten years. One guy was shooting so bad the instructor asked if he could shot the guys gun, took one shot and said "it is not the gun."

Practice practice practice!!!

congrats on your class. now-- wait wait wait. best wishes from another MI er.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Links