Oh I wish we could CCW in Wisconsin...... - Page 2

Oh I wish we could CCW in Wisconsin......

This is a discussion on Oh I wish we could CCW in Wisconsin...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I grew up in Wisconsin. After graduating college I came to a realization......... ......they make roads that go south!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh I wish we could CCW in Wisconsin......

I grew up in Wisconsin. After graduating college I came to a realization.........

......they make roads that go south!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Purdue54 View Post
    As I recall, Wisconsin came pretty close to passing CC legislation. I agree with the previous poster, get involved and advocate our individual right to self defense. Of course, I'm FROM south Chicago and did not retire there!! I rarely go back and don't ask if I carry!
    Actually it has passed, at least one time that I know of, however the Governor vetoed it.

I'm thinking the time is ripe for another attempt in the Wisconsin legislature. Economic uncertainty + growing crime rates get people thinking about the importance of self-defense. The situation South of the border will likely raise awareness even more. Keep up hope and get involved. Even the last two states will come along eventually.

PC

Sounds like you're the last one. Illinois is on the way. Watch out for those marauding Canadians, eh?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    We may all feel your pain someday.... Hopefully not...
    I for one don't consider 48 states "carry states". If it makes you feel any better,I believe there are 9 states that are "may issue". Good luck getting a permit in those states.
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

Governor "We don't need this stinkin Governor"

Funny thing about it was that there were a few leglislators who drafted the bill for Wisconsin CCW and it would have passed if the Governor wouldn't have threatened the political careers of the individuals who drafted and supported the bill. We all know this, due to the individual changing his vote from Yes to NO upon the final vote. We thought it was wierd when the individual who drafted the bill changed his vote to NO, go figure. Pressure, what pressure
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

a place to start

Yeah, regrettably I am stuck here in Wisconsin....would love to leave though! But can't :-(

It has actually attempted to past 2x - cc - but our wonderful governor has vetoed it....

I completely agree that as one member said earlier - Wisconsin probably has the highest number of guns per residents...but for some reason - the state is so anti - cc..

Long guns here are dime a dozen - and practically no laws against them, buying them, etc. And no wait period. But hand guns - heck, we may as well be part of Canada!

Maybe with a new governor in 2010 ???

I haven't heard the latest with the guy who was arrested in Wisconsin for O.C. in his back yard - and police were called. It was in court last week - but haven't heard anything since.

I have been told that CC is not a felony here - just a misdemeanor....but needless to say, still don't want to go down that route....

Ooops - update on above.

Just read - the guy who was carrying open (in his backyard mind you) was found NOT Guilty - wo ho!

Before I had my CCW in Mass I had a guy tell me to cary a hatchet on my belt in a sheath. Machete, illegal in Boston (unless on the way to a job), Large knives illegal in Boston. Open carry illegal in Boston but a nice hatchet hanging off your belt, Legal and priceless.

Who the hell is going to mess with a guy with a small ax hanging off his belt. I carry and that would be a sign to stay the hell away from that guy.

I think the person that told me that was kidding but Im still not sure.

My wife is from Racine, WI and when we visit her relatives, I have to stop on I-65 before I get into Illinois, and lock up my gun(s) in the car trunk. I'm glad to live in Virginia.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

While I don't know your skills or the skills/speed you could achieve if you practiced and were able to CCW, in my experience if a guy is close enough to ask for some change he's too close for you to pull on him if he decides he want the buck even though you said no. Nothing personal against you or your skils, just saying if someone is moving twards you at more than a walk from 20 ft, he'll probably be on you before you have your pistol out.

Harv

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttin Edge View Post
    Don't live in the best area - but had to fill up with gas. 10pm at night. While station is on a pretty major street - and station is manned - you still get people around...

While there - of course, get the guy who "only needs 30 cents to catch the bus".

Of course tell the guy no, and hope he walks away. But, how nice of a extra feeling would it be (oh, ok, you in the other 48 states know that feeling!!!) if you had something on your waist... Especially if the guy keeps walking towards you....

OK, yeah, I am sure that the guy in the gas station would call the police 15 minutes after he realized that something happened to you.....but that's a bit too late...

You need to pack your stuff, drive right on through Iowa and come to Missouri! We'll take ya!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Hoepfully a new governor then start pessuring your legislators. It is possible Ohio got it done.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I haven't heard the latest with the guy who was arrested in Wisconsin for O.C. in his back yard - and police were called. It was in court last week - but haven't heard anything since.

He won!
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Cut Madison out, and WI is a pretty good state.
    Boy is that an understatement!!! But don't count out Milwaukee County. If it wasn't for those 2 we would have had CCW by now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links