How discreet are you about CC?

This is a discussion on How discreet are you about CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are you the kind of CCer that makes it a point that your gun can't be seen no matter what (i.e. deep conceal), or are ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How discreet are you about CC?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

How discreet are you about CC?

Are you the kind of CCer that makes it a point that your gun can't be seen no matter what (i.e. deep conceal), or are you the kind of CCer that thinks "If it prints, it prints, oh well"?

I've known CCers to do both. Personally, I don't care if the holster shows out of the bottom of my jacket, or if it prints through my shirt. This is when I do CC.

How about you guys?

2. Remove Ads

same here ' I guess in an OC state like ours it don't much matter. Acually I have come across some new friends when they find out I carry......
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

While working I make sure that it is unnoticeable. Other times when carrying OWB I try to keep it hidden, but I don't worry too much about printing. I'm in an open carry state, so it's not that big of a deal.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Depends on where I am. Like you I'm in an OC state so it doesn't matter much but I'm on the Florida line and when in Tallahassee I'm a little more careful. Regardless I keep my CC status to myself when I can, my wife doesn't even know most of the time.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

In Texas, not an OC state (yet), I take great care in not printing. Sure I've done things that have exposed or printed accidentally but I quickly take care of that exposure. Last thing I need is some histerical mamby pamby causing a scene, or a BG noticing something I don't want them to know about.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

I try my hardest to conceal without printing, but as said previously it is probably different in an OC state (which TX is not). I'd rather be the only one that knows...

Er, I guess ditto to NativH... :)
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

Noticing a print does not equal detection. MI is an OC state, but there are plenty of places I'm sure don't want to see a holster on my hip.

Sometimes, like I'm just going into a restaurant, I just make sure I sit with the holster to the wall. I walk in, holster on the side of a friend / wife / crowd. I do this a lot after range time (as I have 2-3 firearms on me). I don't like keeping them in the car / friend's car.

If I will be doing a lot of moving around, say a mall, I take a great deal more care. I don't want to deal with the guy with a gun in a mall situation.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

I try to keep as discreet as possible, but if I do print at times, I'm not too worried about it.
    "We have met the enemy, and it is us." Pogo Possum

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    When I'm at work I'm more carefull not to print. But in general, I'm not that worried about it.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

EdC
    I live in a open carry state, and I'm an "Oh,well" Don't really care much if I print or peek.

I dress to conceal, but if there's a slight print or bump or bulge, I don't freak out. I look like the last person to be carrying, so unless it's one of you guys, I doubt anyone would think it's a gun.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

When I first started cc'ing (abt 3 yrs ago), I took great pains to ensure the gun was never exposed under any circumstances. However lately I don't worry so much about it. The state I live in (KY) is an open-carry state.

i really dont care if its hidden or not since I live in NH... my pants sag down and it becomes visible anyways usually (i use a smart carry because i wear sweatpants or basketball shorts 95% of the time)

mrm
    im actually quite carefull about it, I feel the words concealed should mean just that, most times when a person needs a gun it is in a second and it is 10 feet away, so if I have to carry a smaller gun like I.e. the p3at or something I will but if I can get away with it I carry a behind the back glock 27.

TN is a "carry permit" so it does not matter, however, i do not want the BG to know I'm armed, so I do not open carry, and i try to keep it covered.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links