Interesting slip up..

This is a discussion on Interesting slip up.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Can you hear me now"?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting slip up..

"Can you hear me now"?
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Did I understand right, you can CCW while riding a bus???

Z
    Yes, absolutely! Why not?
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    "Can you hear me now"?
    HAHA I'm seeing a Glock commercial coming on!!! Does anybody know why gun manufacturers dont advertise on billboards, tv, etc? Is it illegal or what??
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    I know that you're trying to balance the weight on both sides, but don't put the phone and the mag holder so close together. You could find yourself in a gunfight and have to reload. You might try to put your cell phone in your handgun and the magazine will still be in its holder. It's just a bad practice.
    People have tried to speedload cellphones, knives, and all sorts of crap into their pistols instead of magazines. That said, I think it's OK to clip both the cellphone and mag pouch on the same side, as long as the mag is in front of the cell phone, so your hand will reach it first.

at least you didnt make the mistake of trying to load your phone into the mag-well in a life threatening situation

Good story: a mildly entertaining scenario, what turned out to be a harmless mistake, and a learning point. Thanks for sharing.
    God, country, family.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    Yes, absolutely! Why not?
    In Missouri, St. Louis to be exact, it is a felony to carry on a bus or any form of public transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by stlouiseman View Post
    In Missouri, St. Louis to be exact, it is a felony to carry on a bus or any form of public transportation.
    LOL, a felony?
    I am sure that if you SHOOT the buss driver (Seattle) you get charged with TWO felonys. I know that second felony will detour them from doing so.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

You should look into your states public transportation laws. They might fall under federal territory.

In CO, you can not carry on pubic transit (bus, light rail).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardable View Post
    at least you didnt make the mistake of trying to load your phone into the mag-well in a life threatening situation
    Some of my 'funniest' range stories have to do with speed/combat loading and watching "experienced" people grab thier cellphones and try 'inserting' them into thier carry guns.

I carry like the OP describes most of the time and I make it a point to 'practice' with my cell in place just to insure I don't make that mistake when/if i need to while my heart rate is up in a moment of crisis.

Lesson learned I'm thinking for OP. Experience is the best teacher.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I would be more worried if you tried to answer your firearm

Gotta love our liberal state.

I think this state has the largest flock of

Time to open season
    Confuse a liberal, use logic and facts.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    I work in healthcare security. Unfortunately, this means I cannot carry. If it was just company policy, I would say "screw that, I'm carrying". I have to be licensed as an unarmed security guard through the state of WA to work at my current employer. If I carry "while carry out my duties at work (AKA on the clock)" then I have violated the LAW regarding ARMED security guards, not just my employer's policy. Now I am in more of an administrative/supervisory position at my employer, as in I have my own office/desk etc, but that does not change the fact that I am registered as an unarmed security guard at my current employment.
    Gee that kinda sucks, are you in a uniform while at work? Doesnt that kind of make you an official TARGET?
    Maybe you should press your company to switch to ARMED security guards. Explain that you know where they can hire a really good one, for only 20% more money than they pay you now, and he will even supply his own Glock!

I ride the bus frequently here, sometimes in Miami. You're silly if you're not carrying.

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I have found nothing in my readings that say in Washington State that you cannot carry on a bus or train... If that is indeed the case can someone please post the info so I know not to do it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links