Have you ever wondered if WallyWorlds employes know???

This is a discussion on Have you ever wondered if WallyWorlds employes know??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That most every day in some little town,in some state in this great country of ours,a person,walkings in to the local Wallyworld, shaking in there ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever wondered if WallyWorlds employes know???

Have you ever wondered if WallyWorlds employes know???

That most every day in some little town,in some state in this great country of ours,a person,walkings in to the local Wallyworld, shaking in there boots,with a new gun on there hip,and a new CCL card burning a hole in there pocket,checking themeslves out ,evey few seconds to see if there printing,shifting there clothes and there holster,hoping to blend in with all the sheep...after waiting for months for that very day to come???Ive never saw this question before on other fourms.If they know,I bet they think,WHY US,???,.Why not Home Depot???

2. Remove Ads

Assuming they know of corporate's policy on carrying concealed weapons in their stores, and assuming the employee in question is ambivalent toward gun ownership, they probably just smile and nod knowingly.

But that's a double assumption. It's probably more like "What are we, a free training scenario?"
    Life is about choices. One who chooses to attack without cause has also chosen to accept whatever defensive measures his target has readied. If this includes violence and death, so be it.

G26--->Supertuck

I think too many carriers worry about who knows.

Get yer CWP or whatever your state calls it. Get a gun and a holster then cover it up. Done.

I dont care if the WM employees know.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    I think too many carriers worry about who knows.

Get yer CWP or whatever your state calls it. Get a gun and a holster then cover it up. Done.

I dont care if the WM employees know.
    +1 but you forgot the part about that goes: concealed is concealed.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I found this post comical. When i went to buy my ammo at Walmart the guy offered to carry it to the front for me as "policy", I kindly smiled and said "no thanks, I already have 13 on the hip" and winked. He smiled and said "thats what I like to hear"
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I don't remember what the first business was that I visited. Maybe it just wasn't that big of a deal to me. I find the wallyworld commentary commical but do 1st timers really make a point of making WW the first stop?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

"Policy"

Several years ago when Walmart still sold handguns, I bought a Taurus .38 snub and the salesman said, "For both of our protection our policy is for me to carry your purchase up front."

I said, "That's very considerate of you. Would you mind carrying it out to my car?"

He agreed.

Thats when I said, "That's where I have the ammo you know."

First time I ever actually saw a persons jaw drop open.

...Skye...

VIP Member
    Most Walmart employees don't have a clue. A few months ago I was in Walmart buying ammo. I was wearing a NRA hat. The clerk ask me "What does NRA mean?" I just shook my head and finished paying.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    I don't remember what the first business was that I visited. Maybe it just wasn't that big of a deal to me. I find the wallyworld commentary commical but do 1st timers really make a point of making WW the first stop?
    I'm looking forward to my Wally World Walk when my permit comes in. One post I read mentioned that it is a great way to get used to the idea that you really DON'T have a neon sign over your head with an arrow pointing at your gun!

I think the idea is fun and it provides a way to create a sense of unity with other members of the group. Kind of like my Fraternity initiation. Sigma Gamma Chi !!!
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

I know that several of the guys around my neck of the woods know, but then again, they're carrying, too.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I dunno about employees, but I see noobs at Walmart. I almost want to approach and tell them to chill out. Almost. Some of them look so nervous I do not want to spook them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    I know that several of the guys around my neck of the woods know, but then again, they're carrying, too.
    Exactly. same here. Most of the employees are made up of the same people who shop there. Most neither know or care. Concealed is concealed.Those that do have a clue are also ones who own and/or carry.

Wally-World was 'one' of my very first stops after receiving my permit, and that was a while back. I was nervous but after a few trips the realization that nobody knew or saw made me considerably more comfortable. I'm still wary while carrying.

WM wasn't a "must-go-to' place back then......or if it was I didn't know it. It was, however, a common place with LOTS of people and an excellent test for myself. Now it's considered the first stop for those very same reasons, a test and confidence bulider.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Most Walmart employees don't have a clue. A few months ago I was in Walmart buying ammo. I was wearing a NRA hat. The clerk ask me "What does NRA mean?" I just shook my head and finished paying.
    It's "The National Recovery Act" or something like that isn't it? (From the New Deal era)

Quote Originally Posted by Tn Mitch View Post
    That most every day in some little town,in some state in this great country of ours,a person,walkings in to the local Wallyworld, shaking in there boots,with a new gun on there hip,and a new CCL card burning a hole in there pocket,checking themeslves out ,evey few seconds to see if there printing,shifting there clothes and there holster,hoping to blend in with all the sheep...after waiting for months for that very day to come???Ive never saw this question before on other fourms.If they know,I bet they think,WHY US,???,.Why not Home Depot???
    Because Home Depot doesn't have Nachos. Seriously, Home Depot was the second place I carried. The first was my local grocery store. Wally World was nearly a month later.

Wally World has a "no gun" policy? Never seen a sign.

The first place that I carried was a mall in North GA with a no gun policy but also has a sporting goods store selling guns. That confuses me: Why tell people that an item is bad, and then support the sell of that item?

Funny thing, after the mall shooting in Atlanta where the armored truck driver was shot both malls took down the no gun signs.
    Mykel

more later...

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Wally World? I dunno. If they do know and they understand those of us who carry concealed do it legally, they probably feel a bit safer.
    As far as a trip to Wally World when my permit arrives, maybe.
    Where ever I need to go on that day will be my first trip carrying, I don't plan on any special trips to a particular place, it will feel special enough to be legal to carry concealed, and that is good enough for me.
    Besides I know a better place to go for natchos
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links