Lucas Oil Stadium - Indianapolis, IN

This is a discussion on Lucas Oil Stadium - Indianapolis, IN within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Based upon my searching of Indiania CC laws, it looks like I'm good to carry inside the Lucas Oil stadium. Have I missed something? Does ...

Thread: Lucas Oil Stadium - Indianapolis, IN

Based upon my searching of Indiania CC laws, it looks like I'm good to carry inside the Lucas Oil stadium.

Have I missed something?

Does anybody know if the stadium can/does restrict CC?
    Gun control is not about the guns...It's about the control.

Current primary carry: M&P9C - Soon to be Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II

NRA Lifer

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I do not know your state laws, but are you aloud to carry in a place that serves alcohol for consumption? Some states have laws you cannot carry into sports arenas, is yours one of them? Just giving some ideas of things I am not sure if you thought of.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Security Procedures

http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/Visitor_Info/Fan_Guide/

All guests will be subject to inspection upon entering Lucas Oil Stadium. The following items
    are not be permitted in Lucas Oil Stadium: food & beverage items, bottles, cans, liquor containers, weapons, coolers, bags, large purses, backpacks, video recorders, horns, artificial noisemakers, and other missile-like objects. Please be advised that nothing larger than a small personal handbag, subject to inspection, will be permitted inside Lucas Oil Stadium.

BUT: INDIANA is great, no LEGAL restrictions on carry around alcohol consumption, no restrictions on "public gatherings" no restrictions on "paid events" etc etc. So As far as I know, you are right, there are no restrictions.

That being said, if they do searches or metal detectors or have wands you will probably be asked to return it to your car or check it in a property room or something.

Recent thread on the Indiana Gun Owners Forum about someone who carried at Conseco and did not get wanded. A person who works security there said they would have just asked him to leave it in the car. Of course if you don't leave or take it back out when asked, then you are asking for trouble.

Lots of Indiana info: INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community

Quote Originally Posted by ralphb72 View Post
    Security Procedures

Guest Information - Lucas Oil Stadium

All guests will be subject to inspection upon entering Lucas Oil Stadium. The following items
    are not be permitted in Lucas Oil Stadium: food & beverage items, bottles, cans, liquor containers, weapons, coolers, bags, large purses, backpacks, video recorders, horns, artificial noisemakers, and other missile-like objects. Please be advised that nothing larger than a small personal handbag, subject to inspection, will be permitted inside Lucas Oil Stadium.

BUT: INDIANA is great, no LEGAL restrictions on carry around alcohol consumption, no restrictions on "public gatherings" no restrictions on "paid events" etc etc. So As far as I know, you are right, there are no restrictions.

That being said, if they do searches or metal detectors or have wands you will probably be asked to return it to your car or check it in a property room or something.

Recent thread on the Indiana Gun Owners Forum about someone who carried at Conseco and did not get wanded. A person who works security there said they would have just asked him to leave it in the car. Of course if you don't leave or take it back out when asked, then you are asking for trouble.

It's not my home state, but next door so I visit often. I do like the no alcohol restriction because that allows you to carry at restaurants since most restaurants now serve. THAT BEING SAID, I DO NOT THINK YOU SHOULD CONSUME ALCOHOL WHILE CARRYING/HANDLING ANY FIREARM.

Not sure why I didn't think about looking up the Lucas Oil Stadium site. Thanks for info!
    Not sure what the legal position is but sounds like the request is not to carry.

NRA Lifer

As far as I can tell, legally you are fine,but if they find it or if they know about it they could ask you to put it in your car, eject you, or outright ban you.

In Kentucky if you get a DUI your CC license is null and void. Get a DUI while you're packing and you just got a felony.

GO...

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

Am I missing something here? It says weapons are NOT permitted. SO how could Katoom be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by ralphb72 View Post
    Security Procedures

Guest Information - Lucas Oil Stadium

are not be permitted in Lucas Oil Stadium: food & beverage items, bottles, cans, liquor containers, weapons,
    coolers, bags, large purses, backpacks, video recorders, horns, artificial noisemakers, and other missile-like objects. Please be advised that nothing larger than a small personal handbag, subject to inspection, will be permitted inside Lucas Oil Stadium.

Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

I think ralphb72 is saying that it's like some states are with the gun buster signs in that I guess some courts have said that the sign cannot keep you out but you can be asked to leave. Unlike OH, where the gun buster signs are a keep out or face criminal trespass charges - a fourth degree misdemeanor I believe.

I'll respect the wishes of the stadium and no push my luck & draw unnecessary attention to CCW.

NRA Lifer

I don't want to hijack the thread, but is there a website where I can see what places are legal to carry a firearm into and what situations are deemed "legal" for use of a firearm. Like whether you can or cannot defend your property if someone is stealing your car or something. I contacted my sherrif's department over two weeks ago, but they haven't returned my message. I live in Indiana by the way.

BigD7 - Handgunlaw.us
    ...T. Ray

Links