TN Premit holder going to Savannah GA....

This is a discussion on TN Premit holder going to Savannah GA.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, Read Handgunlaw, and I know GA honors TN permit. It appears the laws are real similar to TN. Is there anything that I should ...

Thread: TN Premit holder going to Savannah GA....

TN Premit holder going to Savannah GA....

OK,

Read Handgunlaw, and I know GA honors TN permit. It appears the laws are real similar to TN. Is there anything that I should be extra careful with?

Also I have always flown Delta, tomorrow I'll be flying US Air, has anybody had any problems with them? Their web site says it about the same as Delta, except, you are to lock the suitcase it and you keep the key. Delta says you have to use a TSA approved lock. So I called US Air customer, which was not US by the way, They told me no. Once TSA has looked at it and accepted it, you keep the only key.

Any comments welcome......
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

2. Remove Ads

HKR
    First thing is to check out Welcome to GeorgiaPacking.org as there seems to be quite a few there that live in Savannah or the Savannah area.

I'd mainly watch out for public gatherings such as street concerts that spring up with very little notice. Of course stay away from publicly owned buildings and school owned buildings. Sporting events and churches/church property (that's a lot of areas in Savannah) are no-no's also.
    Every city/county seems to have their own ordinances for knives so just remember that in Ga you carry permit only applies to your firearms. You can be arrested for carrying a very insignificant pocket knife depending on where you are.

The good: you will be able to legally carry in restaurants where alcohol is served as long as you don't drink and you can carry in state park areas. All of the islands should be okay for carry, IIRC.

Carry anywhere in the car is legal. It's up to you whether you notify LEO or not. If you are discovered carrying and are asked to leave private property by an employee of the property/business, do it or it's criminal trespassing.

Voice recorders are inexpensive and always nice to have around. Ga is a single party consent state so it is perfectly legal for you to record any conversations you are involved in.

This is just stuff off the top of my head, so be sure to check out GeorgiaPacking. Enjoy your trip.

The TN permit only covers handguns as well so that is the same.

Have a safe trip TankDriver! Have fun too.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    The TN permit only covers handguns as well so that is the same.

Have a safe trip TankDriver! Have fun too.
    Not a fun trip, got to teach a class........

Will leave Memphis at 6;00am, get off the plane and be met at the airport, 3 day class, will be taken back to airport on Wensday night to get home at 12:00 midnight.....

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

+1 on the locations, downtown is riddled with SCAD school building and carrying on the property is a felony :(
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Usually to be considered a Public Gathering, an admission has to be charged - see opinion of AG - even though people are gathered at McDonalds - not considered to be a Public Gathering. Resturants that serve alcohol are ok. Churches are off limits - this is one of those out of sync Public Gatherings. Bars are not ok. Everything else pretty much the same. No need to inform. If keeping it concealed - should be no issue - although open carry is ok - but rogue LEOs may cause trouble - just as in TN.

Ga gun laws

Georgia code section 16-11-126 (spec. (f)) Don't bother bringing an ankle holster unless your a tanker driver and a cop. If that code section does not help you try this link.

georgia.gov - Georgia's Firearm Permit Reciprocity

Also try Kevin Barry's Irish Pub on River Street. Have to leave the firearm locked up, but well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Usually to be considered a Public Gathering, an admission has to be charged - see opinion of AG - even though people are gathered at McDonalds - not considered to be a Public Gathering. Resturants that serve alcohol are ok. Churches are off limits - this is one of those out of sync Public Gatherings. Bars are not ok. Everything else pretty much the same. No need to inform. If keeping it concealed - should be no issue - although open carry is ok - but rogue LEOs may cause trouble - just as in TN.

what? there is no paid admission argument, any thing where people gather for a specific event can be construed as a public gathering

Wynne v. State 123 Ga. 566 1905 A public Fourth of July barbecue "at which negroes and some white people gathered, to the number of some 400 or 500," is a public gathering.

Jordan v. State 166 Ga. App. 417 1983 Possessing a loaded weapon on Loganville Auto Auction grounds when many people are present in the parking lot constitutes the offense of carrying a deadly weapon to a public gathering.
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs

Quote Originally Posted by hughmorme View Post
    Georgia code section 16-11-126 (spec. (f)) Don't bother bringing an ankle holster unless your a tanker driver and a cop. If that code section does not help you try this link.

georgia.gov - Georgia's Firearm Permit Reciprocity

Also try Kevin Barry's Irish Pub on River Street. Have to leave the firearm locked up, but well worth it.

you can carry in an Ankle Holster
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs

just recently flew us air with a gun from pa to dfw and back. as long as ya meet the tsa requirements your good to go. they didn't even mind me haveing the ammo in the same luggage as the case the weapon was locked in.(though they did keep asking if i was on orders trying to save me the $15 for luggage fees)
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

X2 on the Irish Pub

Make sure your packing after dark on River street. Thats where a guy tried to mug me, but since he had an empty pistol, he ended up on the short end of the stick (I posted the story somewhere on here.) Edit: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...17-post59.html

Other than that, Savannah is a fun place. I was stationed there for 3 years.
    Confuse a liberal, use logic and facts.

Thanks eveyone.

This has been the day it FROZE over. My flight was to leave Memphis at 6:05. It left at 9:00 am because of delay at Charlotte . Then they canceled my flight to Savannah. Had to rebook. I'll be setting here till 10:10 tonight, but my luggage went on ahead of me, I hope. WITH my pistol, and some items I need for my class in the suitcase.......

Not a good day......

Links