Bring the OC or Leave it Home?

This is a discussion on Bring the OC or Leave it Home? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I stand corrected. I just accessed the Prohibited Items list of the TSA for air travel, and it specifically says, "Mace/Pepper SprayOne 118 ml or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring the OC or Leave it Home?

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I stand corrected. I just accessed the Prohibited Items list of the TSA for air travel, and it specifically says, "Mace/Pepper SprayOne 118 ml or 4 Fl. oz. container of mace or pepper spray is permitted in checked baggage provided it is equipped with a safety mechanism to prevent accidental discharge. For more information visit www.faa.gov, click on Passengers, then Preparing to Fly."
    This is for checked luggage but prohibited in carry on.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

2. Remove Ads

Administrative Ban Array PseudoFinn's Avatar
    HotGuns. I was really confused there for a second when I saw you were trying to tell me the difference between carry on and check-in baggage. THen, oops. I was reread my post- I say carry on I think three times!

Of course, I ment check in- I was passing along that info to him because I thought you had told him that he can't bring the spray- check in or not. My appologies for the confusion. I must have sounded like an idiot saying that you can bring it in your carry on. I would sure hope no one would attempt to carry spray onto a plane. At anyrate, you can check your spray- and even your firearm and ammo, however it appears that there are severe penalties for bringing even one round of ammo into Mexico.

I'm gonna go hide under a rock now.

Senior Moderator
    No need to hide under a rock Psuedo...

We're all here to learn.

Just remember...
    Some countrys have very restrictive laws on what they let their citizens/subjects carry around. Just because it may be legal here,means absolutley nothing when you are on their turf. Mexico has some pretty serious laws when it comes to anything that can be used as a weapon. The irony of it is that what may be
    "overlooked" by the local police for a citizen is usally a certain jail term for a foreigner.At the very least, it would cost lots of money to the right people to get out of it...

Unless you can find specific information about the laws in Mexico concerning carrying OC, I would leave it at home. You don't want to get stuck down there for anything illegal! Just make sure when you go that you are more vigilent of your surroundings. Just take the "condition code" slightly up a notch and you'll be ok. The best way to avoid the problem is to no be there in the first place!

Have fun on vaca!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Administrative Ban Array PseudoFinn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    No need to hide under a rock Psuedo...

We're all here to learn.

Just remember...
    Some countrys have very restrictive laws on what they let their citizens/subjects carry around. Just because it may be legal here,means absolutley nothing when you are on their turf. Mexico has some pretty serious laws when it comes to anything that can be used as a weapon.

No, no.. that's what I was saying. I posted a link that states if you bring one round of ammo into Mexico, you can be imprisoned.

"At anyrate, you can check your spray- and even your firearm and ammo, however it appears that there are severe penalties for bringing even one round of ammo into Mexico."

And thanks for not banishing me to my rock! I really don't mean to beat up on you in the other forum. Just want to debate issues with you guys. I'm new to the gun community and I want to explore these topics. Don't hate me!

Cool

Keep it simple,,,,Go some where else. I know it's sad that if you really look at it we as Americans must be really careful where we travel abroad these days. I am so glad I got some travel in while serving in the service because this world is crazy. Moreover, although crime is increasing here in our back yard we truly are blessed to be Americans.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    My Bro-In-Law is treating some of us to a cruise soon & knows how most of us like our guns, spray etc. He checked and said you don't want to have anything like that on you. As much as I disagree with the policy - sounds like no choice and I'll go along with it.
    I do plan to have my walking cane - that's one item that is allowed.

http://www.canemasters.com
    For God, Family and Country!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links