Got made by my Doctor today

This is a discussion on Got made by my Doctor today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On my last visit, the nurse asked me to take off my coat to get an accurate weight. OK. My PT145 is OWB. I ask, ...

Thread: Got made by my Doctor today

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

On my last visit, the nurse asked me to take off my coat to get an accurate weight. OK. My PT145 is OWB. I ask, "So is there anything else you want me to take off?" She says no. Hmmm....

Once we are in the room, she says to just put it under my coat on the chair. Fine. Holster still visible.

Today I just pushed the weapon back towards my spine. Sure enough, the Doc wants me to lift my sweater to listen to breath sounds. Actually, he starts pulling it up himself. Not a word, not a flinch, no change in demeanor. Cool.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I have to see my doctors often and I lock it up before entering,yes I can carry in there but I never know if I'm gonna have to disrobe etc. and I'm not leaving my gun unsecured,nor do I like anybody getting close to my gun holstered or otherwise
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It shouldn't be a surprise that a doctor might want to look you over, he is supposed to check on your health ,right?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dignzepln View Post
    It shouldn't be a surprise that a doctor might want to look you over, he is supposed to check on your health ,right?
    I find that very amazing as well.

I hate it when the doctor has to actually touch me...the bill always goes up another $500...
    I have not disclosed my CCW to my present doctor...I wrap it in a coat or shirt between the first nurse and final doctor visits.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Oh oh, if I got made by my doc, that wouls be the subject of conversation for the rest of the appointment.
    He's a gun guy, hunter and fisherman, oh and a good doctor too
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    I pocket carry a Kel-Tec 380 when I know this is coming.

I don't know why anyone would carry inside the Dr's office and think they are not subject to being touched or examined. I don't know the area your Dr's office is in but I do not feel I need to carry into his office. If I did I would carry in a coat pocket or something.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dignzepln View Post
    Yeah but this was a second followup visit to check some numbers. And you would be surprised how many Doctors just Q&A without a physical exam on followups. Besides, if he had a cow it wouldn't affect me. There's other Doctors in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I don't know why anyone would carry inside the Dr's office and think they are not subject to being touched or examined. I don't know the area your Dr's office is in but I do not feel I need to carry into his office. If I did I would carry in a coat pocket or something.
    I don't feel the need to carry at WalMart, Sears or Lowes. Heck I don't feel the need to carry at home. But I do, just in case my ESP/precognition isn't working.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

What would be awkward is a SmartCarry and a hernia check .
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

What also would be awkward is if he tells you that you are shooting "blanks"

Funny thing with me, all my doctors carry as well. ha ha. They ask more about firearms then health. Just kidding.... We do have good discussions on what the latest carry guns are, and if I have shot them.

My doctor is at the VA so there is no way I can carry in a federal building.

Which brings up an interesting question. Wondering what the legal technicalities would be with a licensed CCW carrying into a VA outpatient clinic? Is it considered a government building? Most are doctor's who have contracted to do the VA exams, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Which brings up an interesting question. Wondering what the legal technicalities would be with a licensed CCW carrying into a VA outpatient clinic? Is it considered a government building? Most are doctor's who have contracted to do the VA exams, etc.
    My sister works at a VA outpatient clinic and I stopped to see her. She was tring to open a box, so I took out a knife to open it and she went nuts. Told me there were no wepons alouded.

Sponsored Links