Strip Club Carry

This is a discussion on Strip Club Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hmm...I searched this but couldn't find a matching thread, but I think it is peculiar that this hasn't come up before. A buddy of mine ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strip Club Carry

Strip Club Carry

Hmm...I searched this but couldn't find a matching thread, but I think it is peculiar that this hasn't come up before.

A buddy of mine is getting married and asked me to go to his bachelor party. I can't make it for the first part since I'm working, but I'm supposed to meet up with the group at a juice bar strip club outside of town.

In all seriousness...best carry method is what? I figured belly bands and smartcarry are definitely out along with pocket carry. SOB seemed like the wisest option in this case though I know the commonly-mentioned disadvantages of that method. What do you think?
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

2. Remove Ads

I've done so many times. Carry IWB like any other day.
    Do not got into the 'Champagne Room'.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

One thing to consider is whether or not you can carry in a place that serves alcohol, namely a bar. And I assume that your state prohibits carrying a gun while consuming alcohol, so that is another thing to consider.

I've heard SOB can be dangerous in a fall, doesn't sound worth it to be...I like walking. Other than that I'm not sure what to add. How do you normally carry?

According to handgunlaw.us, you can't carry in a bar. And I'm would be willing to think a strip club can be considered a bar. Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be missing something. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/missouri.pdf
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

VIP Member
    meet up with the group at a juice bar strip club.

No Alcohol here right ?.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    cargo pants and pocket carry in the cargo pocket?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Provided you can legally carry there and are morally okay with going there... carry how you normally do and be as involved as that allows you - there's no sense trying out something new for the first time in that type of environment... (carry wise I mean)...
    Last edited by Miggy; March 4th, 2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: removing off topic material
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Oh for crying out loud. It's strip club. Leave the gun at home or in the car.

I think that I can give you the benefit of a job I had here in Las Vegas. I used to be the "inside" security guard that checked the id's of people enter a strip club. I'd rather not give the club (still open) any free advertising.

The first question I would ask myself is if I plan on drinking alcohol. If you are planning on drinking alcohol please seriously consider leaving the gun at home. As well all know all to well guns & alcohol don't mix. This doesn't apply if you are a "designated driver." If you are drinking alcohol it probably would be wiser to NOT carry a gun with you.

The first thing a customer did when they entered the club was pay for their admission. Once that was settled he would walk up to me behind the "velvet rope". I would then request to see your ID. Once you provided me you ID I would verify that you were at least the minimum legal to enter the club.

When I was satisfied you were at least minimum legal age I would lower the "velvet rope" and allow you to enter the club. The last thing we look for are concealed weapons on customers. That is not the job we are paid to do while working the door of the club. It was primarily just to check ID's.

But if there is a remote chance you might drink alcohol, leave the gun at home. I wouldn't even have a gun in a vehicle if I had been drinking. I'm sure the next LEO who may pull you over will not appreciate finding a gun & drunk people together a good combination. But that's just my opinion!

And this is from someone who checked ID's at a strip club for 6 months. Just a thought!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Whoa, I know we all have our opinions on the morality of this issue in the first place -- it's a pretty touchy subject. But let's keep the thread on track.

Like I said, the bar/alcohol thing would not be an issue due to the club he was talking about being a juice bar (serves only nonalcoholic drinks). Also I would think the prime danger point would be when going into a strip club , not walking out of one. Who has any money then?? But the theoretics of the question begged an answer so I took the plunge.

Pikachu, very interesting perspective and I'm glade for your input. What kind of check did you do to see if they were carrying weapons? What did you look for?

My theory on this is that the perfect carry would be a Kel-tec P32, w/ clip, attached SOB while in the club, then before you leave go to the mens room and switch it to a pocket. That way you've got a little bit of unobtrusive protection that keeps you happy and doesn't catch attention.
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

What Did I Look For?

Quote Originally Posted by Risque007 View Post
    Pikachu, very interesting perspective and I'm glade for your input. What kind of check did you do to see if they were carrying weapons? What did you look for?
    As long as you were of legal age I didn't pay much attention to what looked suspicious with regards to concealed weapons.

It really wasn't my place to question if a person were or were not legally carrying a handgun. LEO's were regular customers of this establishment. I had no method of distinguishing from LEO's or other people carrying whether legally or illegaly. It wasn't my place to make that decision.

As long as the customers were having a good time, I had no problem dealing with people who carried guns into the club. Not that I knew who did or didn't as well.

I could go into more detail as to other adventures while on the job but this isn't the forum for that. lol
    Glock 26

I almost forgot to mention this one aspect of opened carry. At the time I was licensed to carry a weapon by the state of Nevada as an armed security officer. It was a Smith & Wesson Model 10 with a heavy barrel. This was my first quality handgun. That gun I'll never forget. And this goes back to 1985. I still can recall the serial number from memory!
    Glock 26

VIP Member
    I would think ankle carry would be your best option. What do other think of this method of carry in this situation?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Avoid lap dances and it will not matter where you carry.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Leave the gun at home and have a good time with your friends.

t_bare

IMO, ankle carry probably a really good idea, if you plan on not drinking alcohol. If you are designated driver, this might be a good plan. Otherwise, leave it at home.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links