Carry to car, to work, to home w/o CCW

This is a discussion on Carry to car, to work, to home w/o CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm waiting on my CCW at the moment but I was wanted to know if it was ok to carry the gun on my going ...

I'm waiting on my CCW at the moment but I was wanted to know if it was ok to carry the gun on my going to the car/home w/o the carrying case. Also, while in the car, is it ok to have it in the console.
    And one last question. I live in a apartment complex and workout at their gym pretty often with my girlfriend. Would it be ok to walk around the complex with it?

Just bought a KelTec PF-9 and it kicks like a monster

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Gotcha...Weird how you can carry it to your car concealed no problem but from car to apt..it's shady. Someone screwed that up during the write up.

congratlation on passing CHL class. Which class did you attended to ? Hot wells ?

I know its VERY limited without the permit. I'm waiting on my permit also

To and from your car, yes. To the gym, no.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

If you think walking around the gym would be OK, why get a CCW? After all that is the entire purpose of getting the training, and permit. Otherwise, every crazy cowboy will be toting. You'd really be on shaky ground, in the gym for sure.

For the time being, apt to car and vice versa. Got it.

Just a little add... as long as it's concealed in your car you're following the law--I carry my Glock 23 under my backpack on the right seat so there's no down time if I need to get to it.

Though I'm not sure how this would all play out in an accident, so I'm trying to reconcile the benefits with the risks...

Just thought I'd share, I was in your shoes last year.
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Otherwise, every crazy cowboy will be toting.
    And the problem with that is what exactly? Seems to work pretty well in Montana, Alaska, Wyoming, Washington, Idaho, Vermont to name a few.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; March 5th, 2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Another quick question...In such a situation occur while going from car to home, am I able to draw legally?

Quote Originally Posted by glockstock View Post
    I carry my Glock 23 under my backpack on the right seat so there's no down time if I need to get to it.

Though I'm not sure how this would all play out in an accident,...
    Read about the infamous FBI Miami Shootout, April 11, 1986.

In that case one vehicle of FBI agents got into a fairly low speed impact with the suspects vehicle during a felony traffic stop.

Special Agent Richard Manauzzi anticipating the high probability of engaging in a gunfight with the suspects had removed his weapon from the holster and either placed it on the seat next to him or tucked it between the seat cushions in order to have quick access to it once they stopped.

During the minor traffic accident which ensued, his only gun (he did not have a BUG) flew somewhere onto the floorboard of their FBI vehicle and was lost for the duration of the gun fight.

Two of his fellow agents were killed, and five other agents including himself were wounded. Three of them with life long crippling injuries. He was never able to fire a shot during the entire exchange because he couldn't find his gun.

It's best not to have your gun lying loose or just "tucked in" between cushions inside your vehicle. Always have it in your holster are some other method which is secured.

Any kind of vehicle confrontation, whether you are a civilian or a LEO it is not unreasonable to expect, at the very least, a minor traffic accident or even some abrupt evasive driving which can send your gun flying to who knows where.

Stay safe and keep your gun secure while in your vehicle.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by jkvan87 View Post
    Another quick question...In such a situation occur while going from car to home, am I able to draw legally?
    I am under the impression that since you can carry between those two places that if presented with a threat you are allowed to draw/use deadly force legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Any kind of vehicle confrontation, whether you are a civilian or a LEO it is not unreasonable to expect, at the very least, a minor traffic accident or even some abrupt evasive driving which can send your gun flying to who knows where.

Stay safe and keep your gun secure while in your vehicle.
    Thank you for relaying this situation--I think the center console will be where my Glock can be found when I'm on the move. Or on me, of course. Guess I just needed to hear your reasoning.
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

congrats on your ccw. wait wait wait.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Links