Marijuana + Roomate = DQ my CCP? (NC)

This is a discussion on Marijuana + Roomate = DQ my CCP? (NC) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Evil Drew M How do you figure that? Do you really think meth heads and heroin addicts will quit those drugs if ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87

Thread: Marijuana + Roomate = DQ my CCP? (NC)

  1. #61
    VIP Member Array cdwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Drew M View Post
    How do you figure that?

    Do you really think meth heads and heroin addicts will quit those drugs if they could smoke pot legally?
    Most drug dealers make a large percentage there money with weed. Cut it out and they will soon be out of business. There is no way to stop drug use in our country...control what we can and focus on the heavy stuff. Look at how much money is going to Mexico.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #62
    Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Weak argument.....Alcohol is a drug and if you don't see the connection your blind!!
    Apparently, you missed my argument. The fact that alcohol is destructive to the individual and society does not justify legalizing marijuana, which is destructive to the individual and society. Why would you support the detrimental effects of an illegal drug that has destroyed families and individuals?

    Marijuana is the largest cash crop in the U.S. the war on drugs is a joke!
    Opium is also a big cash industry. Do you also support legalizing heroin and cocaine solely because someone can make a profit?

    Legalize it and tax it. That would put 95% of drug dealers out of business and if someone wants to ruin there life let them. I can go buy a fifth of jack right now, drink it,and not remember getting into my car driving down the road.
    What is your point? The fact is that not only does the drug addict destroy his own life but also the lives of everyone around him.

    Just buy stopping the need to smuggle weed you could crack down on coke and heroine being brought in and meth being cooked.
    You have a problem with meth and heroin? Why?

    That's a mighty high horse you ride
    Being a moral person is not that difficult. To many it comes naturally.

  4. #63
    VIP Member Array boricua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,873
    You know that marijuana is illegal. Your friend knows that marijuana is illegal. Your friend has not been caught by the law. You have not been caught by the law.

    Now, here's your break to do the right thing before is too late. Talk to your friend and let him know that his behavior is unacceptable and explain to him the consequences to both of you. If he doesn't want to play, he has to go.

    I rather have the privilege to carry my Glock on my waist band than have a doper friend in my house.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

  5. #64
    Senior Member Array KenInColo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    991
    Another thread on here told of someone in NY State getting their license pulled b/c of the actions of another person at that same address.

    My advice: Kick him out & not just b/c of the CCW either. You don't want to be connected to illegal activities for any number of reasons.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

  6. #65
    Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,631
    My son faced the same type of roomies last year. He doesn't have a CCP, but he does have an athletic scholarship. He moved rather than risk losing his scholarship. In that scenario, one is guilty until proven innocent and even then the outcome is uncertain. Why risk it? I recommend the same, lest the CCP is jeopardized.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

  7. #66
    Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Pot is always called the harmless drug but it is illegal. I'd agree that alcohol is a much bigger problem in society. The LE in this country have a duty to find and arrest growers, smugglers and dealers. In doing their job, they put their lives on the line and sometimes pay the ultimate consequence. Those people that say it's harmless never think of the families that have to deal with those consequences. There is nothing harmless about smoking a little weed when you look at the big picture.
    It's probably seen as such a bad drug because it can't be taxed.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

    USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

  8. #67
    Member Array isaiah357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    small town wi
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Drew M View Post
    How do you figure that?

    Do you really think meth heads and heroin addicts will quit those drugs if they could smoke pot legally?
    NO, legalizing and taxing it would not only inject much needed capital into this country, it would free up LEO to fight real drugs, that really kill people: coke crack meth heroin. i would think for a bunch of people who arent for big government would be more sypathetic to something that doesnt infringe on anyone elses rights except the individual user. this in my opinion should be a country where you can do what you want until your rights infringe on others. i truely believe that is what our founding fathers hoped for us. marijuana in and of it self has wrecked few peoples lives. the law making illegal has. the only sensible thing to do is legalize and tax it. we are (and the govt is) out mountains of money and putting countless people at risk by keeping this illegal. i dont know one cop who sat around as a kid and thought i cant wait to grow up and bust folks for dime bags. i think the money used on keeping this illegal could be much better spent.

  9. #68
    kpw
    kpw is offline
    VIP Member Array kpw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    It's probably seen as such a bad drug because it can't be taxed.
    I think the problem is that it isn't seen as a bad drug.
    It may be the most benign of the illegal drugs but it is illegal and it is grown, distributed and marketed by people that often have little regard for other's lives. They are no better than crack or smack dealers. They are parasites that feed off of people's misery and misfortune. The user is, for the most part, a victim of these parasites. The only difference is that the weed smoker chooses to be a victim.
    I hear about these people that are successful in life even when they are regular pot smokers. I know a couple, but I could also show you people that are my age (41) that still live at home with mom and dad and can't keep a job. Or a gal I know that won't leave the house unless she's stoned. Yeah, they function, if that's what you want to call it.
    How many would want their surgeon operating on them if they smoked? How about the pilot flying your plane. How many wouldn't mind a dealer for a neighbor? I would think that anyone with even half a brain would say no to any of those.

  10. #69
    Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    I think the problem is that it isn't seen as a bad drug.
    It may be the most benign of the illegal drugs but it is illegal and it is grown, distributed and marketed by people that often have little regard for other's lives. They are no better than crack or smack dealers. They are parasites that feed off of people's misery and misfortune. The user is, for the most part, a victim of these parasites. The only difference is that the weed smoker chooses to be a victim.
    I hear about these people that are successful in life even when they are regular pot smokers. I know a couple, but I could also show you people that are my age (41) that still live at home with mom and dad and can't keep a job. Or a gal I know that won't leave the house unless she's stoned. Yeah, they function, if that's what you want to call it.
    How many would want their surgeon operating on them if they smoked? How about the pilot flying your plane. How many wouldn't mind a dealer for a neighbor? I would think that anyone with even half a brain would say no to any of those.

    I do not use any kind of drugs or support the use of it so why did you waste your time telling me this? All I was saying is that it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal it it could be taxed. I Don't come at me with crap like this again.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

    USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

  11. #70
    Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    I do not use any kind of drugs or support the use of it so why did you waste your time telling me this?
    Just curious, how would your following quote differ if you did support its use?

    NO, legalizing and taxing it would not only inject much needed capital into this country, it would free up LEO to fight real drugs, that really kill people: coke crack meth heroin. ...marijuana in and of it self has wrecked few peoples lives. the law making illegal has. the only sensible thing to do is legalize and tax it. we are (and the govt is) out mountains of money and putting countless people at risk by keeping this illegal.
    The facts are quite different than you present. Marijuana is far more damaging than the individual problem you suggest it to be. Drug use ruins lives, families and society. It is not a harmless drug that should be endorsed by the government. It is llegalfor a reason. It harms society.

    KPW makes a good point. How many would want their doctor to be a drug addict? How many would want their pilot to be drugged. I am amazed at the type of reasoning people use to justify a dangerous drug. Some don't see the wide ranging effect from sociopathic behaviors.

  12. #71
    VIP Member Array cdwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I am amazed at the type of reasoning people use to justify a dangerous drug.
    Just because it's legal you think doctors and pilots will use it. That makes no sense. What's stopping them from getting drunk and cutting or flying.

    On topic, Good luck helping your friend.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  13. #72
    Member Array Martial Archer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    How many would want their doctor to be a drug addict? How many would want their pilot to be drugged. I am amazed at the type of reasoning people use to justify a dangerous drug. Some don't see the wide ranging effect from sociopathic behaviors.
    I certainly don't want my physicians or pilots to be drugged and/or addicted to drugs. Regretably, I think that there are probably many who are drugged/addicted to that perfectly legal, incredibly destructive drug called alcohol. Alcohol is far from benign, causing a great deal of harm to society yet is "endorsed" by our government. It is legal yet harms our society. Seems like a double standard to me.

    All things being equal, I'd rather be flown to the moon by the pilot who just smoked a joint as opposed to the one that just drank the fifth of Jim Beam.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

  14. #73
    Senior Member Array Chevy-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I have known people whose lives have been ruined by marijuana. I have seen careers destroyed. I have seen families ruined. Marijuana is hardly the benign drug some think. And yes, once someone goes down this destructive road they do tend to use other drugs.......

    Oh, please. This is pure paranoid propaganda, likely perpetrated by the very same drug dealers who would stand to lose billions if marijuana was legalized. I grew up in the 60's and I knew a LOT of pot smokers. Every single one of them grew up to be a decent, hard-working citizen.




    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    .....It is also interesting that the 'medical marijuana' sham has any legislative support whatsoever. There is already a pharmeceutical drug that has extracted the active ingredient in marijuana in a pill. The drug addicts don't want the beneficial effects, if any. The potheads simply want to get high. The 'medical' nonsense is simply a smokescreen.....
    And now you defend the pharmaceutical companies, who will certainly promote ANYTHING other than a natural substance, as a naturally occurring substance cannot be patented, therefore they cannot make MONEY.

    I have seen the benefits of medical marijuana first-hand. If you haven't witnessed it, then I don't know how you can discredit it.

    -
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

  15. #74
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,158
    I've stayed out of this because I think my views will not be especially popular.

    First, to the OP---We are known by the company we keep, and if we are with the wrong company at the wrong time or place we will be in big trouble. So, I'm with the others who say tell the "friend" to leave. People who deliberately break the law or flaunt it can not be trusted. Today it is the weed, tomorrow it will be taking your stuff, or bedding your girl. A person either has the moral courage to follow the rules or they don't. If they don't, they won't! And it will be in more than one area of their lives.

    On the other issue some have brought up, which is irrelevant to the OP's question, legalization, I take a very libertarian view. It is no one's biz what I put in my body so long as I don't then break other laws about disorderly conduct, assault, driving while under the influence.

    We could save a fortune in health care costs in this country if we did away entirely with the system of scheduled drugs and prescription writing. (Ordinary prescription meds are scheduled.)

    How many of us have spent a great deal of money year after year going to a doc just to get prescriptions we routinely use renewed? Most of you who are over 40 know this. And those of you who are younger then that and have any kind of chronic condition know that too. A doc should be an advisor and an advocate and not someone you must go to in order to get what you already know you need.

    Anyone who has chronic health problems knows how how unnecessary annual visits add great cost and are a big burden on individuals and the insurance companies.

    So, you want to take pain pills. That's your problem, I don't care. Suppose you have a disagreement with your doc over whether or not to have surgery for that shoulder or just treat the pain. Why should he: a) get to over rule your personal decision by denying pain medicine? b) be forced out of fear of DEA to under prescribe? Why should you have to worry every time you go out with (for convenience) a pill in your pocket instead of in the dang original prescription bottle?

    Our entire system for dispensing and distributing medication, legal, and controlling illegal drug distribution, is dysfunctional. It can't be fixed. It needs a radical rewrite of the laws.

    I opened my newspaper today. A guy was arrested because they found ONE pill of Adderral in the car. He faces 2 years in prison. There are better things to be doing with my tax money than spending a few tens of thousands of dollars prosecuting this kind of case, paying a public defender for this, housing the guy once he is convicted, and that doesn't even address the lost income (and taxes paid) over a lifetime of reduced earnings because of the arrest.

    Wouldn't it be so much better to either mind our own business or divert the guy to real treatment if there is a real problem, instead of criminalizing this stuff.

    Insanity is doing the same thing that doesn't work over and over again and expecting a different result. That is where we are with our "war on drugs."

  16. #75
    Member Array isaiah357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    small town wi
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I've stayed out of this because I think my views will not be especially popular.

    First, to the OP---We are known by the company we keep, and if we are with the wrong company at the wrong time or place we will be in big trouble. So, I'm with the others who say tell the "friend" to leave. People who deliberately break the law or flaunt it can not be trusted. Today it is the weed, tomorrow it will be taking your stuff, or bedding your girl. A person either has the moral courage to follow the rules or they don't. If they don't, they won't! And it will be in more than one area of their lives.

    On the other issue some have brought up, which is irrelevant to the OP's question, legalization, I take a very libertarian view. It is no one's biz what I put in my body so long as I don't then break other laws about disorderly conduct, assault, driving while under the influence.

    We could save a fortune in health care costs in this country if we did away entirely with the system of scheduled drugs and prescription writing. (Ordinary prescription meds are scheduled.)

    How many of us have spent a great deal of money year after year going to a doc just to get prescriptions we routinely use renewed? Most of you who are over 40 know this. And those of you who are younger then that and have any kind of chronic condition know that too. A doc should be an advisor and an advocate and not someone you must go to in order to get what you already know you need.

    Anyone who has chronic health problems knows how how unnecessary annual visits add great cost and are a big burden on individuals and the insurance companies.

    So, you want to take pain pills. That's your problem, I don't care. Suppose you have a disagreement with your doc over whether or not to have surgery for that shoulder or just treat the pain. Why should he: a) get to over rule your personal decision by denying pain medicine? b) be forced out of fear of DEA to under prescribe? Why should you have to worry every time you go out with (for convenience) a pill in your pocket instead of in the dang original prescription bottle?

    Our entire system for dispensing and distributing medication, legal, and controlling illegal drug distribution, is dysfunctional. It can't be fixed. It needs a radical rewrite of the laws.

    I opened my newspaper today. A guy was arrested because they found ONE pill of Adderral in the car. He faces 2 years in prison. There are better things to be doing with my tax money than spending a few tens of thousands of dollars prosecuting this kind of case, paying a public defender for this, housing the guy once he is convicted, and that doesn't even address the lost income (and taxes paid) over a lifetime of reduced earnings because of the arrest.

    Wouldn't it be so much better to either mind our own business or divert the guy to real treatment if there is a real problem, instead of criminalizing this stuff.

    Insanity is doing the same thing that doesn't work over and over again and expecting a different result. That is where we are with our "war on drugs."


    this is exactly the way i feel.

    its no ones business what an individual does with their body, until what they put into their body effects me. smoke a joint and drive a car should have the same penalties as someone who drinks and drives, your rights infringe on mine then. however there are countless people who just smoke and cause no harm to anyone including themselves. its none of the govt business what any of us do as long as it doesnt effect anyone else. the only thing about pot that effects others is fact that it is illegal and therefore made dangerous by the law. alot of you guys sound like you just watched reafer madness. the commission Nixon put up to examine the marijuana issue came back and said pot is harmless. he ignored it because he didnt want to be seen someone who cut law and order funding or resources. it was made illegal in the first place because it was thought around the turn of the century that it would make black people crazy and rape white women. LOOK IT UP, if you think im wrong. the fact is we have more people locked up then china, china has 4x our population and half of the people we do in prison. i dont want them to spend MY taxes this way.

    ive known doctors lawyers cops walmart workers who lead great lives choosing to get stoned on their time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. CHL in Texas after Marijuana Charge
    By BlueNinjaGo in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: September 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
  2. Tough Situation (happend to a friends roomate)
    By MRPOWER in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: November 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
  3. Med. Marijuana keeping her alive?
    By packinnova in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 15th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Search tags for this page

am i liable for roomates marijuanna in arizona
,
are you guilty by association if people in your household smoke marijuana in viriginia?
,
are you guilty by association when someone is smoking weed in your house
,

can i get a ccw with a misdemeanor marijuana charge

,
can i get i trouble if my roommate smokes pot? in washington, dc
,

ccp nc

,

dq weed

,
guilty by association marijuana in home
,
if my roommate is caught with marijuana in the house in az, can i also be held responsible
,
if someone brings marijuana into my house, am i responsible for it?
,
if you are caught with weed in texas, is it guilty by association
,
weed guilty by association texas
Click on a term to search for related topics.