Marijuana + Roomate = DQ my CCP? (NC)

This is a discussion on Marijuana + Roomate = DQ my CCP? (NC) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i know most of what we have discused is off of what the OP is asking but the replies and discussion have been great, thank ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Marijuana + Roomate = DQ my CCP? (NC)

i know most of what we have discused is off of what the OP is asking but the replies and discussion have been great, thank you everybody for contributing your views and opinions!

2. Remove Ads

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    I do not use any kind of drugs or support the use of it so why did you waste your time telling me this? All I was saying is that it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal it it could be taxed. I Don't come at me with crap like this again.
    Easy...only the first line was a response to you. The rest was a general response to some of the other posts. I should have separated it and been clearer.
    I agree with you. Legalize and regulate it like alcohol and it becomes less of a big deal.

JD
    Administrator

Don't make me check the delete box.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithErick View Post
    I have a question. My roomate and best friend for many years has begun a bad habit. He has not told me yet, but I am a very observant person and seem to be catching on to his habit. If he were to get caught with his substance in the home that is in my name will it count towards me in any way? Will I lose my CCL?

I am in NC by the way and can't find any information on it.

Thanks in advance!
    In response to your question, Yes. That is based on PA laws. If you own the home and there are controlled substances in it, you are in possession of them. PA law doesn't cover ownership it says possession. Possession of a controlled substance is cause for revocation of a CWP in PA.

Now the free advice. Sounds like it's time to eject dude from your residence. If you think that he is a friend worthy of saving you may wish to try "smacking the stupid" off of him first. If he doesn't learn, boot him then.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Thanks again guys! This was a very informative and opinionated thread.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGun View Post
    Depending on what LE agency ends up in your house they OFTEN will confiscate all your weapons, cash and tell you if you want it back you have to go thru a judge and they intentionally drag it out FOREVER hoping you will give up. Throw him out. Think about all the people in Mexico getting murdered, the cops getting shot and the tax dollars waisted so he can smoke his joint!
    Obviously, the OP did not enter into a 420-friendly contract. You can help your friend short of terminating his right to room with you. Facilitate his verifiable attendance of 12-step, counselling, intervention, medical appointment .... He may laugh you off. Then tell him roommates enter into an implied contract not to break the law and if you see or hear any more about it then the cat's out of the bag. But that's all you can do for him since he's the only one who can decide his habits. He gives no cause to end the friendship or go to war. The above methods are far more efffective than wasting our national military and police resources on a big, bad "drug war" that merely gives bloody thugs incentive to terrorize international judicial processes. That such a war continues in the face of 113K + troops staging on the Mexican border to battle 100K narco-terrorists affirms that there are no good guys in this war. Besides many of the troops having more than casual acquaintence with personal use of illegal drugs, someone's getting paid besides the drug dealers.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    This is not the forum to debate legalization of drug or the relative merits or not of such an action. Take it elsewhere.

Back on topic on the next post or this one gets the lock.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Skipped the intervening posts, but I'm sure some similar thoughts were there: if your buddy's "weed appreciation" is worth a felony conviction to you, keep quiet.

You're violating the most fundamental of the Rule of Stupids. Your "buddy" is engaging in illegal activity, for his personal gratification, in a domicile leased/rented in your name. Obviously, you and your social/physical welfare are a high priority for him.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I haven't read all of the responses, but I'll add mine.
    If this is a good friend, be agood friend yourself, get him out of your house and get him some help.
    Project yourself and your rights and protect your friend, before something unfortunate happens to either one of you.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Try and move out on friendly terms. Just say that you need some space. In my opinion weed is not that big of a deal but tell him that you just need some space.

When I was a freshman at college I made a deal with my roommate, he could keep his weed in his car and smoke it there, and I would keep my guns out of the dorm room (it would have been against the rules but he didn't know that). It worked out fine for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    Try and move out on friendly terms. Just say that you need some space. In my opinion weed is not that big of a deal but tell him that you just need some space.
    Just for clarification, it is the original posters home, not the room mate's with the weed.

The home is in the OP's name, why should he be the one to move out of his own house?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Simple solution:

Tell your roomie to keep weed out of the dwelling or hit the road. Perhaps you'll keep him as a friend; if not, your loss is minimal.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links