Forgot your wallet?

Forgot your wallet?

This is a discussion on Forgot your wallet? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night I went out to get a few things and I was CC as normal... well I was with my wife and suddenly realized ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgot your wallet?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Forgot your wallet?

Last night I went out to get a few things and I was CC as normal... well I was with my wife and suddenly realized when we got to where we were going I forgot my wallet with my LTCF...

Have you done this, and what would you do?

I have done this twice since I started to carry. When I did I just switched from cc to OC. The other option for me would be disarm.
    "we often were subjected to vilification, including an orchestrated set of protests we knew were phony because every nasty letter referred to “you wreckless men.” I thought “wreckless” was funny, but Dave Friedman took some of those letters to the FBI. Human nature can be inhuman." H.G. Lewis

VIP Member
    I've not done this but it is something I do worry about. As I understand it, here you would be in trouble the same as if you did not have a valid license issued at all. That isn't right.

I do keep color photo copies of my driver's license, CC, and state ID in a brief case-- just in the hope that if my wallet were lifted these other documents would at least ease an officer's mind enough that an arrest wouldn't happen.

I think a law needs to be in place that if you are arrested because you don't have the license on you, being licensed should be a defense against prosecution. Maybe, if not a complete defense against prosecution the charges should be lowered from a serious gun law violation to a minor offense punishable by a small fine only.

(walks back and forth) and says "Oh (bleep) Oh geez (bleep) me.

If that happens, I will just disarm it and leave it in my vehicle.

Question

I have been told that your carry status will show up when an officer runs your plates. Even an arrest report will be maintained even though you were found not guilty or your court records were purged after a certain amount of time. Is this correct..just askin....gg

I was photo copying my CHL and left it in my scanner,It wasn't until I was buying a new gun and went to pull it out that I realised where It was.I was without my license for about 30 min from my house to dealer,but had it not been for the gun purchase may of been walking around thinking I had it til I used my debit card,I keep my CHL behind that card I use every day so I physically see it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yea, I've done it twice while walking the dog. Both times, I returned home for the wallet ASAP. Had I been out and about town, I'd have made myself as legal as possible at that moment by placing pistol in console of truck. I'd then drive straight home as safely as possible since I'm driving without a license & retrieve my credentials.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

yeah one time I think? maybe more than once, I forgot the whole wallet too, funny thing is I forget my watch a lot, but never forget to holster.

good thing I can OC here.
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Never.....

I tend to stack all my stuff in a single location, usually in my ball cap, so if I forgot my wallet, I also forgot my car keys, gun, tactical knife, OCS, tactical light....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

In Kentucky it is not a criminal offense, there is only a $25 fine for not being in possession of the CCDW permit while CC'ing.

ETA:
    If I could easily return and retrieve my wallet, I would. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. I've gone for walks in the neighborhood w/o my wallet and CC'ing.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    get back in the car and go get it or just put the gun in the console.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Have you done this, and what would you do?

No I have not.
    I would probably pull the gun out and wave it in the air while screaming out loud "I SURRENDER MY WEAPON, I SURRENDER!!!!"

Haven't done it yet. Keep thinking about getting a thin, but stiff, plastic sheath to glue on the back of my IWB holster to keep the license - nope, don't have a holster drawer, but do see getting a holster tshirt. Guess that would go over easier if you have multiple licenses to put with any holster you may have.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I carry password protected photocopies of everything in my wallet on my thumb drive. I've forgotten one or the other, but so far never both. My ID cards are in a non-password protected folder that I named "_In Case of Emergency." I made these folders to save me grief if my wallet gets stolen or if I'm involved in an accident and the emergency providers have the initiative to look on my drive.

Most police cars around here have PCs in their car, so I'm guessing we could deal with supplying your ID in that way.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Haven't done it yet. Keep thinking about getting a thin, but stiff, plastic sheath to glue on the back of my IWB holster to keep the license - nope, don't have a holster drawer, but do see getting a holster tshirt. Guess that would go over easier if you have multiple licenses to put with any holster you may have.
    If ever asked for your permit by LEO, they will probably not want to have you fidgeting with your holster trying to retrieve the CCW permit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links