Help I made a boo boo

This is a discussion on Help I made a boo boo within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had this feeling that something would be wrong on my cwl application. There was so much paperwork and questions. and with my illness I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help I made a boo boo

Help I made a boo boo

I had this feeling that something would be wrong on my cwl application. There was so much paperwork and questions. and with my illness I have brain fog. it's hard for me to concentrate or retain things.

So I went to get electronically fingerprinted and the cop was a witch to say the least. But I was nice. So she says the electronic isn't working.

So i did it manually. But on the form it says Don't stamp the Police station on the front make sure stamp is on the back. Well guess what she stamped it on the front. I don't know if that is going to screw my application up.

I do know now that I sent the wrong amount of money. i sent a check for $75. Thinking I already paid for fingerprinting. But I read the instructions again and there's a $45 dollar fee for processing the prints.

So now i don't know what's going to happen. I guess I'll call on Monday and see what can be done? I hope they can accept a check and keep it together with my application that i sent in 4 weeks ago.

I just don't want all this work and money to go to waste because some stupid mistakes.

Help if anyone else has done this or something like it. Please tell me all will be fine and i will get a permit before I die of old age. I could never go thru another class for 5 hours.

thanks Steve
    Last edited by Miggy; March 7th, 2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Language Workaround

2. Remove Ads

Ill apologize in advance and I really dont mean to chastise too hard here but...

I think it might be a case of, if you cant follow the application directions, maybe they should not provide you with a permit?

Again, I know that sounds harsh and Im sorry.

You'll get your permit but you're gonna have to follow ALL the directives given by the state.

I never had my FL permit when I lived there but I was told by someone once that if you mess up the application process they will bar you from EVER having the concealed permit. That is why they help you do your paperwork in the class you take.

Of course that is probably hearsay and wrong but it does make sense.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

You'll probably just have to submit new prints and the $45. Probably a delay, nothing more.

VIP Member
    Give them a call and see what you need to do. You may be able to send in the rest of the money, or you may have to re-accomplish the paperwork. As to having to go through the class again, unless there is a specific time between when you take the class and when you apply for your permit, and you go over that time, you should be good to go.

AllAmerican: I never had my FL permit when I lived there but I was told by someone once that if you mess up the application process they will bar you from EVER having the concealed permit. That is why they help you do your paperwork in the class you take.
    Whoever told you that was full of you know what. An honest mistake on the application is not going to bar you from getting a permit. Now if you intentionally provide false information on the application that is a different story.

VIP Member
    Steel44 wrote: "There was so much paperwork and questions. and with my illness I have brain fog. it's hard for me to concentrate or retain things."

First off, the error appears to have been made by the lady who took the fingerprints; she knows where to put the stamp, or should know, so don't blame yourself for not catching that.

Second, only you know whether the "illness and brain fog" you speak of are things that would make carrying unwise. Please at least think carefully about that.

The ability to follow instructions is tied to an ability to remember and to understand the complicated carry laws. If you are unsure you can reliably do that, think carefully about whether or not carry is right for you.

Some folks just get real nervous when they have to do paperwork and their brain doesn't work at that moment, but works great the rest of the time. If you are in that category, just move on and forget about what happened. It will get straightened out one way or another eventually.

Some folks just get real nervous when they have to do paperwork and their brain doesn't work at that moment, but works great the rest of the time. If you are in that category, just move on and forget about what happened. It will get straightened out one way or another eventually.
    Thankyou Hopyard. I'm so stupid,,,, I did it again. I'm too honest and their is always people that hurt you for that.

I have an chronic illness.....So therefore I should be subject to being defenseless. I've been shooting all my life. When ever I go to the range I've had people stop and watch because they never have seen anyone shoot so accurate. That's not to boast, just to let you know I understand Deadly Weapons. and don't take it lightly. If I don't feel right Im not going to carry a gun. on that day.

I'm not an idiot, because I have problems with forms.

Message forums.....when will I learn?
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; March 7th, 2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

You will most likely (surely) get what was wrong sent back.

There will be a letter explaining what you did wrong and how to correct the situation.

Most likely that you will get the FBI print card returned.

Either you get a NEW FBI card or they will ask that the old card is stamped in the proper place. This should be done for NO CHARGE since they screwed it up in the first place.

The $45 fee for print processing goes to the FBI and since they never got it in the first place you will not have to pay them again however if you sent Florida Dept. Agriculture the wrong amount for the total package you will have to have that correected.

It will delay your application. It will be just as though you started all over.. No need to retake the class.
    bosco

Also this class gave us the forms and sent us on our way.
    \\\\

How many people on this forum have NEVER made a mistake? Those are the only ones that should be allowed to carry?

It will all work out. Like others said, you'll either get the forms back for correction or you can handle it over the phone. We deal with the ATF all the time at work over forms and paperwork, they're always helpful and it ends up just fine.
    By the way, when I filled out my Missouri CCW application, I didn't make a mistake. Why? Because the chief of police didn't know how to fill it out either! We had to call the state police to get directions. The law had just passed and my wife and I were two of the first people to apply in our county.
    Want to make a lot of mistakes? Try a tax stamp application for a short-barreled rifle.......

[QUOTE=Steel44;1056179]
    Some folks just get real nervous when they have to do paperwork and their brain doesn't work at that moment, but works great the rest of the time. If you are in that category, just move on and forget about what happened. It will get straightened out one way or another eventually./QUOTE]

Thankyou Hopyard. I'm so stupid,,,, I did it again. I'm too honest and their is always people that hurt you for that.

I have an chronic illness.....So therefore I should be subject to being defenseless. I've been shooting all my life. When ever I go to the range I've had people stop and watch because they never have seen anyone shoot so accurate. That's not to boast, just to let you know I understand Deadly Weapons. and don't take it lightly. If I don't feel right Im not going to carry a gun. on that day.

I'm not an idiot, because I have problems with forms.

Message forums.....when will I learn?
    Nah.. I didnt mean that coming from me. And no you shouldnt be defenseless at all. In fact no one should.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Thanks David and Bosco I appreciate the info. and support thanks again.

guess it will just take longer. I'll let you know what happens when I call on monday if your interested.

Steve

considering they are SO backed up with applications already, I would say you'll have your permit by like july now....

Steve - I don't think anyone here means you any disrespect but understand their point of view as well. If someone has an illness that makes this sort of thing difficult for them it does stand to reason that the same illness will make it difficult for them to make those split-second decisions when it matters most.

Shooting accuracy and firearm handling skills on the range are totally different than the same skills when applied to an ultra high stress situation when rationalizing, analysis and action all take place in a matter of seconds. In those situations I guarantee that your skills will only come in to play in regard to instinctive action and muscle memory.

Again - no one means you any disrespect. Just understand the other side of the coin.

Drew - Who didn't make any mistakes on his application and scored 100% on both the laws exam and shooting quals

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Ill apologize in advance and I really dont mean to chastise too hard here but...

I think it might be a case of, if you cant follow the application directions, maybe they should not provide you with a permit?

Again, I know that sounds harsh and Im sorry.

You'll get your permit but you're gonna have to follow ALL the directives given by the state.

I never had my FL permit when I lived there but I was told by someone once that if you mess up the application process they will bar you from EVER having the concealed permit. That is why they help you do your paperwork in the class you take.

Of course that is probably hearsay and wrong but it does make sense.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!
    the payment directions aren't all that clear i know of quite a few people that have read the instructions and have come out thinking that its only $75 (or whatever it was @ the time) and you're done. its written but not too great. i doubt its changed much in the 2 years since i've gotten mine

I had to send in additional info for my app,I put down the information,but it said notarised proof
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links