Louisiana Drops Wyoming Need Your Help

This is a discussion on Louisiana Drops Wyoming Need Your Help within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LA has removed WY as a state it honors. They did this as they were informed by Wyoming they were dropping LA from their list ...

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

LA has removed WY as a state it honors. They did this as they were informed by Wyoming they were dropping LA from their list last month. WY AG backed down and did not remove any of the states they previously listed. Colorado removed Wyoming and after talking to them they put WY back on the CO list. I have sent 2 emails to the LA State Police Concealed Handgun Permit Unit but have not heard back.

Please Email them at concealed_handguns@dps.state.la.us and tell them that WY has not removed LA from the list of states it honors. LA will honor any state that honors theirs so they should put WY back on their list. Do talk nice to them and give them this URL ( http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/CWP.html ) to check out about WY and who they will honor. The page also contains a paragraph about WY looking at who they will honor in the future and until them WY will honor a LA Permit/License.

Again do be nice in your email to the LA State Police as harsh words just turn people off. As my mother always told me you will get more with honey than you will with vinegar.

I have not updated Handgunlaw.us to show this change in who honors whose permit/license but if I hear nothing back from them by Tuesday 4/10/09 or they have not added WY back on their list I will update the site on this change in who honors a WY permit. I am hoping they add WY back on their list as they should.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

well if you need to go to LA you can still open carry till it gets straightened out ;)
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Sounds like Wyoming realised the impact thet denying other states CHL holders the right to carry in their state would have on their tourism.I had already made plans to remove wyoming as a state I would visit or travel thru when they announced they were dropping Tx reciprocity.Tx don't care we want people to be able to be safe when they are here,that's why they have the safe motorist act.I know It would be nice to be able to carry everywhere without a permit
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This whole thing has raised a big can of worms, all because of a anti AG that stuck his nose where it was not needed....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Links