Insane Animal Rage - Page 2

Insane Animal Rage

This is a discussion on Insane Animal Rage within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Roadrunner, Sounds to me like a perfectly reasonable reaction to an absolutely unreasonable situation. You are on the right track. Be glad you are there ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insane Animal Rage

Roadrunner,

Sounds to me like a perfectly reasonable reaction to an absolutely unreasonable situation.

You are on the right track.

Be glad you are there for them.

I'm glad you are.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Farms are not Exempt

RR,

Glad everyone was OK...and I certainly understand your rage.

I grew up on a farm and until more recent years had the same mentality. We had an apple farmer murdered and his wife attacked in Upstate NY by some real lowlifes during a botched robbery.

As you arm the family tell them to keep in mind:

It can happen anywhere.
    They experienced #1
    Be prepared and remember #1 and #2.

Bless your family and keep them safe...

Aus

No one hurt is the main thing, could have been worst.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Roadrunner:
    I feel for ya' Bud, my wife and I went had an attempted break-in last June - had I not woke up when I did it could've been a face to face confrontation. As Hotguns said, there's been a lot of sleepless night since then and it's still rare when I sleep more than two or three hours straight. Keep an eye on your family and watch for those signs of stress he talked about, I can almost guarantee they'll be there.

You're right to be concerned and P.O'ed, had I known the long term effects of the scumbag who hit our apartment still being on the loose I wouldn't have just scared them off - catch my drift?

Do your best to get your relatives in the proper defensive mindset and take care of them as best you can.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    While outside working in the yard(within 50' of the house)someone came into my parents unlocked house and swiped a bunch of stuff. What would have happened if one of them would have come back inside unexpectidly to use the bathroom or get a drink of water ?? When my wife and I work in the yard,the house is locked and I'm of course armed. We have a little piece of cord with just one key on it. This is the key to the back door. It hangs on a hook on the inside wall. When we go outside to work,we hang it around our neck. Hey, none of us are exempt from this sorta stuff. There are BG's out there just waiting to make us a victum. ---------

Glad to hear everyone was ok. That's the main issue.

Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Again, thankfully, nobody was hurt...everyone should learn a lesson from this (to be prepared)...and to those who carry everywhere they can, you have the right idea

Very glad that nobody was hurt. (By nobody I exclude the BGs - they deserve and need to be hurt - badly and permanently) It's a shame that a person can't feel safe and secure in their own home. I guess we all can thank our pro-criminal judicial system for that fact. Your rage is well deserved.

When my weedeaters were stolen during the Christmas week I felt intense anger and then went into a type of "sick to my stomach" feeling and then to the waking up/hardly sleeping phase.

They didn't come into my house but they were within my personal zone.

Wayne

VIP Member
    I'm glad to see everyone is OK. I was burglarized in December 2004 while I was away for the weekend. They went through everything and beat my gunsafe half to death, but couldn't get in. It's a very violating feeling knowing somebody beat down your front door and went through your underwear drawer.

I went through the "if I was home..." phase, wondering if they came in at night when I would've been in the shower, or I would've been ready at the top of the stairs with my 11-87.

I'm really glad your cousin is OK - that must've been incredibly terrifying, especially when caught vulnerable in bed.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Wink Iron bars seem to work

In 1993 the wife and I were hearing of the local young thugs kicking down front doors to gain access to homes around where we live.

We looked at alarms and alarm Companies and vetoed them because thugs just cut the phone line at the entrance of the home.

We then bought iron barred doors and window coverings. They are painted white so they don't look like were in a prison.

The cost in 93 was $1600 and they have worked for the past 13 years. I am thinking the local thugs just don't want to take the extra time to get past the bars.

We just lately got a lady rottweiler that adds to our overall protection plan. Anyway it seems to be working.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner
    It's a big deal. This 'kid' wasn't taking a tractor for a joyride, he was robbing a house whose owners were obviously present less than 50 yards from the house. This area has a HUGE meth problem, LE currently considers it the meth capital of the nation. There are mobile labs all over the countryside and lots and lots of junkies looking to find the cash for their next fix. Now obviously I have no way of knowning if this particular individual fits that description or not, but it would be idiotic to write off the possibility. Pardon me for taking the safety of my family seriously.
    And sounds as if he knew their routine and knew his way around the place.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    my grandmother entered her kitchen to find a male standing inside the doorway....
    he robbed her and left without hurting her physically....
    mentally she is damaged for life....
    won;t go outside,even in daylight if home alone and leaves the doors locked all the time....
    would love to get locked in a room with him for 5 minutes....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I'm glad to see everyone is OK. I was burglarized in December 2004 while I was away for the weekend. They went through everything and beat my gunsafe half to death, but couldn't get in. It's a very violating feeling knowing somebody beat down your front door and went through your underwear drawer.

I went through the "if I was home..." phase, wondering if they came in at night when I would've been in the shower, or I would've been ready at the top of the stairs with my 11-87.

I'm really glad your cousin is OK - that must've been incredibly terrifying, especially when caught vulnerable in bed.
    My grandmother lives in Nashville as well, you may have heard of her incident a couple of yrs ago, there were several other victims of the same perp... He was since arrested and positively i.d.' d by all his victims....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links