Insane Animal Rage

This is a discussion on Insane Animal Rage within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad everything worked out, being robbed sucks. I am in the communications business so I installed my own video equipment at my house inside and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insane Animal Rage

Glad everything worked out, being robbed sucks.

I am in the communications business so I installed my own video equipment at my house inside and out and can view it at anytime with internet access away from the house or on a monitor at the house, some are hidden and some are plan as day.

The visible cameras are wireless and look like what you would see at Wal-Mart with the color motorized camera and smoked dome. I have recorded people coming into the driveway, (I have a 250 ft long driveway) look at the camera and turn around and leave like they were at the wrong house or something. Not sure what they were up to but I can pretty much guess that they were casing or attempting to Robb me. The funny thing is I have them recorded actually looking up at the camera after spotting it then turn around and leave.

I have there, face, car make, model, color and license plate.

I also have a smiley face in the window at the front door telling the ones who may have missed the cameras coming in the driveway to smile as they are being and have been recorded since they pulled in. It's common practice now but I used to look at a lot of the video just cause I got a kick out of what might be there. Now If nothings out of place I don't really look at them much any more.

I live in a safe rural area but goblins are everywhere and I don't like the idea of BG's stealing my stuff.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

Yah, It's senarios like your's that made me think about carrying for more than the woods. Lotta Meth crap going on up in Denver area and the kids down in my area are bying & robing to keep up the habit.
    Geeze, I don't know if I would handled it a "calmly" as you. (I'd be tempted to "go hunting".)
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Got an update. It turns out the perp was known to the family (dated my other cousin at one point). He's basically harmless, but an addict (surprise surprise). He was fully aware of the family's schedule and the farm layout and attempted to use it to full advantage. Thankfully a neighbour noticed the car coming and going, and the police were able to use that to get him to confess. It turns out his uncle is the county sherrif, and may have used his influence to get the kid off the hook in the past. Hopefully mandatory rehab will be part of his sentence. So at least the known perp is locked up, which helps to take the unknown out of the equation. This event has been a wake-up call, my aunt and uncle are now locking their house and looking for more weaponry. So all things considered it turned out much better than it could have. Any future unwanted visitors are likely to find a much more hostile welcome.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Assistant Administrator
    Well - that at least is a sorta conclusion - helps to know the same perp won't do a repeat. Amazing how often perp's have some ''inside'' knowledge - they go for easy hits.

Well - wake-up call probably as you say probably now in retrospect useful even if they'd rather not have endured it in first place. Woe betide anyone else trying it on methinks!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner
    ... He's basically harmless, but an addict (surprise surprise).
    I will humbly submit that any addict, needing a fix, is most definitely NOT harmless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links