Insane Animal Rage

Insane Animal Rage

This is a discussion on Insane Animal Rage within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That was the only emotion I felt this morning when I recieved a call informing me that my aunt and uncle's home was robbed this ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insane Animal Rage

Insane Animal Rage

That was the only emotion I felt this morning when I recieved a call informing me that my aunt and uncle's home was robbed this morning. They live waaay out in the sticks on a dairy farm. My grandfather (aunt's father) lives on the farm's property, about 250 yards from my aunt's house. He called to give me the news. The faceless spineless coward who robbed them did it in the early morning while they were busy in the barn. He (assumed gender of the weasel) walked in the unlocked door and ransacked the kitchen, he also took some cash that was laying out in the open. He then moved on to the bedrooms and promptly found that my 21 year old female cousin was still in bed. Thankfully he took that as an opportunity to run rather than fight. She's feisty, but not very big and was unarmed at the time. We'll fix that oversight shortly. Furious, red-eyed incoherent rage is the only thing that keeps rising up in my mind. After recieving the news I went to my basement and practically dismantled the punching bag I have hung up in the basement. I just needed to beat the living hell out of something. That son-of-a-***** had better pray I never learn his face. I'll tear it right off of his skull.

The reason Grandpa called me is because I'm the family hook-up for guns (I work in a gun-shop). My cousin's reaction was thankfully one of anger rather than fear. She got her hands on the closest gun she could find after the incident occured, the problem was just that it was in the next room. In addition to that, she has very little experience with handguns. Enough not to be afraid of them, but nowhere near enough to be effective in SD situation. Since she's already got the right attitude, I think I can provide the tools she needs to correct this situation. I've got a nice S&W Model 10 that served HD duty for me until I got the Commander. With the right set of grips it should do just fine for her. I've now got acess to an indoor range, so tomorrow we'll visit with the M10 and my other pistols to see what works well for her. If the revolver does the trick I'll send it home with her.

I have no real point here besides a need to vent. The punching bag is beginning to look a little ragged and my knuckles are sore. For all of you country folks out there, don't get complacent. Their house is as country as country gets. Hopefully this incident will make them think twice about leaving the doors unlocked, and it's already changed my cousin's mind about the value of being armed. Here's hoping lightning doesn't strike twice in this case.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Administrator
    When the crime hits close to home to "self" or loved ones then there is a true need to vent.
    It's extra tough because ya don't have a live perp to punch & must settle for the punching bag.
    I know exactly how you feel.
    About the same way I felt when my Mother got pushed & had her purse snatched. She could have been hurt very badly.
    She lost a lot in that purse but, Thankfully, she did not lose her life or her health on that day...so I am grateful but, I STILL get a bit POed when I think back on it
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

At least he left instead of hurting your cousin.

Always makes ya very angry when something like this happens

Lead Moderator
    yep, luckily everyone is o.k. A valuable lesson that could have cost alot more. Suprised they don't have a dog or 2 ,being on a farm.

Thank God your aunt, uncle and cousin are safe. I bought a Bersa Thunder .380 for my mom a few months ago and she is finally getting comfortable with it, even had it in her hand for the first time a few days ago when a stranger came to the door (salesman, no problem). Just proves scum are everywhere, city or country. Thanks for sharing and reminding us.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Senior Moderator
    Im with ya Roadrunner...

As one that has taken various burglary reports around the county and been there shortly after people found out that they'd been "hit"...

First you'll feel absolute rage and you'll just want to kill the SOB that ripped them off.

As you cool down and think about it...
    You'll feel violated and hurt that someone did that to someone you love.

Eventually, you'll realize the potential and you'll feel somewhat fearful that it will happen again.

After you collect your thoughts...you think of ways to prevent it and eventually "harden" yourself against the possibility of it happening again. Some people change their locks, others install alarms and other arm themselves. A big dog can go a long way in keeping unwanted people out.

People have told me that they never felt the same again as far as being secure in their homes. Some have a hard time sleeping for a few weeks after and more than a few have undergone counseling for it.

If it happens to you personally, multiply all of your emotions by a factor of 10.

Different people deal with it in different ways. You'll never forget it and it will always tick you off everytime you think about it.

The best thing you can do is be aware and let them "talk it out" with you and watch for signs of stress. Sometimes they are real subtle other times they are obvious.Most likely they'll feel the same emotions as you...only worse.
    Good luck with the situation.

Administrator

Thumbs up HotGuns

You SURE DID capture the exact feeling of it all HotGuns.

Everytime I hear about an incident like this happening to a forum member I just am thankful when nobody gets hurt.

Just glad that they did not walk in on him & block his way out or that the girl did not wake up & force some sort of confrontation.

Hopefully, this PERP will not be so LUCKY next time & he'll find himself with a sudden increase in the content of heavy metal in his bloodstream.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    The main reasion we had the iron bars installed. Around this nasty cowtown they the thugs like to catch you off guard.

And no matter how many times it's happened here they seem to get away with it over and over.

People think if they are safer living outside of the main City that might have been the case back in the 40s&50s but it sure not the case today.

I think who ever posted that if one is "not paranoid maybe they are just not pay attention". Had it correct.

Assistant Administrator
    HG, you nailed the whole picture I think. Roadrunner - I think we would all feel the same rage and so can identify a bit with your extreme emotions. Robbery in the home is in a sense ''property rape'' - it violates privacy and space.

More than relieved no physical harm done but hope you will get the folks well set up and hopefully more aware too.
    Here's hoping lightning doesn't strike twice in this case.
    I doubt it will but not something to assume - cases do happen with second and even third attempts.

That is what to plan for anyways - glad you are around to help them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Aus
    It happened on a farm.
    The rural mentality is a bit different than the urban. The kid stealing a tractor for a joyride in the graveyard is different than the gangbanger highjacking cars. In the same way the thief wasn't looking for trouble so all they got was a wake up call. Big deal.
    Its enough to change a few things, that's about it. I speak from similar experience.

Cool

I am so glad no one was hurt.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

It's a big deal. This 'kid' wasn't taking a tractor for a joyride, he was robbing a house whose owners were obviously present less than 50 yards from the house. This area has a HUGE meth problem, LE currently considers it the meth capital of the nation. There are mobile labs all over the countryside and lots and lots of junkies looking to find the cash for their next fix. Now obviously I have no way of knowning if this particular individual fits that description or not, but it would be idiotic to write off the possibility. Pardon me for taking the safety of my family seriously.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I am glad that everyone came out of this safe!

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

Unfortunately ,

In todays mobile society , there are Scumbags everywhere.

Anyone who doesnt take simple precautions like locking home and vehicle doors is probably due for trouble.

Every Adult should have access to a firearm , as long as they are
    responsible and learn safe handling and shooting.

There have been studies done showing that every obviously unattended home will be "cased" by nogoods an average
    of once a year.

As you have learned , Take reasonable precautions - or Take your
    chances.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    I am so glad no one was hurt.
    +1!!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links