LEOs called on a LEO and I... nothing serious

This is a discussion on LEOs called on a LEO and I... nothing serious within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanted to tell you all what just happened a few minutes ago... I live in a 480 unit apartment complex (12 buildings)... One of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEOs called on a LEO and I... nothing serious

LEOs called on a LEO and I... nothing serious

Just wanted to tell you all what just happened a few minutes ago... I live in a 480 unit apartment complex (12 buildings)...
    One of my downstairs neighbors is a Miami PD officer, and we often talk about the range and he tells me the happenings of the day... Well, tonite was no different (at first). We were standing behind his personal vehicle with his girlfriend chatting about stuff and he mentioned he took his girlfriend to the range for the first time. She had a huge grin at the time. Well, I asked what she got to shoot and he pulled his shirt up to show me his XD 40. She asked if I shoot and he said "He better, he carries as well..." We have a small group of us in the community that know each other carries and have gone to the range together.
    We chatted for a few and I had to run to my Jeep while he was getting some stuff out of the car. Out of the corner of my eye, I see flashing red and blue and figured that the local PD was called for one of the usual reasons (Domestic, Burglary, Elevator stuck) and start walking back to my place. One of the LEOs pulls in front of me and tells me to stop. So I do. I glance over to my friend who is next to another LEO. As the LEO with me steps out, I notice he is in cop mode and tells me to move to the front of the vehicle. I move, but question why... he asks if I have a weapon and I say "Yes and I am licensed to carry." At that statement, he turns off cop mode and relaxes. My friend walks over with the other LEO and they are laughing. They told us that they got a call about a black male and white male flashing weapons and harrassing a female.
    We laughed and chatted for a while....then the officer noticed a woman standing on the 3rd story railing yelling. She was yelling "Thats them, occifers..."(no misspelling intended)...
    One of the LEOs walks over to her as we talk. He comes back and fills us in....
    In the parking lot where we were standing, there was a minivan parked directly in front of us... she was walking up to it, and heard us chatting about guns... she literally dropped to the ground and crawled back to the stairway and called 911. The problem after that is, she imbellished the story to the point that we were running after the female waving our guns. The LEOs said their goodbyes, and told us not to chase females around any more... I got an invite to go to the range from one...
    As they left, the woman came down from the stairs and walked up to her van again. She didn't see us standing there and as she walked around to the front of the van, she screamed...jumped about 3 feet in the air...and recognized my neighbor as the Miami PD he is... then she saw me and realized who I was (we know each other)... she started rambling off with apologies and said that when she heard guns and shooting and the girlfriend used the phrase "Blew the [Edited] away..." she freaked out.

So...overall a funny experience... And as my neighbor said on the way inside... never underestimate the power of stupid in any size group...
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; March 10th, 2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Language workaround.
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Typical.

Glad it worked out. Could have been alot worse had you been somewhere else.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Let this serve as a lesson to beware what you say and who overhears it.

Also, showing a gun, printing, etc, etc can be cause to get planted in to the ground at gunpoint until it's all sorted out. It's a good thing your friend is a LEO, as this may have happened to a Non-LEO and we would be hearing about another person with a gun arrested.

Better to be the "Grey Man".

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; March 10th, 2009 at 03:30 AM. Reason: spelling

lol it's 2am...but that story just made me bust out laughing real hard :) Thanks for sharing!!

Great story! It's all about timing.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." ~Thomas Jefferson~

"...Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." ~Nehemiah 4:14~

Your lucky your not being locked up,had it not been you and your LEO buddy the outcome could of been a lot different.I would have been pissed if a neighbor stated to a LEO that they had seen me waving a gun and chasing somebody down the street,all of which was not true.I would have filed charges for making a false statement,or sued her civilly for putting my life in jeapordy by making the false statements she did.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Funny story, but I'm with dukalmighty. I would have pressed the issue on her embellishing the story. Especially with one of the individuals being an LEO you shouldn't have to many "He said, she said..." problems....

Glad to hear everything worked out.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

You shouldn't scare the like that...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When your neighbor spoke, did it sound like....

Baaa Baaa Baaa??
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Your lucky your not being locked up,had it not been you and your LEO buddy the outcome could of been a lot different.I would have been pissed if a neighbor stated to a LEO that they had seen me waving a gun and chasing somebody down the street,all of which was not true.I would have filed charges for making a false statement,or sued her civilly for putting my life in jeapordy by making the false statements she did.
    I agree she needs a good talking to, hopefully the responding officer threatened her with filing a false report, and explained WHY it's important to get ACCURATE information relayed to the responding officers.
    However I do see where since she is a neighbor and friend or at least acquaintance of the OP they would not want to start a feud. I think with a little coaching from the two neighbors she might even be converted into a sheepdog, or perhaps a good lookout. At least she was willing to report something happening in her neighborhood. She didn't take the "Don't want to get involved" route.

Sounds funny on the surface, but that's how stories get spread and why sometimes our reputation as law abiding, albeit armed, citizens gets tarnished. No offense intended, but pay a little more attention to the last words in your post. My opinion, YMMV, and void where prohibited.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Great post...
    I have no idea what is so pertinent about the last words of the op though ^???

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    When your neighbor spoke, did it sound like....

Baaa Baaa Baaa??
    Bwaaahaaaaaa
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Will some of you LEO's explain how likely it would be for a legal carrier who as doe nothing wrong, co-operates "fully" with officers can be "locked up". Especially considering NO crime has been commited and there is NO victim.

How likely is it that CWP holder described is going to get locked up because of only ONE "overly" histerical person?

My vote is NOT very.

funny story to go with my coffee thanks, and glad it went smooth it could of been bad damn liar.
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links